Stewart burned out?

level
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 2:48pm
Alright, most of us have seen the first episode of Malcolm's World-um I mean Bubba's world. (Seems like they show more Malcolm and everybody else rather than Bubba).

Remember conversation he was having with his Dad that he doesn't want to race and defend his title? Of course he came out and did but it makes you wonder if he really wanted to anyways and then the crash was icing on the cake to just take a break.

To be honest I can't really blame the kid. He's had some hard crashes and has been racing since he was little. Might be time for him to breath and have a little fun but on the flip side there are consequences. He risks racing for titles, furthering his name in the sport and missing out before he gets much older and can't race as much and needs to retire.

So question is: Do you guys think Bubba is getting pretty close to being done racing or will he come back with a new found fury and unleash hell upon everybody?

P.S. Let me just add that James' Dad and Mom seem like real good people. I love the passion that his Dad has for the sport. He wants to get back out and see some racing. Mom seems real cool and the Boston Terrier under Malcolm's bed sheets was priceless. ha
|
Masonry
3/31/2010 11:16am
I think that scene was pretty scripted but the guy has done nothing but race his whole life. He probably is getting a little tired of it.
level
3/31/2010 11:17am
he didnt come out and try to defend his title
Oh yeah, my bad. Can't remember what the date was they were filming that episode?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
3/31/2010 11:18am
it was after the 09 sx title, before the 09 mx championship

The Shop

wownd out
3/31/2010 11:19am
Dont think his heart is into racing anymore, or why the hell else would someone purposly NOT defend a titile??? and i did hear him say he doesn't want to race anymore on Bubba's world.
3/31/2010 11:21am
20 yrs of racing, millions in the bank and more coming in daily, doing what he wants for a summer or 2. It's his life and so what if some internet keyboard jockeys get pissed. Not sure what title you are talking about that he defended tho???
wownd out
3/31/2010 11:23am
He should just quit then and live off of his endorsments!
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
3/31/2010 11:25am
Cliff notes on script:

1) Show the struggle the family has endured for James to reach the level of performance he has. Introduce all the family members enough for the audience to make an emotional connection to the players in one way or another.

2) Introduce contrived conflict between the two big guns of the family. Portray star as someone who is tired of the hard work and just wants to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Portray Patriarch who has sacrificed to make star a star as someone who sees what the star's newfound attitude will do to wreck everything they've worked for all these years, and will work to turn star's attitude around and get his head back in the game.

3) Show star seemingly pissing it all away partying and wasting his fortune as patriarch seems to be losing the battle to make the world right again.

4) Allow star to get himself sorted out just in time to make a glorious and triumphant comeback, while reconciling himself with the patriarch and other family members whom he seemingly nearly abandoned.

5) Repeat for season 2, albeit with different, new and improved conflict. Bold New Graphics if you will.

6) Follow family disintegration brought on by living life in a "reality" TV show.

H

PS. I hope "6" does not come to fruition, but that's the script......
Outsider
3/31/2010 11:34am
20 yrs of racing, millions in the bank and more coming in daily, doing what he wants for a summer or 2. It's his life and...
20 yrs of racing, millions in the bank and more coming in daily, doing what he wants for a summer or 2. It's his life and so what if some internet keyboard jockeys get pissed. Not sure what title you are talking about that he defended tho???
I agree... so it's cool if I say I could care less now right?

Seeing as how you just said he doesn't, why should anyone else?
justmacd
3/31/2010 11:35am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2010 11:36am
That conversation was simply played out to explain the story of the show. Most moto fans know he went SX only which gave him the opportunity and time to set up tv production. But the episode never delved into contractual obligations. That's not entertaining. So, they create a little family drama, kid leaves home (mansions, toys, etc that he's paid for, an idea that is hilarious enough) to sew his oats and the following episodes pick up from there.

This is among a myriad of examples why reality television is ridiculous.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/31/2010 11:41am
If I was him I would start to cut back on racing (which he has) and start enjoying life without risking serious injuries. At the pace he rides he is risking a lot. He and his family get a lot of hate thrown at them at the races and Outdoors especially. I know people who have seen it and I have seen and heard some things myself. Of coarse it easy to say cut back on racing but probably much harder to do. I know it is painful for me to not Road Race anymore, but I think it is the right thing. He probably feels different being so young with so much potential and still wants to race though.
Tbteam
3/31/2010 11:44am
Don't you have to race consistently to burn out?

Maybe was tired of it three years ago, but now?
BobbyM
3/31/2010 11:50am
level wrote:
Alright, most of us have seen the first episode of Malcolm's World-um I mean Bubba's world. (Seems like they show more Malcolm and everybody else rather...
Alright, most of us have seen the first episode of Malcolm's World-um I mean Bubba's world. (Seems like they show more Malcolm and everybody else rather than Bubba).

Remember conversation he was having with his Dad that he doesn't want to race and defend his title? Of course he came out and did but it makes you wonder if he really wanted to anyways and then the crash was icing on the cake to just take a break.

To be honest I can't really blame the kid. He's had some hard crashes and has been racing since he was little. Might be time for him to breath and have a little fun but on the flip side there are consequences. He risks racing for titles, furthering his name in the sport and missing out before he gets much older and can't race as much and needs to retire.

So question is: Do you guys think Bubba is getting pretty close to being done racing or will he come back with a new found fury and unleash hell upon everybody?

P.S. Let me just add that James' Dad and Mom seem like real good people. I love the passion that his Dad has for the sport. He wants to get back out and see some racing. Mom seems real cool and the Boston Terrier under Malcolm's bed sheets was priceless. ha
WHEN you got millions, risky bidness takes a backseat...rightfully so.
mccread
3/31/2010 11:56am
No wonder he won't race a GP series... far too much hard work and lifestyle change.

He is happy with his big house and Supercross only deal.
Masonry
3/31/2010 12:01pm
mccread wrote:
No wonder he won't race a GP series... far too much hard work and lifestyle change. He is happy with his big house and Supercross only...
No wonder he won't race a GP series... far too much hard work and lifestyle change.

He is happy with his big house and Supercross only deal.
Why would he go to the GP's when he has already raced the best series in the world.
justmacd
3/31/2010 12:06pm
Masonry wrote:
Why would he go to the GP's when he has already raced the best series in the world.
Different contenders maybe?
burnside
3/31/2010 12:11pm
That Watson guy on the Moto Show said 'the rumour was' that Bubba had funded it himself, if that was true it brings on a whole new level of gayness and narcissism. Can't even blame the producer then!
mccread
3/31/2010 12:15pm
He could afford to fund himself to the Nationals if he wanted too....
3/31/2010 12:29pm
20 yrs of racing, millions in the bank and more coming in daily, doing what he wants for a summer or 2. It's his life and...
Outsider wrote:
I agree... so it's cool if I say I could care less now right?

Seeing as how you just said he doesn't, why should anyone else?
Sure. You sure like to put words in peoples mouths don't you? Where did I say he didn't care or how would I know if he doesn't care? Why should you care what he is doing? Does your livelihood come from JS?

A lot of caring up there ^
Outsider
3/31/2010 12:31pm
I'm not sure I care...
3/31/2010 12:32pm
Tbteam wrote:
Don't you have to race consistently to burn out?

Maybe was tired of it three years ago, but now?
Don't know. Do you?
3/31/2010 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2010 12:34pm
If you LOVE racing you race.
And you do it until you can't do it any more no matter what!!!
3/31/2010 12:34pm
Outsider wrote:
I'm not sure I care...
Well I know I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear if you do or not and I am sure many others on here are too.Whistling
Outsider
3/31/2010 12:36pm
Well I know I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear if you do or not and I am sure many others on...
Well I know I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear if you do or not and I am sure many others on here are too.Whistling
I know you are puddin' Kissing
Racer92
3/31/2010 12:36pm
Bubba is on the way out. You are seeing the beginning of the end of his dirtbike career.

He will go do other stuff and make good money instead.
Outsider
3/31/2010 12:41pm
Racer92 wrote:
Bubba is on the way out. You are seeing the beginning of the end of his dirtbike career. He will go do other stuff and make...
Bubba is on the way out. You are seeing the beginning of the end of his dirtbike career.

He will go do other stuff and make good money instead.
What he said.
jib-tmb
3/31/2010 12:59pm
level wrote:
Alright, most of us have seen the first episode of Malcolm's World-um I mean Bubba's world. (Seems like they show more Malcolm and everybody else rather...

I think there's a big difference between riding because you love to ride/race and then getting paid to do it. Sure it's big $$$ in James case and a few others at the top level but it's also long hours of training to maintain the edge to stay on top. James has been doing this a long time and he's put himself in a position to retire while he's still on top and healthy. If thats what he wants to do I don't blame him and I wish him luck. I enjoy watching him ride but it's his choice.
3/31/2010 1:07pm
jib-tmb wrote:
I think there's a big difference between riding because you love to ride/race and then getting paid to do it. Sure it's big $$$ in James...
I think there's a big difference between riding because you love to ride/race and then getting paid to do it. Sure it's big $$$ in James case and a few others at the top level but it's also long hours of training to maintain the edge to stay on top. James has been doing this a long time and he's put himself in a position to retire while he's still on top and healthy. If thats what he wants to do I don't blame him and I wish him luck. I enjoy watching him ride but it's his choice.
What he said.
G-man
3/31/2010 1:12pm
Making Bubba's World wore him out--let him rest up some more.... Laughing

Post a reply to: Stewart burned out?

The Latest