Stewart and the 90 degree turns

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 10:24pm
In his heat race I got a look at Stewart jump into those 90 lefts ,leaned over,and gain a bike or 2 ,

Looked as if he could turn loose with both hands and the bike track like on a rail.

He hasn't had a piece like this since JA moved to Charlotte.

It turned low in the 180's also but there the power is used to complete the turn.

Those 90's are all geometry and that math adds up to 49+1

Waiting on 4am now to take my formula

Peace out
|
JB 19
3/29/2014 11:40pm
He seems to be reinventing SX turning.........for 5 years or so it was high and wide open........now he is doing these cut down turns and gaining 1/10's in nearly every turn. and yeah, he was killing it in the turn after the section where Hahn crashed.

Talent or Suzi turning?
oldAFI
3/29/2014 11:49pm
I'd say talent for sure, a lot of guys just don't have the balance and co-ordination of a superstar to be able to pull off riding that razor's edge.
40Plus_922mx
3/29/2014 11:59pm
Zooks have always turned good. But the right guy makes it even more awesome.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
3/30/2014 12:49am
Impressive! The Dunge also looked good in those early on.....he was pushing Ken R pretty good.

The Shop

3/30/2014 1:14am
I think it is both Stew's talent and the excellence of the Suzuki in the turns. Stew has said a few times this year that he has gone to a slightly softer set up to improve corner speed. I think Stew has definitely focused on the corners this year..and it really shows.
Crush
3/30/2014 1:19am
Suzuki turning, and bikes that are capable of jumping anything from inside the inside. No need to stay high unless the tracks has gone away.
Seamorbutts
3/30/2014 3:03am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2014 3:05am
I've never seen anyone stop on a dime and turn that quick. Now, what were you trying to say Hillbilly? Lol
hillbilly
3/30/2014 6:14am
I've never seen anyone stop on a dime and turn that quick. Now, what were you trying to say Hillbilly? Lol
I don't know now

I guess that James is benefiting from RC's development of that bike.

Ever since JA left he struggled with bike setup,I recall Brooks yelling at him in that show he had when ask what he thought.

James said he didn't know and Brooks yelled " whatd you mean you don't know"

There had to be a huge notebook of info RC compiled and they both ride about the same.

I saw the 5 and 94 swap in those climbing whoops ,at the same time,if that happens once,well,you charge on,

But,if it happens the next lap,your nuts are gonna draw up like jumping in a cold pool and visions of stars whirling around

Inside your goggles while you try to remember where you are come rushing into the stream of thought..

Yeah,James has a bad fast bike now and if he keeps the moto god of luck paid up ,winning the next 4 could happen.

Last nite,with 4 laps to go look at the step on table at the lapper that turned 90 left on top,if right #7 eats it.motogod smiles
kongols
3/30/2014 6:17am
hillbilly wrote:
I don't know now I guess that James is benefiting from RC's development of that bike. Ever since JA left he struggled with bike setup,I recall...
I don't know now

Ever since JA left he struggled with bike setup,I recall Brooks yelling at him in that show he had when ask what he thought.

There had to be a huge notebook of info RC compiled and they both ride about the same.

I saw the 5 and 94 swap in those climbing whoops ,at the same time,if that happens once,well,you charge on,

But,if it happens the next lap,your nuts are gonna draw up like jumping in a cold pool and visions of stars whirling around

Inside your goggles while you try to remember where you are come rushing into the stream of thought..

Yeah,James has a bad fast bike now and if he keeps the moto god of luck paid up ,winning the next 4 could happen.

Last nite,with 4 laps to go look at the step on table at the lapper that turned 90 left on top,if right #7 eats it.motogod smiles
He turned left because Stewart jumped next to him and scared the shit out of him.
hillbilly
3/30/2014 6:37am
hillbilly wrote:
I don't know now I guess that James is benefiting from RC's development of that bike. Ever since JA left he struggled with bike setup,I recall...
I don't know now

kongols wrote:
He turned left because Stewart jumped next to him and scared the shit out of him.
Hillbilly scratches his butt and yawns.....
adamdf
3/30/2014 7:18am
Zooks have always turned good. But the right guy makes it even more awesome.
X2
hillbilly
3/30/2014 8:35am
hillbilly wrote:
I don't know now

kongols wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
After my butt scratching and yawning,and maybe sniffing my finger(you know you do it to)

I concluded that dipshittery has moved from Australia to LVA,

The same place the flag weavers are looking for the old hammer and sickle pattern,

The rider kongols (what is a kongols by the way?) is calling "scared shitless" had to be around 12th or 14th,

Since James lapped about 10 riders,this shit scared rider looked to case the face of that table and nearly stop turn left,

Any rider in the main aint scared,this is AMA ,american badasses,and the few euro/aus badasses ,

These 22 guys are at the top of mt Everest ,sharp end of the spear ,all those metaphors,

I looked thru all the pro numbers,3 digits and all,didn't see one with LVA beside his name.

Are they all in mxgp?I will check out the Brazil show this evening and see if LVA riders got start money.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
3/30/2014 9:38am
English motha fucka. That is what we speak around here. Even the dude from Latvia can be understood. The thoughts in that brain don't translate well my dude. Work on that because I'm sure you have some good stuff to add to thread. Just that nobody knows what the fuck you are saying....
wildbill
3/30/2014 11:55pm
I would trade one slightly buzzed hillbilly for ten of you mostly confused fucktards.
Seamorbutts
3/31/2014 1:07am
wildbill wrote:
I would trade one slightly buzzed hillbilly for ten of you mostly confused fucktards.
LOl, true dat... However, Hillbilly sure makes my head and eyes hurt sometimes.
hillbilly
3/31/2014 8:23pm
wildbill wrote:
I gotta type like that to see,proof it. Haha,proof it,I'm proofing a jar right now.

When I saw "jhansen" I thought "you flatbill waste of talent" but think it is spelled wrong.

Maybe he is a josh nut swinger and can't spell,maybe I can't ,quite the kernumbergun,har,

Nobody else had problem,he must ride at the back of the vitard shortbus,and I'm drivin'
Sandberm
3/31/2014 8:30pm
Anyone notice we're seeing a hell of a lot less "front-end push" crashes this year?

James has been amazing in the corners this year and only getting better.

I agree with someone else who said Dunge didnt look too bad either cutting down at StL....though only half as fast as Stew.
hillbilly
3/31/2014 8:45pm
Sandberm wrote:
Anyone notice we're seeing a hell of a lot less "front-end push" crashes this year? James has been amazing in the corners this year and only...
Anyone notice we're seeing a hell of a lot less "front-end push" crashes this year?

James has been amazing in the corners this year and only getting better.

I agree with someone else who said Dunge didnt look too bad either cutting down at StL....though only half as fast as Stew.
That's another thing that pissed me off,the both saying davalos washing out was a mental mistake,

A mental mistake is tooling down the beach on a sand cruzer and tipping over as you look back at a thong,

In racing ,when out front the entire lap is a mistake,its how good you cover them that matters.

You are constantly almost falling but talent keeps you up till your talent surpasses bike and traction.

Plus.,I've never seen dirt so dry at Atlanta,never,it was rolling to the bottom of turns and hard to read..
Big Lenny
3/31/2014 8:55pm
wildbill wrote:
You have to read HB's posts slow and before you know it you can actually understand the story he's tellin' like you're actually there talking to him...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/31/2014 9:02pm
kongols wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
After my butt scratching and yawning,and maybe sniffing my finger(you know you do it to) I concluded that dipshittery has moved from Australia to LVA, The...
After my butt scratching and yawning,and maybe sniffing my finger(you know you do it to)

I concluded that dipshittery has moved from Australia to LVA,

The same place the flag weavers are looking for the old hammer and sickle pattern,

The rider kongols (what is a kongols by the way?) is calling "scared shitless" had to be around 12th or 14th,

Since James lapped about 10 riders,this shit scared rider looked to case the face of that table and nearly stop turn left,

Any rider in the main aint scared,this is AMA ,american badasses,and the few euro/aus badasses ,

These 22 guys are at the top of mt Everest ,sharp end of the spear ,all those metaphors,

I looked thru all the pro numbers,3 digits and all,didn't see one with LVA beside his name.

Are they all in mxgp?I will check out the Brazil show this evening and see if LVA riders got start money.
Damn hillbilly I'm tweaked in the mind from crashing, head strikes and drugs but you make me feel normal, thanks man, I appreciate it.
3/31/2014 9:18pm
Pre 4 stroke era, there would be multiple lines on a supercross track, with many that turned down early to the inside. When the 4 stroke fad hit, the power characteristics of them made railing the berms more favorable. Stewart is one of only a few current 450 class riders who raced a 250 2 stroke. The zook already turns good, and Stewart has the skill set from back in the day (turning down early in corners). All it would take is moving the power around on the 450 to make those the faster lines around the track
redrider52
3/31/2014 9:22pm
hillbilly wrote:
In his heat race I got a look at Stewart jump into those 90 lefts ,leaned over,and gain a bike or 2 , Looked as if...
In his heat race I got a look at Stewart jump into those 90 lefts ,leaned over,and gain a bike or 2 ,

Looked as if he could turn loose with both hands and the bike track like on a rail.

It turned low in the 180's also but there the power is used to complete the turn.

Peace out
Is there a Google Translate option for Hillbilly?

I was raised in the South and I still don't know what he's talking about
JW381
3/31/2014 10:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
In his heat race I got a look at Stewart jump into those 90 lefts ,leaned over,and gain a bike or 2 , Looked as if...

Peace out
redrider52 wrote:
Is there a Google Translate option for Hillbilly?

I was raised in the South and I still don't know what he's talking about
I google translated it, it said "James can turn well in the 90 degree corners on his Suzuki."

Post a reply to: Stewart and the 90 degree turns

The Latest