Strange things you have seen whilst out riding

Edited Date/Time 1/14/2015 9:56pm
Once i was with around four others and it was getting late in the day, we came upon a clearing and there was an indian style tipi tent just sat there, this thing was at LEAST ten feet high and unoccupied. Anyway we carried on around this trail which brought us back by the same area, this only took like 10 minutes but as we approached the tent was gone?!
Now i'm no expert but surely those things take a while to take down, plus it was nearly dark so you'd think that whoever put it there would be using it that night. It freaked us all out and we gtfo of there.

(this thread is similar to one on thumpertalk a few years ago, many of you probably read it. there was some unreal stories on there)
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/29/2014 7:04am
When I was a young kid I was riding my Kawasaki KD100 along side a corn field near my house and came up to a little spot that was cleared and there was a Harley parked in it and some dude was drilling his chick on a blanket. All I saw was a white ass as I motored on by. Later I was playing soccer at our school yard also nearby and I saw and heard the Harley ride off. Burned an image in my brain and can't get rid of...
Regis
Fantasy
340th
12/29/2014 7:27am
I was riding at the famous "Palm Ave" as a kid and went down a hill on a little single track, turned a blind corner and drilled an illegal alien trying to cross the border. I was maybe 12 or 13. I get up, the guy is laying there in pain, speaking spanish and all of the sudden there is a dozen illegals surrounding me, they were all hiding. I picked up my bike and rode away.

gt80rider
12/29/2014 7:35am
this just happened about a month ago...

I was out on a trail ride and a bird landed on my arm while I was riding. I've been riding since just after the Earth cooled and that had never happened before. He rode on my arm for probably a half mile before he flew away. Weird, just weird.
Old-Man
12/29/2014 7:41am
Rode up on some skunks...you know the rest of the story

The Shop

12/29/2014 7:45am
Rode up on a burning SUV in the woods in North Carolina. Freaked me out. Didn't seem to be anybody inside it.
Called the fire department and they said somebody had already called it in. It was on the local news that night as a stolen car.

Sandberm
12/29/2014 7:57am
One day I discovered a van parked back in the trees at my mostly private, though not owned by me, riding spot. A few days later a couple of hunters found a dead body in the van. The previous Sunday the soon to be dead guy was at the local church trying to get some help as he was an old homeless druggy.

Kind of a sad way to die. Alone and homeless.Sad
TDeath21
12/29/2014 8:04am
Trail riding when I was about 13 years old. I was with my dad and we climbed this hill that kind of curves to the right toward the top. We get to the top and there's a guy to the right of the trail that looked like he was pulled straight out of Deliverance standing there with a gun rested on his shoulder and squirrels around his neck on a string or a rope. He was just chilling there watching us ride. Creeped me out big time. We obviously went left and we never saw him again. We live in northern Missouri and had ridden those trails all the time and never saw anything like that. Never saw anything like it again either.
Tumblin
12/29/2014 8:05am
Preriding a two day event in Nor Cal with the Far West MC club, I was burning up my section at speed in 3rd through some sweet singletrack, when I damn near slammed a BIG Black Bear broad side in the middle of my trail (his trail?).
After checking my shorts I get back up to speed and within a half mile a BIG Mtn Lion runs across the trail just in front of me....Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!
Flatliner
12/29/2014 8:27am
Bears plenty, porcupines too.

Some weird old wooden crosses as I guess graves in the middle of the woods.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
12/29/2014 8:44am
A girl doing the old backwards cowgirl with a not to be named factory rider on his tailgate.
rallendude
12/29/2014 9:03am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2015 8:50am
When I was a kid we used to ride trails every weekend. I missed this particular weekend but my dad, brother, and several other local riding buddies went out. There was this crazy lady that used to roam the streets where I grew up. We all called her Wacky Jackie. Picture an old bag lady just walking the sides of the roads, sometimes with a shopping cart, sometimes not. Keep in mind, we lived about 20 miles from any town.

One Sunday the previously mentioned crew was out riding and on the trail that connected our road to the gas lines we rode. They all come zipping around a corner in the woods to find Wacky Jackie standing in the middle of the trail swinging a machete like a mad woman. They all busted out through the woods and made their way around and kept going.

pacman00
12/29/2014 10:36am
1990 grape st in lake elsinore. one of the lake elsinore prostitute killers ( william suff ) victims.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/29/2014 11:21am
The 'Summer Bummer' Enduro in Indiana runs through a nudist resort, and the locals come out and work a check point. Keep in mind, 95% of what is seen is not welcome, but every now and then there is a 55 year old lady with a nice rack!!!
TailSoHard
12/29/2014 11:21am
A buddy of mine got broad-sided by a deer during an enduro about two miles after trying to help a guy with a broken down bike... my buddy had left the guy after they agreed that his bike was done for the day. So, my buddy continues on and gets hit by a deer a couple miles later and breaks his collarbone. Luckily, the guy he had stopped to help came walking up on him, with his number plate in hand, swapped numbers with my buddy, rode him out of the woods, dropped him off at a flagger's truck, then turned around and finished the race on my buddies bike lol
TailSoHard
12/29/2014 11:23am
MxKing809 wrote:
The 'Summer Bummer' Enduro in Indiana runs through a nudist resort, and the locals come out and work a check point. Keep in mind, 95% of...
The 'Summer Bummer' Enduro in Indiana runs through a nudist resort, and the locals come out and work a check point. Keep in mind, 95% of what is seen is not welcome, but every now and then there is a 55 year old lady with a nice rack!!!
Roselawn, if I remember correctly, right?? There's all kinds of stories of people getting "lost" in the nudie camp hahaha
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/29/2014 11:28am
MxKing809 wrote:
The 'Summer Bummer' Enduro in Indiana runs through a nudist resort, and the locals come out and work a check point. Keep in mind, 95% of...
TailSoHard wrote:
Roselawn, if I remember correctly, right?? There's all kinds of stories of people getting "lost" in the nudie camp hahaha
Lol, yup! It's easier than you'd think to end up in that place after the sun goes down..... Did I mention it's a swinger resort that throws DJ'd partys?
Flip109
12/29/2014 11:42am
Some guy died while riding at cross creek mx like in 08. Dude was just dead laying by the track. They threw a sheet over him till the ambulance got there to get him but everyone just kept riding. Was weird rolling through the corner and there's just a dead guy right there. I left shortly after lol. Least he died doing what he loved I guess
roost
12/29/2014 11:51am
I was at this race watching a family member in the mini race, and watched the helmet cam footage with the family after the race as they told/showed everyone about it... Guy dressed as a Ninja hiding in the leaves... He was seen many years before this incident... sneaking around a local riding area. Has not been seen since that I know of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbger_4LSes
12/29/2014 11:51am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 11:54am
Tornado. Of course in reality they can occur almost anywhere but still, you don't expect it in the middle of Lincolnshire, in England (though these days they seem to appear with increasing frequency). Just me and the family at a dealers private track, fairly decent summer day (I guess that alone is weird by UK standards...) and then out of nowhere it appeared a brief distance away - difficult to say how far or how big exactly because there was nothing to really gauge it against and it didn't meet the ground, but I wouldn't have fancied being near it. It formed the unmistakable classic funnel shape we all recognise and then disappeared after a few brief moments.
TailSoHard
12/29/2014 11:51am
MxKing809 wrote:
TailSoHard wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Lol, yup! It's easier than you'd think to end up in that place after the sun goes down..... Did I mention it's a swinger resort that...
Lol, yup! It's easier than you'd think to end up in that place after the sun goes down..... Did I mention it's a swinger resort that throws DJ'd partys?
Welp, that settles it, I'm putting that race on my calendar this year lol
Tim Parsley
12/29/2014 11:56am
When I was on 80's i crashed in a sand turn and when I was picking myself up I found a $20 bill in the middle of the track.
fins227
12/29/2014 12:01pm
While pounding some sand whoops on my 94 kx125, a cat ran out from the weeds and ended up under my front tire. Bad timing
TeamGreen
12/29/2014 12:16pm
An A-10 w/ an F/A-18 on it's wing...at EXTREMELY GNARLY LOW ALTITUDE...just to my left and passing to my right...but...get this!

They were going after a MIG-29 which had caught my eye seconds before & I was sure I'd mis-ID'd an F-15...Uh, no!

BFE-Nevada during the '98 VEGAS to Reno race. I'd actually backed off to take it all in for a second.

I was sooooo stoked.
bish153
12/29/2014 12:20pm
Not that weird, but I crashed at underground mx pretty hard. I was laying on the side of the track and when I woke up a foot from me was a copper head coiled up, just sitting there. He never moved, I think he was scared of the noise and didn't know what to do, I'm just glad I didn't roll one more time and land on top of him.
whyZ
12/29/2014 12:23pm
Was with G-man on one of his day after SX trail rides near Sycamore Creek. Ride is generally a full day, and just so happens this particular year was a wet one, so the creek is flowing pretty well. Like any other ride everything starts off well, and then the issues here and there come up. G-man's friend on his KTM went up this hill and however it happened the rear hub began to fail, started twisting and cracking, but didn't fail completely.

So we decided to start on the way back, now with the chain jumping off at any given time we were limping it back. We eventually come up on our second to last creek crossing when we see in the middle of the creek a truck. Exhaust bubbling, sitting still. Apparently these two guys decided to take this truck on a test drive earlier in the day, and was testing the two wheel drive off road capability. The truck still had the year and price painted on the windshield.

It's starting to turn dusk, temp dropping pretty quick and two guys in tee shirts and shorts staring at this high centered truck. We had our own problems, and still another 5 miles to our pit. We get off our bikes, discuss our options with them and determine there's not enough day light to get them out. We all wade in and give it our best to push the truck out, but no go. Told them as soon as we got back to our trucks we'd contact the sheriff dept. and let them know they needed to be rescued.
12/29/2014 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 12:44pm
Flip109 wrote:
Some guy died while riding at cross creek mx like in 08. Dude was just dead laying by the track. They threw a sheet over him...
Some guy died while riding at cross creek mx like in 08. Dude was just dead laying by the track. They threw a sheet over him till the ambulance got there to get him but everyone just kept riding. Was weird rolling through the corner and there's just a dead guy right there. I left shortly after lol. Least he died doing what he loved I guess
Jesus- they tossed a sheet over him and kept riding? Seriously? That is enormously fucked up.
12/29/2014 12:37pm
As kids riding 80's in the woods we got a bit lost in the trails and ended up coming out in a clearing near a baseball field. The field was on a native reservation, and instead of turning around we figured we'd just high tail it around the diamond and hit the woods road on the other side. We heard yelling and screaming form some locals in the dugouts as we went bye and then a couple "CRACKS" of shot guns above our heads. We just pinned it and kept ripping. When I got home I noticed 2 nice marks on the top of my helmet where the buckshot grazed the top. NEVER went back down that trail.
jamma10
12/29/2014 12:49pm
Tumblin wrote:
Preriding a two day event in Nor Cal with the Far West MC club, I was burning up my section at speed in 3rd through some...
Preriding a two day event in Nor Cal with the Far West MC club, I was burning up my section at speed in 3rd through some sweet singletrack, when I damn near slammed a BIG Black Bear broad side in the middle of my trail (his trail?).
After checking my shorts I get back up to speed and within a half mile a BIG Mtn Lion runs across the trail just in front of me....Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!
That's damn cool!

I would pay good money to see those two animals just going about their business in the wild.
motosmith
12/29/2014 12:50pm
Trail riding in AZ and took a massive digger through brush and cactus. Two days later my stomach was itching. I pulled a two inch cactus spine out of my gut. It was buried sideways so it didn't puncture my stomach.
moore433
12/29/2014 1:04pm
Old-Man wrote:
Rode up on some skunks...you know the rest of the story
I think this story stinks!!! Lol :-)

Post a reply to: Strange things you have seen whilst out riding

The Latest