Stewart's lap time

Mr. G
Edited Date/Time 3/26/2014 10:44am
I know the they were having technical difficulties but does anyone know what Stewarts lap times were when he was coming through the pack ( a la Hannah but both feet on the pegs)?
|
Mr. G
3/25/2014 1:27am
Thank you.
nytsmaC
3/25/2014 1:24pm
Barcia turned just as fast of a lap time as Stewart, both of their bests were on lap 6. How did that happen? He rode great, but on TV it looked like like nobody was even close.

The Shop

DanDunes818
3/25/2014 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2014 3:20pm
When we did the graphs, and seeing how much smoother JS7 was over Barcia, I was surprised Barcia's fastest lap was so close to James'. Justin must of been killing it everywhere else other than the two rhythm sections. Overall, though, James' average lap-time was almost a 1/2 sec faster than Barcia.
RandyS
3/25/2014 1:37pm
It always amazes me peoples perception of the fastest rider. Emig and KW went on about how it was one of the greatest rides of all time. No doubt, Stewart was on another level while everyone struggled, he killed them but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner. I want to believe that Reed was so much faster than everyone at A2 but he wasn't, it was just his night and it certainly was a surprise because it hadn't been his night in a long time. It hasn't been this even since long before MC started winning.
2thefront
3/25/2014 1:55pm
S.Loyer wrote:
When we did the graphs, and seeing how much smoother JS7 was over Barcia, I was surprised Barcia's fastest lap was so close to James'. Justin...
When we did the graphs, and seeing how much smoother JS7 was over Barcia, I was surprised Barcia's fastest lap was so close to James'. Justin must of been killing it everywhere else other than the two rhythm sections. Overall, though, James' average lap-time was almost a 1/2 sec faster than Barcia.
Barcia kept screwing up the long rhythm lane. Very inconsistent.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/25/2014 2:02pm
RandyS wrote:
It always amazes me peoples perception of the fastest rider. Emig and KW went on about how it was one of the greatest rides of all...
It always amazes me peoples perception of the fastest rider. Emig and KW went on about how it was one of the greatest rides of all time. No doubt, Stewart was on another level while everyone struggled, he killed them but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner. I want to believe that Reed was so much faster than everyone at A2 but he wasn't, it was just his night and it certainly was a surprise because it hadn't been his night in a long time. It hasn't been this even since long before MC started winning.
"but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner."

Who this year has gone from 15th to 1st in 15 laps?

"because it hadn't been his night in a long time."

He has won 4 of the last 7 races and he just won his second race in a row for the second time this year.
theToothPerry
3/25/2014 2:05pm
RandyS wrote:
It always amazes me peoples perception of the fastest rider. Emig and KW went on about how it was one of the greatest rides of all...
Park Boys wrote:
"but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner." Who this year has gone from 15th to 1st in 15 laps...
"but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner."

He has won 4 of the last 7 races and he just won his second race in a row for the second time this year.
thank you. haha
RandyS
3/25/2014 2:15pm
RandyS wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
"but he wasn't really anything that we haven't seen all year from every winner." Who this year has gone from 15th to 1st in 15 laps...

What part of he killed them didn't make sense?. You see what you want to see. "because it hadn't been his night in a long time." is talking about Reed. Stewart went from about 2 short straightaways back at the end of lap 1 to a few seconds on Barcia at the end, you only need a few seconds for a safe lead so I'll guess that Stewart backed it down a bit. Stewart has had more dominating wins in the past, probably against a less stacked field but who knows. Impressive win, absolutely. One of the greatest rides of all time, I'll say that Emig and KW got caught up in the moment and say not even close. I don't remember every race from every year, the greatest ride of all time may well have been Stewart at some point, I don't see last Saturday as being it.
Dezerted
3/25/2014 2:17pm
RandyS wrote:
How is having the fastest lap in more then half the laps and finishing first not considered being the fastest that night?Huh
RandyS
3/25/2014 2:20pm
RandyS wrote:
Dezerted wrote:
How is having the fastest lap in more then half the laps and finishing first not considered being the fastest that night?Huh
Huh????????????????
Dezerted
3/25/2014 2:22pm
Reed was much faster then everyone at A2 as was James in Toronto. Smile
RandyS
3/25/2014 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2014 2:38pm
Dezerted wrote:
Reeds fast lap at A2 was actually far more dominant than Stewarts fastest lap at Toronto was, but if I said that the response would be as you'll see below. Stewarts average was about .45 better than the next closest, Reeds was about half that. Both were awesome rides. Greatest ever? Neither. I actually think Reeds and Stewarts greatest wins have been against RC.
Agfracing
3/25/2014 2:46pm
I was sitting in the rhythm section two turns after the finish line. Stewart was doubling in then tripling and quaking the next four. Barcia tried it a few times and didn't get it. Also, the straight one turn after everyone was hitting the rhythm and doubling out, barcia was wheeling through it and tripling out. Stewart carried enough speed to jump the entire rhythm section and triple pout as well. It was incredible to watch. Stewart and barcia were even on the rest of the track.
IceMan446
3/25/2014 3:10pm
RandyS wrote:
Reeds fast lap at A2 was actually far more dominant than Stewarts fastest lap at Toronto was, but if I said that the response would be...
Reeds fast lap at A2 was actually far more dominant than Stewarts fastest lap at Toronto was, but if I said that the response would be as you'll see below. Stewarts average was about .45 better than the next closest, Reeds was about half that. Both were awesome rides. Greatest ever? Neither. I actually think Reeds and Stewarts greatest wins have been against RC.
I disagree.

Look when Reeds fast lap happened and when James had his fast lap.

James also came from way further back than Reed had to at A2.
DanDunes818
3/25/2014 3:15pm
Here's the top-ten lap times pulled from MotoXAddicts' Lap Time Graph post.

While Stewy wasn't way faster for just a lap, in the middle of the main, when the rhythm section was getting torn up with ruts, Stewart was running 51's and low 52's. Barcia, Roczen, Braytonand Dungey were running high 52's, 53's, 54's and nothing consistent. Stewart's first lap time over 52 was on lap 15 when he was dogging Barcia, but then he dipped right back down to low 52's. He had a perfect rhythm and almost looked like he could close his eyes and run 51-52 all day long. The Toronto track was by far the hardest track of the year to be consistent on, except if your name was James Stewart.
Juss
3/25/2014 3:17pm
RandyS wrote:
Park Boys wrote:

RandyS wrote:
What part of he killed them didn't make sense?. You see what you want to see. "because it hadn't been his night in a long time."...
What part of he killed them didn't make sense?. You see what you want to see. "because it hadn't been his night in a long time." is talking about Reed. Stewart went from about 2 short straightaways back at the end of lap 1 to a few seconds on Barcia at the end, you only need a few seconds for a safe lead so I'll guess that Stewart backed it down a bit. Stewart has had more dominating wins in the past, probably against a less stacked field but who knows. Impressive win, absolutely. One of the greatest rides of all time, I'll say that Emig and KW got caught up in the moment and say not even close. I don't remember every race from every year, the greatest ride of all time may well have been Stewart at some point, I don't see last Saturday as being it.
I'm sure your opinion out weighs Emig's & Kdub's. Your pretty full of shit!
Juss
3/25/2014 3:24pm
Dezerted wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Reeds fast lap at A2 was actually far more dominant than Stewarts fastest lap at Toronto was, but if I said that the response would be...
Dude get real. Were you even at A2? I was and yes Reed looked good, but he was not doing any thing out of the ordinary! I'm an RV fan, but I can admit when another rider just flat killed it. Also RD was going outside after the whoops and jumping that triple. Reed just didn't crash doing it. Had RD not crashed I don't think Reed would of had time to run RD down!
RandyS
3/25/2014 3:25pm
Park Boys wrote:

RandyS wrote:
What part of he killed them didn't make sense?. You see what you want to see. "because it hadn't been his night in a long time."...
Juss wrote:
I'm sure your opinion out weighs Emig's & Kdub's. Your pretty full of shit!
opin·ion
noun \ə-ˈpin-yən\

: a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing
RandyS
3/25/2014 3:45pm
Dezerted wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Juss wrote:
Dude get real. Were you even at A2? I was and yes Reed looked good, but he was not doing any thing out of the ordinary...
Dude get real. Were you even at A2? I was and yes Reed looked good, but he was not doing any thing out of the ordinary! I'm an RV fan, but I can admit when another rider just flat killed it. Also RD was going outside after the whoops and jumping that triple. Reed just didn't crash doing it. Had RD not crashed I don't think Reed would of had time to run RD down!
Toronto
Stewart 50.913
Barcia 50.946

Difference.0006481%

A2
Reed 51.882
Dungey 52.038

Difference .0030068%

.0030068>.0006481 Reeds fastest lap at A2 was 464% more dominant over second than Stewarts at Toronto, exactly what I said. Stewarts average over 2nd at Toronto was about twice what Reeds average over 2nd was at A2, exactly what I said. Go back to the rest of my posts on this thread and tell me again what I didn't admit.
Dezerted
3/25/2014 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2014 3:53pm
These are 20 lap races right? James was faster then everyone in Toronto by a decent margin, maybe not on one single lap but over the entirety? Yes.

2 posts in one day! I think its time I take a break for awhile..
Crush
3/25/2014 3:55pm
After watching that race I'd never have thought James' best was only marginally better than the next best time. Visually it looked way different.

Consistency and when those fast laps in the race is the thing tho....
RandyS
3/25/2014 4:28pm
Crush wrote:
After watching that race I'd never have thought James' best was only marginally better than the next best time. Visually it looked way different. Consistency and...
After watching that race I'd never have thought James' best was only marginally better than the next best time. Visually it looked way different.

Consistency and when those fast laps in the race is the thing tho....
James has always been perceived as unbelievably faster when in reality many times it was almost nothing or he was even slower. He just looks faster, if he wins he got the job done, you only have to win by .001 seconds. But when you point out facts the rabid Stewart fans come out of the woodwork. James Stewart is one of the best Supercrossers ever, not the best ever, one of the best ever. So is Reed, so is RC, Johnson, .......I think MC will always be thought of as the King because he made the biggest advancement in the sport to date.
Crush
3/25/2014 4:31pm
RandyS wrote:
James has always been perceived as unbelievably faster when in reality many times it was almost nothing or he was even slower. He just looks faster...
James has always been perceived as unbelievably faster when in reality many times it was almost nothing or he was even slower. He just looks faster, if he wins he got the job done, you only have to win by .001 seconds. But when you point out facts the rabid Stewart fans come out of the woodwork. James Stewart is one of the best Supercrossers ever, not the best ever, one of the best ever. So is Reed, so is RC, Johnson, .......I think MC will always be thought of as the King because he made the biggest advancement in the sport to date.
I'm not going to comment on rabid Stewart fans.

I'll get called a Reed nuthugger. Or some such shit.
P
3/25/2014 4:38pm
RandyS wrote:
Prove it.

P
Mr. G
3/25/2014 4:44pm
That night was a great example of what Stewart is capable of when he is on. It is on another level. Randy S didn't answer the question but there hasn't been anyone that has come from 15th to finish with a big gap. At least not in recent history. McGrath probably could have achieved bigger gaps but he always and smartly stayed just ahead. It was both boring and cool.
Juss
3/25/2014 4:45pm
RandyS wrote:
Juss wrote:
Dude get real. Were you even at A2? I was and yes Reed looked good, but he was not doing any thing out of the ordinary...
RandyS wrote:
Toronto Stewart 50.913 Barcia 50.946 Difference.0006481% A2 Reed 51.882 Dungey 52.038 Difference .0030068% .0030068>.0006481 Reeds fastest lap at A2 was 464% more dominant over second than...
Toronto
Stewart 50.913
Barcia 50.946

Difference.0006481%

A2
Reed 51.882
Dungey 52.038

Difference .0030068%

.0030068>.0006481 Reeds fastest lap at A2 was 464% more dominant over second than Stewarts at Toronto, exactly what I said. Stewarts average over 2nd at Toronto was about twice what Reeds average over 2nd was at A2, exactly what I said. Go back to the rest of my posts on this thread and tell me again what I didn't admit.
Its not about the lap times. Its about the ride. Why did it take Reed till like lap 18 to get the lead, from a way better start? Stewart did it further back in less laps. I understand your not a big fan of Stewart, but come on man how could you even try and compare the 2 races? Lord blinders!
P
3/25/2014 4:48pm
RandyS wrote:
Park Boys wrote:

RandyS wrote:
So you're saying that KW and Emig don't know shit?

P
Crush
3/25/2014 4:49pm
Juss wrote:
Its not about the lap times. Its about the ride. Why did it take Reed till like lap 18 to get the lead, from a way...
Its not about the lap times. Its about the ride. Why did it take Reed till like lap 18 to get the lead, from a way better start? Stewart did it further back in less laps. I understand your not a big fan of Stewart, but come on man how could you even try and compare the 2 races? Lord blinders!
I will say I've seen Reed win a bunch of races like that. He bides his time and waits till it's go time, then steps it up.

Post a reply to: Stewart's lap time

The Latest