Stewart on his 8th place finish

Edited Date/Time 3/11/2013 9:24am
Says he was running in the 1:18's during the day and decided to change his front tire for the main event. Isn't there enough data on tire selection already known by factory team mechanics where somebody on Team Suzuki would mention to James that changing tire compounds or tread patterns might not be a good idea for a rider to decide?
|
YZach
3/10/2013 4:39pm
Typical Stewart - full of excuses.
flarider
3/10/2013 4:41pm
YZach wrote:
So facts are excuses?
Do you have any idea how many tire options the top guys have with prototype tires?
Frank
3/10/2013 4:43pm
Hell at that level a different brand of underware is worth a few tenths per lap.
SMITH201
3/10/2013 4:45pm
He can blame the tire or anything else all he wants. He did nothing wrong. He was just being aggressive and the rut was soft and blew out. Could have happened to anybody. Shit happens James.

The Shop

sc961
3/10/2013 4:50pm
If we want "inside" information from the riders, we might take it for what it is.
Each of those guys will do anything possible for a fraction of a second faster lap time.
Octane
3/10/2013 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2013 4:55pm
SMITH201 wrote:
He can blame the tire or anything else all he wants. He did nothing wrong. He was just being aggressive and the rut was soft and...
He can blame the tire or anything else all he wants. He did nothing wrong. He was just being aggressive and the rut was soft and blew out. Could have happened to anybody. Shit happens James.
Were you out there riding?? I think he would know best if he made the wrong choice in tire selection. The little tip over in the rut was not that big a deal. He could have easily gotten back into the groove of things and turned it up a bit just as Chad did and Chad's get off was even worse. But I knew something was a bit off with James last night. It looked like he was just cruising just to get through the night.
davistld01
3/10/2013 4:56pm
YZach wrote:
How long did it take for you to think before you typed this masterpiece?Pinch

Fact is, Stewart has made less excuses about his failures than practically any other rider. He's been the first to say he sucked when he sucked. This time he simply chose a berm he'd probably used lap after lap, and this lap it chose to blow out. Would the tire he ran before have saved him...who knows?
Overdrive
3/10/2013 5:15pm
Crappy night for him, I think he would have been able to pull up on RV if he didn't have the wash out. He was running good but he seemed to just give up after that where as Reed kept charging after falling. I was impressed with Reeds never say die charges.
mx317
3/10/2013 6:01pm
I wish I could get 8th at the Daytona SX on a bad night.
Trent179
3/10/2013 6:11pm
That was James's most timid run at Daytona ever. Every other year is either spectacular speed or huge get offs. James tells it like it is lately, I believe him on the tire. Easy to forget that the dude tore his acl a couple months ago also. Sure seems like it'd be easy to twist on a deeply rutted out track like that.
Husqerdo
3/10/2013 6:37pm
YZach wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
How long did it take for you to think before you typed this masterpiece?:pinch: Fact is, Stewart has made less excuses about his failures than practically...

Fact is, Stewart has made less excuses about his failures than practically any other rider. He's been the first to say he sucked when he sucked. This time he simply chose a berm he'd probably used lap after lap, and this lap it chose to blow out. Would the tire he ran before have saved him...who knows?
I agree davis, to say Stewart makes excuses is ridiculous, the guy gives his all, talks from the heart. Respect the guy.
fader418
3/10/2013 6:53pm
I like the new James. Seems like he is really humble now. Should be some good battles in the upcoming races....
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
3/10/2013 7:19pm
fader418 wrote:
I like the new James. Seems like he is really humble now. Should be some good battles in the upcoming races....
i like the old James, he should bring the sprinkler back
jtomasik
3/10/2013 7:26pm
Trent179 wrote:
That was James's most timid run at Daytona ever. Every other year is either spectacular speed or huge get offs. James tells it like it is...
That was James's most timid run at Daytona ever. Every other year is either spectacular speed or huge get offs. James tells it like it is lately, I believe him on the tire. Easy to forget that the dude tore his acl a couple months ago also. Sure seems like it'd be easy to twist on a deeply rutted out track like that.
I was wondering how Stew was going to go after Daytona. He's gone down hard there several times. I could imagine him being spooked a bit. I kinda think that's what's still eating at Reed. He made a bit of a charge last year, but after that huge get-off at Millville, he just hasn't seemed the same.
Tbteam
3/10/2013 7:45pm
I'm a fan. I have to say though, sitting there watching JS all night, I've never seen him just mail it in after a tip over like he did Saturday. It was strange to see him just riding around and letting Chad blow past him.

The old James would have been running 1:17's trying to get back to the leader.
MotoTones
3/10/2013 7:46pm
Surprised they would change after doing so good up to the main event.
jeffro503
3/10/2013 7:52pm
ocscottie wrote:
I sure do dig how strait up and honest he's been. His interviews have totally changed in the way he speaks and everything over this past 1-1/2 yrs. I find myself rooting for him more and more every week.. There were some years where I just couldn't stand listening to the guy talk.....like nails on a chalk board. He's made a complete 180 degree turn around ( in my eye's ).....and it's been cool to listen to him. Hope he gets some really strong finishes through the rest of the SX season.....and I REALLY can't wait to see him back in the outdoors again.!
peelout
3/10/2013 8:03pm
YZach wrote:
flarider wrote:
So facts are excuses?
Do you have any idea how many tire options the top guys have with prototype tires?
How many turds say Reed is whining when he tells what the problem is? How is Stewart any different..

Whatever the problem was, Stewart was way off the complete race pace.
tvo314
3/10/2013 8:07pm
YZach wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
How long did it take for you to think before you typed this masterpiece?:pinch: Fact is, Stewart has made less excuses about his failures than practically...

Husqerdo wrote:
I agree davis, to say Stewart makes excuses is ridiculous, the guy gives his all, talks from the heart. Respect the guy.
davis is right. I never thought of Stewart as one to make up excuses. And recently he's been extra open about things, so why not appreciate it for what it's worth?
Cook441
3/10/2013 8:15pm
ocscottie wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I sure do dig how strait up and honest he's been. His interviews have totally changed in the way he speaks and everything over this past...
I sure do dig how strait up and honest he's been. His interviews have totally changed in the way he speaks and everything over this past 1-1/2 yrs. I find myself rooting for him more and more every week.. There were some years where I just couldn't stand listening to the guy talk.....like nails on a chalk board. He's made a complete 180 degree turn around ( in my eye's ).....and it's been cool to listen to him. Hope he gets some really strong finishes through the rest of the SX season.....and I REALLY can't wait to see him back in the outdoors again.!
my thoughts exactly!!!!!
SEE ARE125
3/10/2013 8:21pm
MotoTones wrote:
Surprised they would change after doing so good up to the main event.
I'm guessing Stew took a gamble, rolled the dice on a different front tire looking for an advantage on the track, knowing the track was changing and that it was gonna get gnarly. And like any gamble, you win some and you lose some. Unfortunately he lost. At that level, seems it's no matter how small the change, whether it's in the right or wrong direction, it'll determine your whole race.
ocscottie
3/10/2013 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2013 8:26pm
Tbteam wrote:
I'm a fan. I have to say though, sitting there watching JS all night, I've never seen him just mail it in after a tip over...
I'm a fan. I have to say though, sitting there watching JS all night, I've never seen him just mail it in after a tip over like he did Saturday. It was strange to see him just riding around and letting Chad blow past him.

The old James would have been running 1:17's trying to get back to the leader.
I was sorta baffled by that also Mark, saw him behind Kenny...and was figuring that was another place Kenny would drop...but then once i saw the above vid of James explanation, it made a lot more sense. You just cant ride on that edge when the setup is that far off, maybe the "old James" would have? and we have seen how some of those situations turned out.

Jeff: "...and I REALLY can't wait to see him back in the outdoors again.!"

You arent alone there brutha!!
BD233
3/10/2013 8:31pm
YZach wrote:
davistld01 wrote:

^^ These are the facts^^
oshow
3/10/2013 8:37pm
fader418 wrote:
Stoop wrote:
And the 125
3/10/2013 9:45pm
fader418 wrote:
Stoop wrote:
oshow wrote:
And the 125
And the 259

But in all seriousness, reedy and bubba take way too much shit for just being honest. Fucking lame.
fader418
3/10/2013 10:05pm
fader418 wrote:
Stoop wrote:
Haha...I miss the old James speed thats for sure. But as a person he has changed for the better...
Husqerdo
3/10/2013 10:18pm
YZach wrote:
flarider wrote:
So facts are excuses?
peelout wrote:
How many turds say Reed is whining when he tells what the problem is? How is Stewart any different.. Whatever the problem was, Stewart was way...
How many turds say Reed is whining when he tells what the problem is? How is Stewart any different..

Whatever the problem was, Stewart was way off the complete race pace.
How many Reed fans whine about other fans calling Reed a whiner then whine about other riders whining ? Neither Stewart or Reed are "whiners" people who call them that just don't like them so who gives a sh*t.
kongols
3/10/2013 10:42pm
Yup, he stunk a little.I think his fitness wasn`t good enough for a track like Daytona. That`s what you get for not being able to train properly.

Post a reply to: Stewart on his 8th place finish

The Latest