StL Dirt

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 1:27pm
Much as I hate to say it...but St. Louis sounds like a Villopoto track. The soil is reportedly primo, and we all know the tracks RV tends to do well on. He can hook up the rear tire for real...
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/29/2014 9:38am
With Stewart's recent form, Villopoto looking for vengeance, and this dirt.... fuck, I hope this race delivers something epic

Dezerted
3/29/2014 9:51am
I don't know why everyone thinks this! Villopoto is actually better on hard pack. Stewart has always been great on tracks with tons of traction (east coast).
3/29/2014 10:03am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 10:12am
Pretty sure the riders like whatever surface their team can get the bike working well on. The only real hard track that RV rode well on this year were PHX and SD. His wins are at Oakland (good, softish dirt), Daytona (SOFT and outdoor hybrid...not a true SX track), and PHX. On tracks other than PHX which could be characterized as hardpack he has gone 4, 5, 3, 2, 4. He has also directly said he does not like west coast type dirt as much.

As for St. Louis...watch last years race. Yes...RV had Stew...but that was last year. How much stronger is Stew this year? A little? A lot? My call...it will be whoever gets the start. If they get similar starts...Stew will take him. Toronto was good grippy dirt....and Stew has a great set up to start with. Coming off Toronto....edge goes to Stew.

The Shop

mrquick
3/29/2014 10:59am
Looks like a Trey Canard track....just saying.
kongols
3/29/2014 11:02am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 11:04am
mrquick wrote:
You must be stoked to see Trey back!Woohoo How you doing?
Outsider
3/29/2014 11:10am
RV doesn't stand any kind of a chance against lord Stewart and should just concede the title now to avoid the embarrassment losing so convincingly!

I read this on the Vital.
kongols
3/29/2014 11:12am
Outsider wrote:
RV doesn't stand any kind of a chance against lord Stewart and should just concede the title now to avoid the embarrassment losing so convincingly! I...
RV doesn't stand any kind of a chance against lord Stewart and should just concede the title now to avoid the embarrassment losing so convincingly!

Dumbass.
Outsider
3/29/2014 11:22am
kongols wrote:
Dumbass.
Right.

Guess you haven't been here all last week huh?

Who's the dumbass
mrquick
3/29/2014 11:36am
mrquick wrote:
kongols wrote:
You must be stoked to see Trey back!Woohoo How you doing?
Blessed to have the day....Thank you for asking...feeling good today and all giddy about Trey being back.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/29/2014 11:43am
kongols wrote:
That's awesome.

Can't imagine anyone not happy to see him back out there.
rcm406
3/29/2014 11:47am
Outsider wrote:
RV doesn't stand any kind of a chance against lord Stewart and should just concede the title now to avoid the embarrassment losing so convincingly! I...

Tumblin
3/29/2014 11:59am
mrquick wrote:
There's an Oklahoma hue to that track... and lots of surprises in that young man.
gharmon
3/29/2014 12:06pm
Pretty sure the riders like whatever surface their team can get the bike working well on. The only real hard track that RV rode well on...
Pretty sure the riders like whatever surface their team can get the bike working well on. The only real hard track that RV rode well on this year were PHX and SD. His wins are at Oakland (good, softish dirt), Daytona (SOFT and outdoor hybrid...not a true SX track), and PHX. On tracks other than PHX which could be characterized as hardpack he has gone 4, 5, 3, 2, 4. He has also directly said he does not like west coast type dirt as much.

As for St. Louis...watch last years race. Yes...RV had Stew...but that was last year. How much stronger is Stew this year? A little? A lot? My call...it will be whoever gets the start. If they get similar starts...Stew will take him. Toronto was good grippy dirt....and Stew has a great set up to start with. Coming off Toronto....edge goes to Stew.
And the fact that poto isn't going to throw a championship away to prove anything. Hopefully he can wrap it up a couple rounds early so we can see him not riding around in protection mode. I'm not saying Stewart can't win straight up, I'm just saying Poto doesn't have to win.

When Poto has to win I have never seen a better "pressure" rider than him. He just does not choke when something is on the line.
daemon616
3/29/2014 12:14pm
Starts starts starts. 4xsec laptimes. You blink and it's over.
3/29/2014 12:21pm
If the track is technical the race is stewarts. Rv n stew both like grippy dirt, i hate when tracks are highways n everyone is half a second apart. I know #7 crashes alot but if the tracks where more technical #2 wouldnt b going for his 4th title
3/29/2014 12:46pm
gharmon wrote:
And the fact that poto isn't going to throw a championship away to prove anything. Hopefully he can wrap it up a couple rounds early so...
And the fact that poto isn't going to throw a championship away to prove anything. Hopefully he can wrap it up a couple rounds early so we can see him not riding around in protection mode. I'm not saying Stewart can't win straight up, I'm just saying Poto doesn't have to win.

When Poto has to win I have never seen a better "pressure" rider than him. He just does not choke when something is on the line.
He didn't have to prove anything at Indy last year when he already had the points lead, and those dudes were moving. And his pass on Davi... [bulgey-eyed face]

Also: Villopoto routinely kicks asses at A1 and Vegas...10 to 1st at Phoenix...

he's never seemed that incompetent on dry stuff to me. Maybe he forgot how.
FlaNard
3/29/2014 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 1:04pm
I hate to be that guy but RV doesn't need to beat James. He'll take it if it's there but he won't risk giving these guys an in for the title by trying to prove a point. Like RC used to do to Reed. Build an early lead and protect it. RC didn't beat Chad much in the second half of the season prime for prime. Not like he just forgot how to ride all the sudden. RV may not win another race for the rest if the series if he doesn't get the start.
RMT
3/29/2014 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 1:27pm
kongols wrote:
I'm not a fanboy of any rider, but knowing how nice this kid is and all he has been through and still has a smile on his face, this picture is beautiful. I hope he has a great time tonight and that he knows, just being on the track is a win for a lot of his fans.

On another note, at that angle, the header pipe looks like it could snag something real easy. What , I dont know, but is looks weird.

Post a reply to: StL Dirt

The Latest