Stacked Field, Old Format

Picard186
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:40am
I was just thinking, with the 450 class so stacked, would be better off going back to the old format with a heat, semi, and LCQ. It would be good for fans, but also for anyone in a title hunt. If you got RV leading the points, and crashes in a heat race, and goes to the LCQ, wins that, he may get 19th gate pick. Whereas with the old format, he goes down in his heat race, wins his semi, he would be 9th or 10th gate pick. Would still give him a decent gate pick for the main. What do you guys think?
|
Shawn142
12/23/2011 3:22am
Then it disrupts TV coverage because you're adding in 2 more races and the cool down time for riders that requires. They went away from the semis to streamline the event and make it more TV friendly, and now most of the rounds are live. So while bringing the semis back sounds great to the hardcore fan, in truth taking them away helps up the potential for outside exposure.
AUS_Twisted
12/23/2011 4:04am
Shawn142 wrote:
Then it disrupts TV coverage because you're adding in 2 more races and the cool down time for riders that requires. They went away from the...
Then it disrupts TV coverage because you're adding in 2 more races and the cool down time for riders that requires. They went away from the semis to streamline the event and make it more TV friendly, and now most of the rounds are live. So while bringing the semis back sounds great to the hardcore fan, in truth taking them away helps up the potential for outside exposure.
Yep unfortunately thats the truth, I'd love to see the semi's back to but would rather have the live or next day video.
mccread
12/23/2011 6:38am
Picard186 wrote:
I was just thinking, with the 450 class so stacked, would be better off going back to the old format with a heat, semi, and LCQ...
I was just thinking, with the 450 class so stacked, would be better off going back to the old format with a heat, semi, and LCQ. It would be good for fans, but also for anyone in a title hunt. If you got RV leading the points, and crashes in a heat race, and goes to the LCQ, wins that, he may get 19th gate pick. Whereas with the old format, he goes down in his heat race, wins his semi, he would be 9th or 10th gate pick. Would still give him a decent gate pick for the main. What do you guys think?
They definitely should have the semis back, makes the heat races better too.

More value for money for the fans who attend as well and lets the fans on tv see some more racing instead of pit parties.
pete24
12/23/2011 6:54am
at least give points for the heats so guys dont just ride around in qualifing pos

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
12/23/2011 7:51am
something else to consider would be more time to fix the track, with four-strokes the track gets worn down quicker...at least it seems like it to me.
The Rock
12/23/2011 8:20am
Shawn142 wrote:
Then it disrupts TV coverage because you're adding in 2 more races and the cool down time for riders that requires. They went away from the...
With the exception of the Vegas race I believe even the live races are slightly timed delayed so can't agree with your logic.
40Plus_922mx
12/23/2011 8:28am
I have a feeling we are going to see another barn burner of a year just like last year. My prediction is that the title will be won with the least amount of mistakes or bad luck ( Dungey).
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
12/23/2011 9:53am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2011 9:55am
Yep Dungey surely has a good chance. It's hard to speculate since you have all the top guns back this year. I like the semis too, but I can see Shawn142's point (slightly)

Post a reply to: Stacked Field, Old Format

The Latest