Stewart: Is it possible

1/10/2010 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:56am
Is it possible that riders have had a few years to study and have caught up to his speed? Or has Stewart lost a step. I am not saying he won't "go the other way" on his settings and begin to dominate, but Reed seemed close last year, Villopoto at the end of the year and now Dungey?

I thought once he got on the 2010 magic carpet YZ 450 that he would be untouchable. Perhaps L&M needs a different approach on bike setup. Two years in a row they have missed the mark.

|
1/10/2010 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2010 8:00pm
OMFG it was the first fucking race all you ass clowns that want to bring up thread after thread of the same shit. Enough already, let it go for about a month and then discuss if it is even something worth discussing then.

So which is it, bike set up or has he lost a step. Contradict yourself in one post consisting of 2 small paragraphs.
JOHN CHOATE
1/10/2010 8:00pm
Winning the race doesn't seem like they missed the mark, IMO. JS also made up a 4+ second deficit in a lap or two as well. I do agree he seemed to have a little trouble with the one whoop section, though. Just sayin'.
MX7MX
1/10/2010 8:00pm
Wasnt RV supposed to dominate?
jmar
1/10/2010 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:56pm
It is an "all new bike" and there are starting from scratch on the set up. He will get a little better each week.

Why does a good race have to turn into such bullshit when it comes to message boards?

The Shop

Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
1/10/2010 8:13pm
Stewart was sandbaggin the whole race. He wants to make a show out of the race. Its the same thing he did with reed last year. He would let them lead laps and he would just cruise. Then with about 5 to go he put in some fast laps, got the lead, and won the race. Why go as fast as you can the whole race? Winning is winning if I'm not mistaken...
DanDunes818
1/10/2010 8:20pm
Is it possible that riders have had a few years to study and have caught up to his speed? Or has Stewart lost a step. I...
Is it possible that riders have had a few years to study and have caught up to his speed? Or has Stewart lost a step. I am not saying he won't "go the other way" on his settings and begin to dominate, but Reed seemed close last year, Villopoto at the end of the year and now Dungey?

I thought once he got on the 2010 magic carpet YZ 450 that he would be untouchable. Perhaps L&M needs a different approach on bike setup. Two years in a row they have missed the mark.

Are u serious.. How about giving credit to RD for stepping up.. They finished 32 sec ahead of 3rd place. I'd say 32 sec ahead of 3rd isn't really losing a step..lol
JW381
1/10/2010 8:25pm
OMFG it was the first fucking race all you ass clowns that want to bring up thread after thread of the same shit. Enough already, let...
OMFG it was the first fucking race all you ass clowns that want to bring up thread after thread of the same shit. Enough already, let it go for about a month and then discuss if it is even something worth discussing then.

So which is it, bike set up or has he lost a step. Contradict yourself in one post consisting of 2 small paragraphs.
Rarely do I agree with you...

'sept now. Smile
Casemark
1/10/2010 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:56pm
Is it possible that riders have had a few years to study and have caught up to his speed? Or has Stewart lost a step. I...

I wouldn't say "He lost anything". James Stewart rode a smart, thought out 20 lap main event. He has grown up so much in the past 12 months.

L&M had Stewart's and Hill's bike working great. Stewart rides hard and will pin it even when things aren't the best. Did you see other riders bike's are night? Everyone was struggling with the track and whoops. Stewart just isn't scared to gas it when the track is rough and rutted.
Hill looked solid in the main event and moved past many top riders, to finish 6th overall. Hill actually looked very smooth and in shape all the way to his top 6 finish.
Casemark
1/10/2010 8:28pm
Cody24 wrote:
Stewart was sandbaggin the whole race. He wants to make a show out of the race. Its the same thing he did with reed last year...
Stewart was sandbaggin the whole race. He wants to make a show out of the race. Its the same thing he did with reed last year. He would let them lead laps and he would just cruise. Then with about 5 to go he put in some fast laps, got the lead, and won the race. Why go as fast as you can the whole race? Winning is winning if I'm not mistaken...
Wow, now to hear someone that really watched the race and saw what happened. Cody24 your a lot smarter than most. Good job.

Were in the era of a mature James Stewart.
JW381
1/10/2010 8:32pm
Casemark wrote:
Wow, now to hear someone that really watched the race and saw what happened. Cody24 your a lot smarter than most. Good job. Were in the...
Wow, now to hear someone that really watched the race and saw what happened. Cody24 your a lot smarter than most. Good job.

Were in the era of a mature James Stewart.
I sorta felt the same way about the sandbagging for show thing. SX is a show afterall...
JOHN CHOATE
1/10/2010 8:38pm
I was glad to see Josh rebound so good after riding in the LCQ. I am glad JS made it interesting by cruising during the middle of the race and then hitting the afterburners. Though RD did a fantastic job, JS is the man!!
JW381
1/10/2010 8:47pm
I was pumped to see Hill rebound too. If it weren't for that bad start in the heat, the battle for 3-5 would have been alot more exciting.
Outsider
1/10/2010 8:54pm
MX7MX wrote:
No, but he shouldn't have fallen off the pace like that... something not right there.
gt80rider
1/10/2010 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:56pm
Cody24 wrote:
Stewart was sandbaggin the whole race. He wants to make a show out of the race. Its the same thing he did with reed last year...
ya know.... makes ya wonder doesn't it..... especially that Dungey got passed, dropped back 2 seconds, then almost caught him at the end..... makes ya wonder if Feld is cutting him some phat checks to keep things close and the stands filled......

i've said it for a long time now.... Feld SX ='s WWE

oh and about bike settings........ blubba could have won that race with an old clapped out 98 KX125... he's just that much faster.... "settings" is just a very lame excuse...
Josh422
1/10/2010 9:10pm
Cody24 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
ya know.... makes ya wonder doesn't it..... especially that Dungey got passed, dropped back 2 seconds, then almost caught him at the end..... makes ya wonder...
ya know.... makes ya wonder doesn't it..... especially that Dungey got passed, dropped back 2 seconds, then almost caught him at the end..... makes ya wonder if Feld is cutting him some phat checks to keep things close and the stands filled......

i've said it for a long time now.... Feld SX ='s WWE

oh and about bike settings........ blubba could have won that race with an old clapped out 98 KX125... he's just that much faster.... "settings" is just a very lame excuse...
I've thought about that once or twice the last year or so... ever so slightly.
mrquick
1/10/2010 9:26pm
how the hell does one turn 56 second lap times and just be taking it easy ....putting on a show/sandbagging my ass...u psychic people need to stop making excuses for bubbles.
thumper36
1/10/2010 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2010 10:12pm
Cody24 wrote:
you know, I am not a stewart fan although I recognize he is a badass, but as much as I hate to say it, I agree with you. Thats exactly what it looked like. It looked like he had RD covered and just wanted to make it a show. I kept telling myself that he will make up all of the time somewhere around the 15th lap and what do you know, thats exactly what he did. With that being said, Dungey is close and I am definitely a fan because of the way that he didnt give up and tried to pass JS back. He is a really smooth rider with perfect technique. But what the hell do I know, Dungey could have just gotten tired around the 15th lap and made it look that way.
sharkey
1/10/2010 9:52pm
MX7MX wrote:
Outsider wrote:
No, but he shouldn't have fallen off the pace like that... something not right there.
apparently everyone forgot he crashed in practice and sprained his wrist
P
1/10/2010 10:29pm
MX7MX wrote:
Outsider wrote:
sharkey wrote:
apparently everyone forgot he crashed in practice and sprained his wrist
I hate to tell you this, but he was having issues before the wrist problems. Unless he hurt his wrist before he got there or before the first qualifying practice session he had more work to do.

Once he got knocked off the leader board in the first practice session I watched him to see if he was going to grab a top 5 spot and each time he crossed the finish line.....no "2" on the leader board. I'm not saying that he looked bad, I'm just saying that the speed wasn't there on Saturday night. He was the first person out for the second session and about 3/4 of the way through the lap is when he fell.

P
Mr. G
1/10/2010 10:49pm
Remember 06 when James passed Ricky in Canada and then let him by just so he could pass him again? Ricky even mentioned it on the box. James has no trouble controlling the race. Once Ricky retired it assured a bit of time before someone else picks it up enough to beat James.
Jake-247
1/10/2010 11:16pm
MX7MX wrote:
With all the chatter the last two days I thought it was a typo. It was meant to be RD not RV.Silly
R-acer
1/10/2010 11:32pm
I thought it was pretty obvious that Stewart WANTED to hang back there behind Dungey, and knock off most of the laps before passing him. No question RD was riding great, and if Stewart had passed him earlier, RD may have tried latching on to his back wheel and following his lines. Stewart saved it for the last few laps.
That was pretty amazing, how he closed up a 4.5 second gap in 2 laps and passed RD. If that didnt convince you, nothing will.

It kept us on the edge of our seat anyway....... Cant wait till next weekend!!!
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
1/11/2010 12:39am
Stewart is just playing with the competition, its not called James Stewart ENTERTAINMENT for nothing... There is no entertainment when he wins by 50 seconds and laps up to 4th place...
Stephon
1/11/2010 3:28am
mrquick wrote:
how the hell does one turn 56 second lap times and just be taking it easy ....putting on a show/sandbagging my ass...u psychic people need to...
how the hell does one turn 56 second lap times and just be taking it easy ....putting on a show/sandbagging my ass...u psychic people need to stop making excuses for bubbles.
Excuses? For what? He won the 20 lap main event, good thing the main wasn't 16 laps huh? How bad does it hurt for you to see James' success?

And yes, Dungey kicked ass. I definitely wasn't psychic enough to predict that.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
1/11/2010 10:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:57pm
It looked like Stewart has his typically sucky early rounds bike set up and so maybe has matured to be just as fast as he needed to without putting it into the ground.

That said, Dungey's pace put them both waaaay in front of third. Hope that the Kawi camp gets it turned around and make the show better.
DownSouth
1/11/2010 10:38am
People are trying to fool themselves if they believe that Stewart hung back behind Dungey on purpose. If he was comfortable and willing to push it he would have made a move as soon as he could. Stewart is not one to let anyone lead him. Dungey made mistakes near the end of the main and Stewart took advantage of them.
Cook441
1/11/2010 10:51am
Did you guys listen to Stewart on the podium? He said that as Dungey started creeping away he was trying and spinning out in a few corners then he kept thinking to himself I can't let this happen...He put his head down and did exactly what Dungey did earlier in the race and turned a series of 56's while Dungey started to ride a little tight. Once he got by Dungey it looked like he might check out when Dungey turned it up and almost passed him back for the win. James was not sandbagging. He was getting beat in the first half of the race he dug deep and barely won. Don't you get it? Dungey rode faster the first half the difference was when James put his string of 56's together Dungey was riding a little tight and the diff per lap was more than earlier in the race when Dungey put his 56's down. As for bike set up he raced that thing in Paris on SX already had a bigger advantage than most the top guys. He said they went a little to stiff and thats why he was spinning but thats week in and week out depending on the terrain not some major issue- You guys need to get a clue if you think James was "sandbagging"...Sandbaggers wouldn't let the race come down to the last few corners on the last few laps-
KAWboy14
1/11/2010 11:18am
stewart has these guys in trouble now........he added "smart" to his "fast"!
WhKnuckle
1/11/2010 11:58am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:57pm
jmar wrote:
It is an "all new bike" and there are starting from scratch on the set up. He will get a little better each week. Why does...
It is an "all new bike" and there are starting from scratch on the set up. He will get a little better each week.

Why does a good race have to turn into such bullshit when it comes to message boards?
I'm sure that's a lot of it - remember last year that James really fought the bike early in the year, then L&M got is sorted out. I have to wonder if James goes the same speed in testing that he does in the race - some guys have the ability to do that, others don't. If he has a hard time going full-on race speed in testing, they get to the first race and find that some of their assumptions weren't right and have to figure it out on the fly.

Man, it was a great race. Don't worry, be happy.

Post a reply to: Stewart: Is it possible

The Latest