Fantasy
1623rd
Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 5:23pm
|
Xeno
6/24/2014 3:52pm
This is exactly what I expected.

From MX Sports:

“At this stage in the results management process, the decision to compete at a National level remains with the athlete, FIM and WADA, as MX Sports Pro Racing is not a Signatory to the WADA Code and does not have the authority to impose a provisional suspension. Our sanctioning body, AMA Pro Racing, has indicated that it will not restrict Stewart from competing in the upcoming Tennessee National and will reevaluate its position pending the final decision of the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI). If this position changes we will be notified accordingly. Until then, Mr. Stewart is free to compete without restriction."
dirthead1
6/24/2014 3:55pm
We already knew this. The suspension from FIM doesn't start until June 30th anyway.
smeg
6/24/2014 3:56pm
Sweet........ Happy for JS.

.....and to MX Sport......... a big fucking KUDOS for explaining how the decision was made.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/24/2014 3:57pm
Well good, back to business.
smeg
6/24/2014 4:01pm
That doesn't mean that the FIM has cleared him to race.
True but.........................

will reevaluate its position pending the final decision of the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI)

I wouldn't think the final decision from the CDI would come this week, but who knows?
Ing
6/24/2014 4:02pm
Yea, let him race. What's a failed drug test anyway.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/24/2014 4:02pm
dirthead1 wrote:
We already knew this. The suspension from FIM doesn't start until June 30th anyway.
Believe the announcement said effective June 20.

It would have been better IMO for all to gave worked it out, but I think this us the better result , and will be obvious as such when the facts come out ( or not maybe)

But the deal is a tough enough to crack without dropping in the question of whether the FIM has any authority over this series, which is a boatload of monkeys all by itself.
daemon616
6/24/2014 4:03pm
I wonder if they'll bring any of this stuff up on the broadcast at all.
6/24/2014 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 4:10pm
We should also keep in mind that the FIM may have the ability to compel James not to compete this weekend.

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/CMI_2012/2013/6…

10.10 No Rider or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in an event or activity (other than authorized anti doping education or rehabilitation programs) authorized or organized by FIM or any FMN or a club or other member Organisation of FIM or any FMN, or in Competitions authorized or organized by any professional league or any international or national level event organisation.

Does a provisional suspension equal ineligibility?
Flip109
6/24/2014 4:14pm
So if his piss has the same shit from Lakewood then what? Better get that TUE! Pronto! lol well the results won't be in till after the season anyway so who cares

Glad he's still racing!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/24/2014 4:30pm
TripleFive wrote:
We should also keep in mind that the FIM [i]may[/i] have the ability to compel James not to compete this weekend. http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/CMI_2012/2013/6572010_eng__final.pdf [i]10.10 No Rider or...
We should also keep in mind that the FIM may have the ability to compel James not to compete this weekend.

10.10 No Rider or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in an event or activity (other than authorized anti doping education or rehabilitation programs) authorized or organized by FIM or any FMN or a club or other member Organisation of FIM or any FMN, or in Competitions authorized or organized by any professional league or any international or national level event organisation.

I think this is more like the Army's maxim: I can't make you do something, but I can make you wish you had.

jeffro503
6/24/2014 4:33pm
Good news! I'm sure James will keep his nose clean until the Fim / Mx sports / AMA or whoever finds a ruling for him for the SX season. Until then.....please let that dude race the remaining rounds of the MX series. Let this shit get settled between the end of the MX series and the start of the 15' SX series.
blaney372
TripleFive wrote:
We should also keep in mind that the FIM [i]may[/i] have the ability to compel James not to compete this weekend. http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/CMI_2012/2013/6572010_eng__final.pdf [i]10.10 No Rider or...

interesting to note for sure... I'm sure they're doing they're homework though. if not, shame on them. let's just sit back and watch the dust settle.

and watch james obliterate the field on saturday. make it rain yellow bitches!!
MotoX85
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Leave the Guy alone and let him race!
I agree just let him race but give all his competitors a free slip to use whatever PEDs they want so they can compete on an EVEN level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough.

Joke once again. Lets have rules but not enforce them................very smart. You have just opened the door for anyone else to use them.
dirthead1
dirthead1 wrote:
Believe the announcement said effective June 20. It would have been better IMO for all to gave worked it out, but I think this us the...
Believe the announcement said effective June 20.

It would have been better IMO for all to gave worked it out, but I think this us the better result , and will be obvious as such when the facts come out ( or not maybe)

But the deal is a tough enough to crack without dropping in the question of whether the FIM has any authority over this series, which is a boatload of monkeys all by itself.
jeffro503
6/24/2014 4:35pm
TripleFive wrote:

I think this is more like the Army's maxim: I can't make you do something, but I can make you wish you had.

I don't understand the wording on that FTE......what does that mean?
davistld01
6/24/2014 4:38pm
Ing wrote:
Yea, let him race. What's a failed drug test anyway.
So, screw the racing...the important thing is to watch him burn, right? Dick.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/24/2014 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 4:39pm
TripleFive wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
I think Michael is saying that although the FIM and MX Sports/Ama Pro Racing aren't affiliated for the outdoors, if James were to go against the FIM suspension and race Muddy Creek, there would be a "price to pay" later.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/24/2014 4:44pm

jeffro503 wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
I think Michael is saying that although the FIM and MX Sports/Ama Pro Racing aren't affiliated for the outdoors, if James were to go against the...
I think Michael is saying that although the FIM and MX Sports/Ama Pro Racing aren't affiliated for the outdoors, if James were to go against the FIM suspension and race Muddy Creek, there would be a "price to pay" later.
Yup. I don't see the FIM trying to get or having much chance of succeeding at getting an injunction to stop him from racing.
MotoX85
6/24/2014 4:47pm
This can only be seen as great news for the sport of motocross.
....That they ignore their own rules, go against what every other professional sport is doing and are basically being controlled by big business....................yea, I can see where it goes well for mx.

If we want to be considered the WWE of motorsports, fake and full of shit.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/24/2014 4:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
I think Michael is saying that although the FIM and MX Sports/Ama Pro Racing aren't affiliated for the outdoors, if James were to go against the...
Yup. I don't see the FIM trying to get or having much chance of succeeding at getting an injunction to stop him from racing.
Yeah, I really don't think it is going to happen.
Big Lenny
6/24/2014 4:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 4:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I would say it means that someone accuses you of something so bad you'd wish you'd done it, like if your girl says you cheated on her but you know you didn't..but she accuses you so much you'd wish you had...In other words make shit miserable for you...
jeffro503
6/24/2014 4:53pm
avidchimp wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
Yeah, I really don't think it is going to happen.
OK....got it. But what do you guys mean by " Paying the price later " ? Like adding more suspension time to the SX series if found guilty? Or bringing a bigger dollar amount in fines if he keeps racing?

What I'm saying is.....if the FIM can't control if James races the nationals......how can they give him more grief in the SX series?
Big Lenny
6/24/2014 4:53pm
This can only be seen as great news for the sport of motocross.
MotoX85 wrote:
....That they ignore their own rules, go against what every other professional sport is doing and are basically being controlled by big business....................yea, I can see...
....That they ignore their own rules, go against what every other professional sport is doing and are basically being controlled by big business....................yea, I can see where it goes well for mx.

If we want to be considered the WWE of motorsports, fake and full of shit.
That's a billion dollar business...
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/24/2014 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2014 4:56pm
From Davey's intro on Racerhead last week:

"Regardless, the FIM issued an announcement this morning that James Stewart is "provisionally suspended with effect from June 20 until further notice." Which takes us to this: The FIM-sanctioned series is over. It ended the first weekend in May. It's now late June and the AMA Pro Racing-sanctioned series is at full steam. Stewart is ranked third, 20 points behind Red Bull KTM's Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey. Stewart's team announced that he is "willingly communicating with WADA and taking all appropriate steps to resolve this matter and plans to be at the starting gate at the Tennessee National in Blountville, TN on June 28." "

This leads me to believe that Davey and MX Sports (rightfully so) do not necessarily feel they have to follow the FIM's guidance or direction in any way, shape or form.

As for me, honoring the FIM's suspension would be kind of like Ford suspending an employee because Toyota said they had to. Now, if MX Sports and AMA Pro Racing wish to hold all their riders accountable to another organization's rules, then so be it.

Post a reply to: Stewart not barred from racing this weekend

The Latest