Spy Photos: The Production 2017 Honda CRF450R!

H4L
7/27/2016 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2016 1:34pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Keep the rvs up, dont lug in too high of a gear, dont whack the throttle or blip like a 2t.. Took me a while but...
Keep the rvs up, dont lug in too high of a gear, dont whack the throttle or blip like a 2t.. Took me a while but finally figured it out on my 13. And that was after having the ecu remapped!
I don't know why some have flameout issues and others like myself don't...I've stalled my bike maybe twice in like 28 hrs of riding time.. and...
I don't know why some have flameout issues and others like myself don't...I've stalled my bike maybe twice in like 28 hrs of riding time.. and I've wicked the throttle open quickly...bliped it and everything else...even at very low rpm's and my Honda rarely rarely stalls...no more or less than my 250 two stroke did...
kiwifan wrote:
I never had any flameout issues with my bike in 2015 either, it did happen once on my KXF this year but I cant remember the...
I never had any flameout issues with my bike in 2015 either, it did happen once on my KXF this year but I cant remember the circumstances ..no biggie
I believe the key is having the idle set between 1800-2000 rpms. Owned an 09 & now have a 10 CRF450r with the 50mm TB & haven't really had any issues with stalling. Had a couple of flame outs with the used 09 when I first bought it due to the idle being set lower from the previous owner.

If the 17 comes with spring forks that might be the deciding factor for me. The HP increase if it's true is a nice benefit, but not necessary IMHO. I still have yet to see anyone in my local area ride a 450 (since they came out) to it's full potential with a stock motor.
Tpog496
7/27/2016 1:43pm
Been on Honda's since '12 and never had a flame out issue.
kopfjaeger
7/27/2016 3:29pm
My flame outs or pop stalls are from racing off road. Not down shifting as far as a should have and trying to ride it like a 300. All good now though. ARC clutch perch and lever might help too
kiwifan
7/27/2016 3:35pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
My flame outs or pop stalls are from racing off road. Not down shifting as far as a should have and trying to ride it like...
My flame outs or pop stalls are from racing off road. Not down shifting as far as a should have and trying to ride it like a 300. All good now though. ARC clutch perch and lever might help too
a Rekluse auto clutch kit helps too

The Shop

kmp1219
7/27/2016 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2016 7:26pm
Love the lower profile front fender and the front number plate. So vintage. Wish they would come stock with the deep gold excel rims to match the forks and the royal blue seat cover to complete the retro Honda look.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
7/27/2016 5:10pm
kopfjaeger wrote:
Keep the rvs up, dont lug in too high of a gear, dont whack the throttle or blip like a 2t.. Took me a while but...
Keep the rvs up, dont lug in too high of a gear, dont whack the throttle or blip like a 2t.. Took me a while but finally figured it out on my 13. And that was after having the ecu remapped!
I don't know why some have flameout issues and others like myself don't...I've stalled my bike maybe twice in like 28 hrs of riding time.. and...
I don't know why some have flameout issues and others like myself don't...I've stalled my bike maybe twice in like 28 hrs of riding time.. and I've wicked the throttle open quickly...bliped it and everything else...even at very low rpm's and my Honda rarely rarely stalls...no more or less than my 250 two stroke did...
kiwifan wrote:
I never had any flameout issues with my bike in 2015 either, it did happen once on my KXF this year but I cant remember the...
I never had any flameout issues with my bike in 2015 either, it did happen once on my KXF this year but I cant remember the circumstances ..no biggie
I had the issue with my '15 KTM 450 when it was new, when whacking the throttle quickly at low RPM it would flame out. Turned the idle up and eliminated the issue.
NeedMoto
7/27/2016 6:39pm
Mx746 wrote:
Not opening the wallet until we know if Honda has fixed the flame out problem.
This^^^^^^^
Amen brother...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/28/2016 10:17am
Ted722 wrote:
Frame seems to have more resemblance to an '05-'08 frame than an '09 or later. That #1's going to look good on that thing in next...
Frame seems to have more resemblance to an '05-'08 frame than an '09 or later. That #1's going to look good on that thing in next year's Nationals.
And the #1 in the GPs... Well, I hope Gasjer runs the #1 plate...
kiwifan
7/28/2016 1:38pm
Ted722 wrote:
Frame seems to have more resemblance to an '05-'08 frame than an '09 or later. That #1's going to look good on that thing in next...
Frame seems to have more resemblance to an '05-'08 frame than an '09 or later. That #1's going to look good on that thing in next year's Nationals.
ML512 wrote:
And the #1 in the GPs... Well, I hope Gasjer runs the #1 plate...
A couple of years ago if this happened I would say Honda would force him to stay, nowadays I think they would tell him they would like him to stay and defend it but if he insisted on going to US then they would allow it...IMHO
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/28/2016 1:48pm
kiwifan wrote:
A couple of years ago if this happened I would say Honda would force him to stay, nowadays I think they would tell him they would...
A couple of years ago if this happened I would say Honda would force him to stay, nowadays I think they would tell him they would like him to stay and defend it but if he insisted on going to US then they would allow it...IMHO
From what I've been told, they're asking him to defend one year, then come full-time in 2018 if he still wants to.
MX558
7/28/2016 2:45pm
I was going to wait and get the Honda but got a great deal on a new 17 350sxf and could not be happier . This bike is amazing.
RJ91
8/2/2016 3:20am
9 days left until official info on this bike!
8/2/2016 4:58am
RJ91 wrote:
IDK man, ML512 did them a pretty good job hahaha
BobPA
8/2/2016 5:08am
kiwifan wrote:
A couple of years ago if this happened I would say Honda would force him to stay, nowadays I think they would tell him they would...
ML512 wrote:
From what I've been told, they're asking him to defend one year, then come full-time in 2018 if he still wants to.
You guys are handing out championships a bit pre mature aren't you??

Bike looks good, minus the dual exhaust.

How much is Honda paying you kiwifan? You are defending that thing to the death and have nooo idea what it is like..
RJ91
8/2/2016 5:30am
RJ91 wrote:
IDK man, ML512 did them a pretty good job hahaha
Yea you're 100% right! Wink
8/2/2016 9:43am
BobPA wrote:
You guys are handing out championships a bit pre mature aren't you?? Bike looks good, minus the dual exhaust. How much is Honda paying you kiwifan...

How much is Honda paying you kiwifan? You are defending that thing to the death and have nooo idea what it is like..
Well unless he gets injured it's pretty much a done deal... He has a 103 point lead over cairoli with 4 races to go..
kiwifan
8/2/2016 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2016 5:35pm
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
You guys are handing out championships a bit pre mature aren't you?? Bike looks good, minus the dual exhaust. How much is Honda paying you kiwifan...

Defending it? Just saying it looks the goods dude...thats pretty clear from the photos...yes I cant tell how much HP it makes from the photos or the power curve or how well the suspension works, of course I cant...but it looks promising ...if that is 'defending' it then my sincere humble apologies, we cant have people defending a honda product in Vital...I might get banned

hehehe
8/5/2016 7:28am
The key for me on this one is how bad Kiwi's dealer wants him on one of these things.
kiwifan
8/5/2016 3:42pm
The key for me on this one is how bad Kiwi's dealer wants him on one of these things.
lol you wont let that go eh? Smile

Post a reply to: Spy Photos: The Production 2017 Honda CRF450R!

The Latest