Stolen Bikes

Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2014 11:46am
I don't know this kid, but he is about the same age and bike size as my son. Last thing I would want to have to explain to my kid..Apparently a KTM65 and 85 were stolen from his garage in Menifee (Riverside County?) From his instagram... Hey everyone please be on the lookout for two bikes. My 85 ( ktm ) and 65 ( ktm ) were both stolen right out of my garage. If you see them go to @bradenherr223 page and contact the number. Thank you." class="img-fluid" />..
|
Cygnus
8/15/2014 11:03am
That sucks. Hope they find them before they are trashed or parted out on eBay.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
8/15/2014 11:09am
Whats up with all the stolen bikes lately?!?!?
not only that...seems like it's always a 65 or 85..........

The Shop

JA946
8/15/2014 11:52am
I say this in every thread, and today it really rings through. Did they have insurance?

MY CRF when I owned or, CR that I have now disappear, I literally give zero fucks. I'll just call insurance and make a claim, go buy a new bike, and not worry.

Right now, my insurance is $14 a month for theft/fire.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
8/15/2014 11:59am
JA946 wrote:
I say this in every thread, and today it really rings through. Did they have insurance? MY CRF when I owned or, CR that I have...
I say this in every thread, and today it really rings through. Did they have insurance?

MY CRF when I owned or, CR that I have now disappear, I literally give zero fucks. I'll just call insurance and make a claim, go buy a new bike, and not worry.

Right now, my insurance is $14 a month for theft/fire.
Obviously you have never had to make a claim. Insurance is like paying two or three times to gamble. You never know how they are going to pay out, yet you pay them every single month. I work with homeowners and insurance companies on a daily basis. So many people end up getting fucked out of the coverage they are paying so dearly for its not even funny. Insurance companies are the biggest thieves of them all!
JA946
8/15/2014 12:02pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Obviously you have never had to make a claim. Insurance is like paying two or three times to gamble. You never know how they are going...
Obviously you have never had to make a claim. Insurance is like paying two or three times to gamble. You never know how they are going to pay out, yet you pay them every single month. I work with homeowners and insurance companies on a daily basis. So many people end up getting fucked out of the coverage they are paying so dearly for its not even funny. Insurance companies are the biggest thieves of them all!
I've made a stolen motorcycle claim before.

I crashed at a chick's apartment and left my Daytona 675 sitting outside.

In the morning, it was gone.

Progressive paid me 2 days later.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
8/15/2014 12:29pm
In order for people to stop stealing bikes, we as a society need to quit BUYING stolen bikes. I have no doubt in my mind that EBay and Craigslist have a huge role to play in stolen items over the last 10 years. Every person who buys a bike on craigslist for a smokin deal is contributing to the problem.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
8/15/2014 2:15pm
hartebreak wrote:
In order for people to stop stealing bikes, we as a society need to quit BUYING stolen bikes. I have no doubt in my mind that...
In order for people to stop stealing bikes, we as a society need to quit BUYING stolen bikes. I have no doubt in my mind that EBay and Craigslist have a huge role to play in stolen items over the last 10 years. Every person who buys a bike on craigslist for a smokin deal is contributing to the problem.
You painted with way too broad of a brush there.
I won't disagree that there are scumbags selling bikes and bike parts on CL and eBay, but to suggest that getting a great deal on a bike means it's stolen is simply wrong. I buy and sell bike and bike parts all the time with zero stolen bike issues- getting a title tends to alleviate those concerns.
4stroke4DWIN
8/15/2014 2:30pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Obviously you have never had to make a claim. Insurance is like paying two or three times to gamble. You never know how they are going...
JA946 wrote:
I've made a stolen motorcycle claim before. I crashed at a chick's apartment and left my Daytona 675 sitting outside. In the morning, it was gone...

That's a street bike, little different.

This is a quote from GEICO about a guys bike that was insured and then stolen.
" €œWe consider anyone who uses their vehicle for racing as voluntarily taking an obvious risk. This type of activity is contrary to our conservative underwriting guidelines and is inconsistent with our business and economic purpose."

'
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
8/15/2014 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2014 3:28pm
I agree, there are legit good deals on CL. But you know as well as I do that CL is a massive clearing house for stolen items. My point is, if someone buys something that they think/know is stolen, then shame on them. They are enabling the thieves.
ChrisB10
8/15/2014 3:33pm
Whats up with all the stolen bikes lately?!?!?
stealing bikes isn't a new fad maybe it just seems that way because people are now posting it online in hopes of catching the person.
JA946
8/15/2014 4:39pm
jhansen510 wrote:
JA946 wrote:
I've made a stolen motorcycle claim before. I crashed at a chick's apartment and left my Daytona 675 sitting outside. In the morning, it was gone...

That's a street bike, little different. This is a quote from GEICO about a guys bike that was insured and then stolen. " €œWe consider anyone...

" €œWe consider anyone who uses their vehicle for racing as voluntarily taking an obvious risk. This type of activity is contrary to our conservative underwriting guidelines and is inconsistent with our business and economic purpose."

'
I road raced the shit out of that triumph, and when it was stolen it didn't have headlights and was in a worn out set of slicks.

Doesn't change the fact some jackass stole it.

Insider347
8/15/2014 6:10pm
Was your street bike registered - licensed? Don't be so sure your $14 a month is gonna cover you for a new bike.
Bullshit or more bikes would be mysteriously stolen when it's time for a new. Follow harrowguys advice.
8/15/2014 11:00pm
It sounds like Menifee is the stolen bike capitol of So Cal. makes me glad I left.
I live in menifee and thats the first time I heard anything of it. And this sucks, Hunters a good kid, I expect to see him do well. He has a fun track in his backyard too.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
9/2/2014 6:53am
He has updated via instagram that they found the bikes and they have been returned. Good news for once!
jeffro503
9/2/2014 7:07am
jhansen510 wrote:
JA946 wrote:

That's a street bike, little different. This is a quote from GEICO about a guys bike that was insured and then stolen. " €œWe consider anyone...

'
Oh my God. I can't believe an insurance Co would just out right say that. It's like they are saying " Well you ride / race a dirt bike....you're not worth our time and we probably won't pay you ". That's really a shitty response from an insurance Co.
Mouse153
9/2/2014 7:32am
Don't ever tell your insurance company they were race bikes. Just tell them they were dirt bikes and you and your family use them for "riding on the weekends".

It sucks but that's the way it is.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
9/2/2014 7:55am
Mr. Ted wrote:
He has updated via instagram that they found the bikes and they have been returned. Good news for once!
so...whats the story?
tprice07
9/2/2014 11:46am
Mr. Ted wrote:
I don't know this kid, but he is about the same age and bike size as my son. Last thing I would want to have to...
I don't know this kid, but he is about the same age and bike size as my son. Last thing I would want to have to explain to my kid..Apparently a KTM65 and 85 were stolen from his garage in Menifee (Riverside County?) From his instagram... Hey everyone please be on the lookout for two bikes. My 85 ( ktm ) and 65 ( ktm ) were both stolen right out of my garage. If you see them go to @bradenherr223 page and contact the number. Thank you." class="img-fluid" />..
Is that DM 18's bike in the background?

Post a reply to: Stolen Bikes

The Latest