Stewart in a KTM / HONDA bidding war

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:07pm
According to this Stewart is in a bidding war between KTM and Honda...
http://moto.mpora.com/news/bidding-war-james-stewart.html
|
RussS
5/31/2010 3:30am
Nah - doubt it. Both Honda and KTM would want a rider that actually races real motocross Tongue
Crush
5/31/2010 3:48am
Didn't Brooks just say in an interview he'd come to terms with Stewart?!?! And they had a long running relationship with Yamaha...

Who knows...

Prolly not a better way to debut the 350 in Sx than with James at the helm!
ando
5/31/2010 4:09am
In GuyB's latest interview James (earlier this week) said he was still a free agent, although he seemed to kybosh any KTM rumours, but who knows?

The Shop

`ol Ger
5/31/2010 4:14am
Don't do it, Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen.

Hanaa80
5/31/2010 5:00am
I wonder which team Redbull will support more.
vschaik141
5/31/2010 5:03am
KTM ofcourse...I think KTM pay wellTongue ... musquin cairoli herlings nagl alessi searle herlings consalves simpson... all champions
Gunther
5/31/2010 5:15am
all champions??? only 2 champs i see; Musquin, cairoli, ....
burnside
5/31/2010 5:17am
I've heard from legit sources that the KTM deal is a lot more legit than some of us think! Wish I could leak more info but I'd get castrated by my friend who works at a brand we all know well.
Hanaa80
5/31/2010 5:22am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:15pm
burnside wrote:
I've heard from legit sources that the KTM deal is a lot more legit than some of us think! Wish I could leak more info but...
I've heard from legit sources that the KTM deal is a lot more legit than some of us think! Wish I could leak more info but I'd get castrated by my friend who works at a brand we all know well.
Purely speculative then: Do you think L&M would still be involved, or would it be factory KTM? I wish for the latter, because then we might see JS7 outdoors also.
burnside
5/31/2010 5:41am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:15pm
burnside wrote:
I've heard from legit sources that the KTM deal is a lot more legit than some of us think! Wish I could leak more info but...
Hanaa80 wrote:
Purely speculative then: Do you think L&M would still be involved, or would it be factory KTM? I wish for the latter, because then we might...
Purely speculative then: Do you think L&M would still be involved, or would it be factory KTM? I wish for the latter, because then we might see JS7 outdoors also.
I'm not sure about that! Guess theres no reason why L&M couldn't jump boat to KTM though, plus Brookes has worked with them before. The only details I heard were about the bike colour though.
5/31/2010 5:57am
burnside wrote:
i call bullshit.
burnside
5/31/2010 6:06am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2010 6:08am
i call bullshit.
I thought the KTM thing was a bit of a fairy tale too, but apparently not. Take it or leave it! And in a couple of months one of us can say 'I told you so'.
KAWboy14
5/31/2010 6:12am
KTM and honda could "BUY" him if they want him......havent you seen bubbas world? Smile
MX479Guy
5/31/2010 6:18am
Stewart will go to whatever team offers his the most money. IMO. He'll talk well of Yamaha, but if KTM or Honda offers up the big bucks he'll jump ship pretty quickly.
WhKnuckle
5/31/2010 6:20am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2010 6:20am
KTM should sign him to an outdoor-only contract. You don't sell bikes to average motocross riders by winning SXs. Give him the ooption of a 450 or 350 at every track and he'll go 24-0 easily.
MX479Guy
5/31/2010 6:25am
WhKnuckle wrote:
KTM should sign him to an outdoor-only contract. You don't sell bikes to average motocross riders by winning SXs. Give him the ooption of a 450...
KTM should sign him to an outdoor-only contract. You don't sell bikes to average motocross riders by winning SXs. Give him the ooption of a 450 or 350 at every track and he'll go 24-0 easily.
Or he won't and he'll have a built in excuse. Unsure

James could win on a pit bike, but it would be fun to see him ring out a 350 thats lighter.
bobby397
5/31/2010 6:26am
I'm sure Alessi would go else where, tony doesnt wants his son to be the main focus.
DPW
5/31/2010 6:32am
hmmm...JS signing with KTM would defiantly prove the point that James could win on anything...

jmar
5/31/2010 6:40am
DPW wrote:
hmmm...JS signing with KTM would defiantly prove the point that James could win on anything...

I would have to respectfully disagree with that. The KTM is a very good bike, that just happens to get a bad rap here in the states.

It's like one of those stories that starts circulating and continues to go on for ever.
adamdf
5/31/2010 6:44am
MX479Guy wrote:
Stewart will go to whatever team offers his the most money. IMO. He'll talk well of Yamaha, but if KTM or Honda offers up the big...
Stewart will go to whatever team offers his the most money. IMO. He'll talk well of Yamaha, but if KTM or Honda offers up the big bucks he'll jump ship pretty quickly.
How does that saying go? Make it while you can! hard to blame him..as long as he gets the results then he can do what he wants in my book.
jmar
5/31/2010 6:51am
In all honestly, it's more about the team and their ability to get the bike set up properly to work well with the rider, not the bike it's self.
DPW
5/31/2010 6:58am
DPW wrote:

jmar wrote:
I would have to respectfully disagree with that. The KTM is a very good bike, that just happens to get a bad rap here in the...
I would have to respectfully disagree with that. The KTM is a very good bike, that just happens to get a bad rap here in the states.

It's like one of those stories that starts circulating and continues to go on for ever.
good point...KTM did the job yesterday....

just when I was getting used to seeing him on a blue bike...
IntenseRider
5/31/2010 7:04am
jmar wrote:
I would have to respectfully disagree with that. The KTM is a very good bike, that just happens to get a bad rap here in the...

You mean like when there were spider eggs in Bubble Yum?

Or when Mikey died while eating Pop Rocks and drinking a can of soda? Tongue

The whole "KTM's suck and you can't get parts" should be on Snopes.com as an urban legend.
Adam43
5/31/2010 7:21am
I think a lot of us have expected a Stewart/Honda team-up for many years. I always thought it would eventually happen.

It would certainly show Big Red's commitment to winning again, and I can't see them bowing to some SX-only deal.

KTM is making a big push, and I have no doubt that they are trying hard for Stewart. It would be a real coup for them, but they better make sure they are prepared this time.
jmar
5/31/2010 7:29am
Adam43 wrote:
I think a lot of us have expected a Stewart/Honda team-up for many years. I always thought it would eventually happen. It would certainly show Big...
I think a lot of us have expected a Stewart/Honda team-up for many years. I always thought it would eventually happen.

It would certainly show Big Red's commitment to winning again, and I can't see them bowing to some SX-only deal.

KTM is making a big push, and I have no doubt that they are trying hard for Stewart. It would be a real coup for them, but they better make sure they are prepared this time.
If Honda come to terms with James, they would be all over a supercross only deal.

I know how most don't like this, but the outdoors really does't give the same bang for the buck that supercross does when it comes to a major sponsor or OEM.

I personally think this is mostly rumor and James will be back on Yamaha's again.
Outsider
5/31/2010 7:32am
Can you imagine the bidding war for Stewart if he still raced? WOW
lilbulld
5/31/2010 7:39am
jmar wrote:

You mean like when there were spider eggs in Bubble Yum? Or when Mikey died while eating Pop Rocks and drinking a can of soda? :P...
You mean like when there were spider eggs in Bubble Yum?

Or when Mikey died while eating Pop Rocks and drinking a can of soda? Tongue

The whole "KTM's suck and you can't get parts" should be on Snopes.com as an urban legend.
I gotta agree here. It sucks, bought a new bike last year and wanted a KTM so bad but did way too much research and let all the shit talkers online change my mind, went with the honda and even though it is a good bike still, have been regretting it ever since. There are a lot more orange bikes and very loyal KTM owners out there than a lot of people think... Yes sometimes hard to get parts depending on where you are, but great bikes none the less. Wished I never would have sold my '02 SX 125, funnest bike I have ever rode
Cygnus
5/31/2010 7:42am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2010 7:42am
Killer trail machine. They do seem to be getting better with some linkage now. But the parts rumors around here seem to be true. If ? you can get them they are very proud of them.
WideOpen
5/31/2010 7:52am
Cygnus wrote:
Killer trail machine. They do seem to be getting better with some linkage now. But the parts rumors around here seem to be true. If...
Killer trail machine. They do seem to be getting better with some linkage now. But the parts rumors around here seem to be true. If ? you can get them they are very proud of them.
Killer Moto machine!!!!! Hell, Even Tony Alessi said 2 yrs ago there is nothing wrong with the lack af linkage. KTM was pure pressured into putting the dam thing on there bikes. The bike only needed riders. Mikes best season ever was on a orange bike and AC has not missed a beat since he switched. If Mike and AC were racing lasts yrs suspension they would still be winning moto's.

In the end putting the linkage on will help there sales because of guys like you that don't get it.

Post a reply to: Stewart in a KTM / HONDA bidding war

The Latest