Stefan Everts hillclimb...

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 1/2/2015 7:16am
|
DrSweden
6/16/2011 1:23pm

Screw that. Look at this video. Isn't this a perfect example of how you should ride a dirtbike? Watch his body-english...
mccread
6/16/2011 1:26pm
yep I was just watching that... mx perfection.

Don't know why he wasn't on the team that year!
burnside
6/16/2011 1:36pm
I'd love to see some good footage of Everts at Foxhills in the mid 90s on that KX250...
jtomasik
6/16/2011 2:00pm
Guys like Everts are the reason I'd love to see a combined AMA/FIM series. It would've been awesome to see Everts and RC mix it up several times a season.

The Shop

burnside
6/16/2011 2:09pm
jtomasik wrote:
Guys like Everts are the reason I'd love to see a combined AMA/FIM series. It would've been awesome to see Everts and RC mix it up...
Guys like Everts are the reason I'd love to see a combined AMA/FIM series. It would've been awesome to see Everts and RC mix it up several times a season.
yeah, is a real shame we barely got to see those two guys battle in their prime.
mccread
6/16/2011 2:33pm
jtomasik wrote:
Guys like Everts are the reason I'd love to see a combined AMA/FIM series. It would've been awesome to see Everts and RC mix it up...
burnside wrote:
yeah, is a real shame we barely got to see those two guys battle in their prime.
The amazing thing about Everts is he spanned 4 generations of US riders.... from the JMB/Stanton/Bradshaw era unto the MC/Emig era throught eh RC/ WIndham era and into the Stewart era...and he maintained that extraordinary style right the way through his career... the 2006 MXDN was one of the best motocross riding lessons I have ever seen.
MXMattii
6/16/2011 2:54pm
DrSweden wrote:
Screw that. Look at this video. Isn't this a perfect example of how you should ride a dirtbike? Watch his body-english...

This looks so good!!
burnside
6/16/2011 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2011 3:52pm
mccread wrote:
The amazing thing about Everts is he spanned 4 generations of US riders.... from the JMB/Stanton/Bradshaw era unto the MC/Emig era throught eh RC/ WIndham era...
The amazing thing about Everts is he spanned 4 generations of US riders.... from the JMB/Stanton/Bradshaw era unto the MC/Emig era throught eh RC/ WIndham era and into the Stewart era...and he maintained that extraordinary style right the way through his career... the 2006 MXDN was one of the best motocross riding lessons I have ever seen.
Cant believe that was 5 years ago already! This video never gets old. OK, maybe it does to the Stewart camp. ha.

Also so impressive how competitive he was late into his carreer. He was still winning at Windham's age right?

Zildjian
6/16/2011 4:28pm
Cracks me up to see this. When RC smoked Everts in front of his King in 2003, it was because Everts was racing for the team victory. But when Everts beats James, Everts was disappointed Ricky wasn't there to race for the individual victory, a direct slam on James.

Can't have it both ways Stefan. Poor sport.
DrSweden
6/16/2011 5:26pm
Zildjian wrote:
Cracks me up to see this. When RC smoked Everts in front of his King in 2003, it was because Everts was racing for the team...
Cracks me up to see this. When RC smoked Everts in front of his King in 2003, it was because Everts was racing for the team victory. But when Everts beats James, Everts was disappointed Ricky wasn't there to race for the individual victory, a direct slam on James.

Can't have it both ways Stefan. Poor sport.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!

I know you probably want that to be the truth, but I don't think you have any evidence supporting that. Everts was honest about not having anything for RC. I was there that day, I talked to some of the people involved, I read all the interviews, I was even in the team US tent spoke to RC mom for while, not about this but I was so absorb by this event it was crazy. Trust me, Everts got beat by RC, everybody saw it and Everts had no excuses and didn't even try to BS it. They are friends, and RC stayed at his house during the event by the way...

Stewart on the other hand newer gave Everts cred. Maybe he did a few years later? I know in the beginning he didn't.
fwlslyr1
6/16/2011 5:40pm
Well with Budd's coming up some of us remember KW beating Everts heads up. An awesome day. But, like the newer USGP's nobody showed up.
DrSweden
6/16/2011 5:45pm
fwlslyr1 wrote:
Well with Budd's coming up some of us remember KW beating Everts heads up. An awesome day. But, like the newer USGP's nobody showed up.
Yeah. Still Everts won one moto didn't he? What was the results? I also remember Everts beating RC at Fox Hill at some point? Smile
6/16/2011 5:59pm
james stweart has never settled for second place with champ leds ,or masive leds in races YET this one time he suddenly got a brain and thought of someone other than himself , i dont think so ,he got whooped that day and if ricky was there imo stefan would have won , ps,do yous like my jersery ,its my pride and joy hanging in my bed room ,stefan everts last ever race shirt Smile
6/16/2011 6:05pm
fwlslyr1 wrote:
everts won the first race , and that was hes 3rd race back from being out the whole season with a crucite ,so to win one race there was really good going in fareness , plus KW is a brillant rider any way , no shame in KW beating u
fwlslyr1
6/16/2011 6:16pm
Yep, Everts won the first moto. It was an honor to get to see him race.
6/16/2011 6:22pm
fwlslyr1 wrote:
Yep, Everts won the first moto. It was an honor to get to see him race.
yea i saw ricky race the cr 250 in belgium ,he was unreal ,got to meet him in the pits ,he was really nice talked to me for a good ten minutes ,never seem KW ride ,would so love to , just love how smooth he is
6/16/2011 10:14pm
brian and wrote:
james stweart has never settled for second place with champ leds ,or masive leds in races YET this one time he suddenly got a brain and...
james stweart has never settled for second place with champ leds ,or masive leds in races YET this one time he suddenly got a brain and thought of someone other than himself , i dont think so ,he got whooped that day and if ricky was there imo stefan would have won , ps,do yous like my jersery ,its my pride and joy hanging in my bed room ,stefan everts last ever race shirt Smile
You need that full body suit he wore for his last ride. The "future" of MX apparel or something like that. HAHA. It was beautifully ugly looking. The gold flake was awesome. The one piece was not.
jeffro503
6/16/2011 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2011 10:32pm
Plain and simple , Stefan Everts is a God Damn living legend! Every time I see that video.....I feel a little embarrassed for James , but he gave it one hell of a try though. Stefan was on his game , and I think the only guy in the world that "Could" have beat him that day, would of been RC.....BUT........who knows? The way Stefan was riding that day....RC would of had his work cut out for him......he could of taken the win either way. That's why they race.

Stefan is one rider ( on a list of many....but at the top of the list ) I would of loved to of seen race. The guy was incredible , and a legend in this sport.
ST Anmore
6/17/2011 2:40am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2011 2:40am
fwlslyr1 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
Yeah. Still Everts won one moto didn't he? What was the results? I also remember Everts beating RC at Fox Hill at some point? Smile
"beating" being an understatement... RC was lapped by Everts... happened again in 99 as well.

But RC was incredible in Belgium and they're both living legends!

Nice video btw, worth checking out Maxi Freeride on YouTube... amazing event which Everts still rides most years!
Jefro98
6/17/2011 2:51am
I have seen Everts race throughout his entire career and am happy I was there at his last race.
Just like McCread said: The 2006 MXDN was one of the best motocross riding lessons I have ever seen.

I don't think I have seen Everts ever sit down that day. He was truly amazing.

jamma10
6/17/2011 3:27am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2011 3:29am
fwlslyr1 wrote:
DrSweden wrote:
ST Anmore wrote:
"beating" being an understatement... RC was lapped by Everts... happened again in 99 as well. But RC was incredible in Belgium and they're both living legends...
"beating" being an understatement... RC was lapped by Everts... happened again in 99 as well.

Nice video btw, worth checking out Maxi Freeride on YouTube... amazing event which Everts still rides most years!
I was preying that his back injury didn't stop him from racing at Matterly Basin in 2006 which, unfortunately as we all know, it did, but I will be forever satisfied in the knowledge that I got to see that guy race live at Foxhills in 98, even if he was lapped - Im surprised the 125's could even manage one lap in that mudbath.

Team USA interviews 2.30
Race starts as 8.30
Enjoy the Euro techno/jazz Smile
jamma10
6/17/2011 3:32am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2011 3:35am
2nd race (DV enjoying a mud bath at 1.58)
3rd race (Everts Masterclass) 2.47
Ride154
6/17/2011 5:54am
I love the different riding styles depending on where they're from. Euros tend to flow more around the track, Americans are point-and-shoot.

With that said, I'd love to meet Everts one day in the pits. What's funny is around here I'd imagine people would walk right by him and have no idea who he is.
jamma10
6/17/2011 6:33am
Ride154 wrote:
I love the different riding styles depending on where they're from. Euros tend to flow more around the track, Americans are point-and-shoot. With that said, I'd...
I love the different riding styles depending on where they're from. Euros tend to flow more around the track, Americans are point-and-shoot.

With that said, I'd love to meet Everts one day in the pits. What's funny is around here I'd imagine people would walk right by him and have no idea who he is.
During the GP races he happily wanders amongst the crowd, checking on the KTM riders. He's a really friendly guy and usually finds the time to stop and say hello. He's been around the GP's for so long now he's just become part of the scenery, most people just leave him be to roam around without any fuss. Smile
machine
6/17/2011 6:56am
Stewart hasn't been the same since that race.....lol
Zildjian
6/17/2011 8:39am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2011 8:42am
ST Anmore wrote:
"beating" being an understatement... RC was lapped by Everts... happened again in 99 as well. But RC was incredible in Belgium and they're both living legends...

You mean the 1998 Fox Hills mud race. RC's first year at the MXdN, 2nd year as a pro, the one where RC was on a 125 and Everts on a big bike? That one? BTW, again in 1999 RC was a 125 rider and Everts was on a big bike.

Oh and in 2003 RC was on a 250cc two stroker and Everts on a 450cc full on factory ride, in the sand, in Belgium.

Everts was great, RC was the best.
robkinuk
6/17/2011 9:08am
Zildjian wrote:
You mean the 1998 Fox Hills mud race. RC's first year at the MXdN, 2nd year as a pro, the one where RC was on a...
You mean the 1998 Fox Hills mud race. RC's first year at the MXdN, 2nd year as a pro, the one where RC was on a 125 and Everts on a big bike? That one? BTW, again in 1999 RC was a 125 rider and Everts was on a big bike.

Oh and in 2003 RC was on a 250cc two stroker and Everts on a 450cc full on factory ride, in the sand, in Belgium.

How many WORLD TITLES does RC have? enough said!............................................
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/17/2011 9:39am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2011 10:05am
ST Anmore wrote:

Zildjian wrote:
You mean the 1998 Fox Hills mud race. RC's first year at the MXdN, 2nd year as a pro, the one where RC was on a...

RC was out in the first turn in 99.

Hoppen shots

As far as Stewart in 06, I don't think people appreciate the pressure he was under when RC went down and he bore the mantle of leading the team on his first trip to the event, with RV there his first time and Tedesco on board after not riding all summer. You can see it clearly i BJ Smith's great film of the event.

And given that everyone from the organizers on down had made it the Stefan Everts retirement party celebration party before the gate even dropped, and talked shit about Stewart, you can't blame Stewart for pointing to the trophy when the riding on him continued in the press conference. He wasn't respected and some assholes here still don't respect him for what he did, so lay off the respect BS.

Whether Everts said it in the press (which would be dumb) or in passing, or his supporters did, the message in 03 was that he was riding for the team and RC had nothing to lose. That's why RC refused to go in 04 when they couldn't put a top team together: he didn't want any more talk questioning the legitimacy of his beating Everts, which he did in 00, 03 and 05.

Both riders are on the pinnacle of the sports best riders. They don't deserve the crappy fans that too often shit the sport up.

Post a reply to: Stefan Everts hillclimb...

The Latest