Starting to jump?

Grizz
4/9/2014 1:28pm
Just jump. No way in hell you'll be going fast enough to get hurt. So just try shit and you'll learn.
zehn
4/9/2014 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2014 5:30pm
Start on small, smooth jumps with good takeoffs and landings. Practice practice practice. After a while it'll come natural to you and you can start scrubbin the triples.
4/9/2014 2:18pm
Mini tables at the beginning. Go small at the beginning.
& Never seat bounce at the beginning ! (otherwise I bet $20 on a good over the bar)

1. Stand up, stay balanced, in the middle of the bike.
2. Slighly more gas on the face of the jump. (but no whiskey throtle!)
3. Help the suspension, be 1 with the bike.
gharmon
4/9/2014 2:35pm
Grizz wrote:
Just jump. No way in hell you'll be going fast enough to get hurt. So just try shit and you'll learn.
No way he will be going fast enough? I've seen some like A or B riders with pit bikes straight up hauling ass and jumping some big jumps. I can assure you that if they wrecked at the speed they were going there would have been some broken shit,, like bones. Don't be surprised how fast these little bikes can go.

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/9/2014 2:35pm
You might want to try a 4 wheeler
4/9/2014 3:02pm
Grizz wrote:
I've only been riding for a couple weeks but I'm already whipping by on the top of third but have to slow down and downshift whenever I come across a jump cuz I have no clue how to even approach it. I can jump a bmx bike pretty good but this is far from a bmx bike and I don't know if I just keep the throttle up and hold on for dear life or like shift my weight or what.
4/9/2014 3:03pm
Mini tables at the beginning. Go small at the beginning. & Never seat bounce at the beginning ! (otherwise I bet $20 on a good over...
Mini tables at the beginning. Go small at the beginning.
& Never seat bounce at the beginning ! (otherwise I bet $20 on a good over the bar)

1. Stand up, stay balanced, in the middle of the bike.
2. Slighly more gas on the face of the jump. (but no whiskey throtle!)
3. Help the suspension, be 1 with the bike.
Thanks man. I will definitely try that next time I go riding.
SKlein
4/9/2014 3:44pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just had to... :laugh: [img]https://www.yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/50leonardinair1.jpg[/img]
I just had to... Laughing

Must be Ronnie Mac's cousin?
thormx11
4/9/2014 4:16pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just had to... :laugh: [img]https://www.yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/50leonardinair1.jpg[/img]

Is that Drake in the red/black stripped shirt? lol
hillbilly
4/9/2014 8:28pm
I want to start and try jumping my pit bike but now sure how. I've seen riders seat bounce and jump sitting and then others who...
I want to start and try jumping my pit bike but now sure how. I've seen riders seat bounce and jump sitting and then others who just charge the jump standing. I have a Sikk 125 cc bike, what's the best way to jump it. The bike is small so I can't really grip the bike with my knees but sort of can calf hug it. Would sitting down to standing mid air be the best? How do you approach the jump and what do you do with the gas and clutch. How did you start learning to jump? I ride at a sand track just to let you guys know what kind of terrain I'm dealing with. Thanks guys!
Make sure you hit the bong before trying anything,it gives you courage.

Then,sit on the seat and hold it wide open in the highest gear it will pull,

Give a full report on everything here.
Jim Morrison
4/9/2014 8:39pm
Just go as fast as you can and if you are scared you are going to get too high just turn the handlebars sideways on the jump face and it will keep you low JS7 style...

Don't forget the rules to jump club:

1) don't be a PU$$Y
2) don't be a PU$$Y
3) don't be a PU$$Y
bonseff
4/9/2014 8:44pm
seat jump the shit out of everything
yzjs7
4/9/2014 8:45pm
Best thing you can do is order some Gary semics DVD' s. Helped my riding immensely.
kevkx125
4/9/2014 8:58pm
hillbilly wrote:
Make sure you hit the bong before trying anything,it gives you courage. Then,sit on the seat and hold it wide open in the highest gear it...

Easy hillbilly you are talking to a minor don't want to suggest any thing ilegalLaughing Samlovesham same principal as jumping a bmx bike just a little more weight. Just use your body weight to move the bike around in the air.
hillbilly
4/9/2014 9:03pm
hillbilly wrote:
Make sure you hit the bong before trying anything,it gives you courage. Then,sit on the seat and hold it wide open in the highest gear it...

kevkx125 wrote:
Easy hillbilly you are talking to a minor don't want to suggest any thing ilegal:laugh: Samlovesham same principal as jumping a bmx bike just a little...
Easy hillbilly you are talking to a minor don't want to suggest any thing ilegalLaughing Samlovesham same principal as jumping a bmx bike just a little more weight. Just use your body weight to move the bike around in the air.
I started at 12 and look at how well I turned out.

He will be fine
kevkx125
4/9/2014 9:19pm
Yea hillbilly doesn't seem to be much wrong with it to each his own I guess, also samlovesham is young girl. Just keep practicing sam!
hillbilly
4/9/2014 9:53pm
kevkx125 wrote:
Yea hillbilly doesn't seem to be much wrong with it to each his own I guess, also samlovesham is young girl. Just keep practicing sam!
Well,

Had the idea the post was a joke,and definitely not a young girl,so,for that I'm sorry.

But,I bet she is smart enuff to know this place and how it is,

Tomorrow I will try to fix it and explain how to jump.

Very hard to explain a ,how to put this,a learned skill

Like telling how to throw,you throw till you can throw.

But, I apologize for being a vitard
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
4/9/2014 9:57pm
Baby steps, a little at a time.

And do not eat too much ham... That s..t is bad for you.
Crush
4/9/2014 10:07pm
Yeah!

GarySemics
4/11/2014 7:42am
I want to start and try jumping my pit bike but now sure how. I've seen riders seat bounce and jump sitting and then others who...
I want to start and try jumping my pit bike but now sure how. I've seen riders seat bounce and jump sitting and then others who just charge the jump standing. I have a Sikk 125 cc bike, what's the best way to jump it. The bike is small so I can't really grip the bike with my knees but sort of can calf hug it. Would sitting down to standing mid air be the best? How do you approach the jump and what do you do with the gas and clutch. How did you start learning to jump? I ride at a sand track just to let you guys know what kind of terrain I'm dealing with. Thanks guys!
The most important part of the jump is where the bike actually leaves the ground, where you have the compression and rebound part of the jump. What gives you control at this critical part of the jump is your body movements and throttle control. Along with this body movement and throttle control is timing. The timing is so critical that the body movement and throttle control has to be an automatic reflex reaction. This is why it takes so much time and practice to learn to jump well. Key into the compressing and rebound part of the jump, move your body back a little as the rear wheel kicks up and blip the throttle a little at the same time. This will cause the front wheel to stay level or come up a little. If the front wheel is too high don’t move back as much or give it as much throttle. If you want the front end lower it’s just the opposite; don’t blip the throttle as much and don’t move back as much. When you want to accelerate after the landing it’s best to land with the throttle on. I have 3 Technique DVDs that cover Jumping and Whoops. The best one for beginners is: http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/volume-3/dvd-6-motocross-basic-jumping-techni… You can see free previews and order the DVDs or Streams of all my Motocross Technique DVDs at: www.motocrossdvds.com
MXD
4/11/2014 7:50am
GarySemics wrote:
The most important part of the jump is where the bike actually leaves the ground, where you have the compression and rebound part of the jump...
The most important part of the jump is where the bike actually leaves the ground, where you have the compression and rebound part of the jump. What gives you control at this critical part of the jump is your body movements and throttle control. Along with this body movement and throttle control is timing. The timing is so critical that the body movement and throttle control has to be an automatic reflex reaction. This is why it takes so much time and practice to learn to jump well. Key into the compressing and rebound part of the jump, move your body back a little as the rear wheel kicks up and blip the throttle a little at the same time. This will cause the front wheel to stay level or come up a little. If the front wheel is too high don’t move back as much or give it as much throttle. If you want the front end lower it’s just the opposite; don’t blip the throttle as much and don’t move back as much. When you want to accelerate after the landing it’s best to land with the throttle on. I have 3 Technique DVDs that cover Jumping and Whoops. The best one for beginners is: http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/volume-3/dvd-6-motocross-basic-jumping-techni… You can see free previews and order the DVDs or Streams of all my Motocross Technique DVDs at: www.motocrossdvds.com
That's pretty badass. This is like hanging out on some baseball message board and asking how to hit a curve ball and having Big Papi chime in. Thread closed!
Outsider
4/11/2014 7:51am
ocscottie wrote:

4/11/2014 8:29am
Grizz wrote:
Said no pitbike rider sitting in the emergency room. That's funny.

Post a reply to: Starting to jump?

The Latest