Stroupe DNS.....

MX455
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:31am
I'm torn on this issue. The kid qualifies well and gets third in his heat race, and doesn't show up for the main event. I know he earned it and deserves the spot. But why even go out in the heat race just to take a spot from someone else? I just seems like a slap in the face to the fans, sponsors and fellow racers to just say I'm not ready, I'm tired or anythings else. Why not just stay home at the test track to get healthy and ready to be able to complete practice, a heat race and the MAIN event? What does everyone else think about this?
|
Slowzuki
1/18/2011 9:43am
He should have at least started the main and pull off if he couldn't hang. He looked good in the heat.
motosmith
1/18/2011 9:44am

Why did he not show up for the main?

If he ever lines up for a main he will holeshot, no doubt. That dude is a holeshot machine.
1/18/2011 9:45am
Smart move to race yourself inshape. Being at the races taking in the sights and sounds is a lot better training than staying at home playing x-box. Stroupe didnt take a spot away from anyone he earned a spot in the main, if he's not feeling it then so be it, 19 guys in the main works for me.
Grieby54
1/18/2011 9:46am
Another topic about this? You guys know there's a search feature on here... Right?

The Shop

MX455
1/18/2011 10:30am
Greiby my bad, I only checked a couple pages back.

Pistol, yes I agree that riding yourself into shape at the races is better. I disagree that it's ok for there to be only 19 riders on the line in the main event. Some people would kill for that spot. With the way this economy is and the amount of money that the teams and privateers shell out, the spot should have at least been given to the third place guy in the LCQ. No excuse for there to be any less than 20 guys on the line but then again this is why Villopoto, Stewart, Reed and Dungy are who they are. They come prepared, and give it everything they have.
BobbyM
1/18/2011 10:31am
Grieby54 wrote:
Another topic about this? You guys know there's a search feature on here... Right?
thanks for the tip...i typed in jackoff and yer name came up. works great it appears. Smile
Grieby54
1/18/2011 10:35am
BobbyM wrote:
thanks for the tip...i typed in jackoff and yer name came up. works great it appears. Smile
I find it a little funny that you were searching the word "jackoff." Looking for new techniques to use on Mikey?
Xeno
1/18/2011 10:55am
He looked really good in his heat race. I guess he was too tired or in too much pain to race the final.
kongols
1/18/2011 11:21am
MX455 wrote:
I'm torn on this issue. The kid qualifies well and gets third in his heat race, and doesn't show up for the main event. I know...
I'm torn on this issue. The kid qualifies well and gets third in his heat race, and doesn't show up for the main event. I know he earned it and deserves the spot. But why even go out in the heat race just to take a spot from someone else? I just seems like a slap in the face to the fans, sponsors and fellow racers to just say I'm not ready, I'm tired or anythings else. Why not just stay home at the test track to get healthy and ready to be able to complete practice, a heat race and the MAIN event? What does everyone else think about this?
What do you mean he took the spot from somebody else, is it first come first serve? Maybe we should ask all of those guy`s who crash out to just not line up and take somebody`s spot away.
Towelie
1/18/2011 11:26am
I thought they changed the rules so guys from the LCQ are to hang around and fill spots for riders who made the main but cant start? The goal was to have a full gate for all mains this way
Rupert X
1/18/2011 11:28am
MX455 wrote:
I'm torn on this issue. The kid qualifies well and gets third in his heat race, and doesn't show up for the main event. I know...
kongols wrote:
What do you mean he took the spot from somebody else, is it first come first serve? Maybe we should ask all of those guy`s who...
What do you mean he took the spot from somebody else, is it first come first serve? Maybe we should ask all of those guy`s who crash out to just not line up and take somebody`s spot away.

I think his point was that they absolutely need to fill in the gate for the mains.

Everybody understands that **** happens, but there are plenty of folks willing to

fill up the gate and make it look right, Many fans, rightly so, don't understand this

empty gate in the mains dealio - and it should've been fixed - years ago.

It's insane - take the next eligible guy and line him up.
VOODOO27
1/18/2011 11:30am
MX455 wrote:
He may have planned on racing the main if his shoulder wasn't bothering him... so maybe it was tightening up on him after the heat race. I don't think its a slap in anyone's face.... he rep'd for his sponsors well, for his first heat race with that holeshot and TV time. As a Stroupe fan, I was encouraged at seeing him do as well as he did, and can see his potential for top 5 finishes, once he's all in.

.... let's all move along, there's nothing to see here Smile
motosmith
1/18/2011 11:47am
MX455 wrote:
kongols wrote:
What do you mean he took the spot from somebody else, is it first come first serve? Maybe we should ask all of those guy`s who...
Rupert X wrote:
I think his point was that they absolutely need to fill in the gate for the mains. Everybody understands that **** happens, but there are plenty...

I think his point was that they absolutely need to fill in the gate for the mains.

Everybody understands that **** happens, but there are plenty of folks willing to

fill up the gate and make it look right, Many fans, rightly so, don't understand this

Way too much logic.
kongols
1/18/2011 11:54am
Rupert X wrote:
I think his point was that they absolutely need to fill in the gate for the mains. Everybody understands that **** happens, but there are plenty...

World sidecarcross has a rule that after qualifying 30 guy`s get to race and 31 and 32 is on a waiting list just in case of crash or technical or whatever. And it applies to both motos( just in case somebody isn`t able to race second moto)
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
1/18/2011 12:02pm
Grieby54 wrote:
This isn't Motonews where every topic from the last three weeks is still on the front page.

It's easy to miss topics here.
Rupert X
1/18/2011 12:02pm
Rupert X wrote:

kongols wrote:
World sidecarcross has a rule that after qualifying 30 guy`s get to race and 31 and 32 is on a waiting list just in case of...
World sidecarcross has a rule that after qualifying 30 guy`s get to race and 31 and 32 is on a waiting list just in case of crash or technical or whatever. And it applies to both motos( just in case somebody isn`t able to race second moto)

Dig it - in Supercross, I believe the issue is that those riders that qualify - also

qualify for various monies for making the main AND, last place $ for " being in the

show" . I don't know this to be true, but I'm assuming this is the case - on why

they don't fill the gates - most likely to do with fundage.

Everything is about the fundage. - ( He concluded, brazenly.)
Phillips467
1/18/2011 12:03pm
Slowzuki wrote:
He should have at least started the main and pull off if he couldn't hang. He looked good in the heat.
That's exactly what I think, surely if he's racing himself into shape, he should of started the main and then gone for as long as he could and then build off that going into next week. He's not going to get very far if he simply decides that he's done for the night, without even attempting the upcoming race.
kongols
1/18/2011 12:10pm
That's exactly what I think, surely if he's racing himself into shape, he should of started the main and then gone for as long as he...
That's exactly what I think, surely if he's racing himself into shape, he should of started the main and then gone for as long as he could and then build off that going into next week. He's not going to get very far if he simply decides that he's done for the night, without even attempting the upcoming race.
I don`t think he`s racing himself into shape. From what I understood his shoulder is still bothering him or he`s still injured.
kongols
1/18/2011 12:16pm
Rupert X wrote:

I find it unfair that people pick on riders because of some AMA rules. Pick on AMA then, not rider.
MX455
1/18/2011 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2011 12:55pm
Rupert clearly understands.

Kongols I'm not picking on anyone. Just stating facts and what I think should be. I was just curious to see what others thought. From what I have read on the different web sites, is that his shoulder is still an issue and he's not ready. IMO if his shoulder is still bothering him then he should not race. I'd be willing to bet that if it was his dime on the line he would be racing the main event or not going at all. If it is a money thing as Rupert said then they should be required to at least start the main event. What if we only had 10 riders on the line because they didn't feel right?
VOODOO27
1/18/2011 1:50pm
You may want to direct your opinion of displeasure with Austin racing at his employer, Valli Motorsports, since they want Austin out on the track getting some seat time, 450 racing experience. I'm sure they want him to work his racing jitters out vs chillin' at home away from the events? IMO, a great way to see if he's 'ready' is to get out there and see how much of the night show he can race through. Maybe, he'll make it this week in LA, or the following week in Oakland.... who knows. In your world he doesn't even make the effort to put in the laps on the tracks themselves, to see if he's ready, his bike would have to sit in the pits, unless he commits to racing the main, if he qualifies again. A new AMA rule in the making? Smile

Shouldn't he do what his employer asks, as longs as his doesn't push himself too far, where he may crash himself out? Austin said he wants to do his team right, and make them proud. I was pumped to see him in the heat race. It made my trip to Phoenix that much more enjoyable.

Throw another rider out there to have 20 racers lined up, but give the 20th place point to Austin (or any other racer) for earning a qualifying spot, sure.... Or, are you saying that the replacement rider should get his AMA points also, even though they really didn't qualifying on their own merit? Too much of a gray area to make everyone happy.
Overdrive
1/18/2011 2:42pm
Last place points need to go to Austin for qualifying for the main and he needs to be paid what the person who would be his alternate from the LCQ would have made because he didn't run the main. The Alternate takes the points that he earned in the LCQ (which maybe none) but gets to keep the money he earned in the main for whatever place he finished in the main. I doubt that any rider would have a problem with that set up.

I would be so pissed if I missed the main by one spot, and even more pissed if I was sitting in the stands looking at a gate with open spots. 20 riders need to be on the line period, they need to have 3rd and 4th from the LCQ in their gear with their bike on the line in case someone doesn't show up. Its really not that hard and pathetic that it continues to this day, its a slight on the riders and the paying public.
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
1/18/2011 2:46pm
Austin's one of the best starters on a 450. You'll see as the year goes on. If his fitness is there,He can be top 5.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/18/2011 3:30pm
It's interesting to look at the fortunes of the 3 superstars that came through amateurs in Stroupes year. Izzi, Canard and Stroupe were the 3 biggest names in a few years for graduate.

It's safe to say that only one out of those three has lived up to the hype. The other two have been dissapointing, im sure they'd agree. So its a one in three shot if you're a stand out superstar amateur factory rider from a young age.

Makes you wonder about all the kids dropping out of school to race from pre teen age, wonder if there parents have thought about this strike rate.
motoplook
1/18/2011 3:46pm
so I guess his equilibrium bracelet didn't work LMAO! Too funny the equilibrium guy did a twit to say how good it was that Stroupe beat Dungey in the Heat. I was like, er, yeah, cool, how come the magic bracelet didn't make him ride the main.

The other funny one was equilibrium twitting about Weimer..... mmmh, I guess he forgot his bracelet that day too, ha ha ha
peelout
1/18/2011 4:00pm
i think he flew in the heat race.

but also, if he wasn't going to race the main, then they should have given it to the next qualified rider. lame move imo.
offspring22
1/18/2011 4:04pm
F that noise. If you weren't good enough to get into the main, you weren't good enough. Better luck next time.

Unless there are like 6 guys lining up on the gate. That'd be a different story. But 19 doesn't make a difference.
MX455
1/18/2011 4:07pm
Voodoo you make a very good point about his employer. My questioning has been directed at Austin but I'm merely using him as an example. i do think that the point and money should go to the next guy. Austin was unable to ride the Main event. To me its no different if someone is unable or unwilling to ride timed practice, the heat race, the LCQ or the main.

iudi - Austin is a great starter but so is Short. Thats a tough bet to make right now when you everyone healthy. Every week he doesn't ride the main it will be harder and harder for him to make the top 10.

Haydos I see your point but all three have done things on motorcycles that we dream about. I think its crazy to say they have been disappointing. Izzi and Stroupe have a a bunch of injuries that could happen to anyone and it's only been 1 bad year for both of them. I wouldn't count either of them out. I wish both of them the best of luck.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/18/2011 4:16pm
MX455 wrote:
Voodoo you make a very good point about his employer. My questioning has been directed at Austin but I'm merely using him as an example. i...
Voodoo you make a very good point about his employer. My questioning has been directed at Austin but I'm merely using him as an example. i do think that the point and money should go to the next guy. Austin was unable to ride the Main event. To me its no different if someone is unable or unwilling to ride timed practice, the heat race, the LCQ or the main.

iudi - Austin is a great starter but so is Short. Thats a tough bet to make right now when you everyone healthy. Every week he doesn't ride the main it will be harder and harder for him to make the top 10.

Haydos I see your point but all three have done things on motorcycles that we dream about. I think its crazy to say they have been disappointing. Izzi and Stroupe have a a bunch of injuries that could happen to anyone and it's only been 1 bad year for both of them. I wouldn't count either of them out. I wish both of them the best of luck.
Absolutely, they've both notched up podiums and got to ride the best tracks in the world as a career. Im just pointing out the base they came from was pretty much equal with Canard. Now you look at his resume which includes 2 titles on a lites bike, a MXDN victory and a few podiums on a 450 now. He's well and truly streeted them when it comes to making the most of opportunity's, and done it all with a few serious injuries.

They must look at him and remember when. I agree, it's not to late, but opportunities are fast drying up.
zippy895
1/18/2011 5:04pm
""""""Not goin to race main event shoulder has taken a beating today thanks for all the support """""
he is still practicing for next race,relax people.

Post a reply to: Stroupe DNS.....

The Latest