Sponsors - Or Not.

Roostermx58
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 10:16pm
I have never seen the swing arm blank on a pro bike. I know that RAM/Dodge didn't sign back on for at least SX but is the swing arm not prime real estate for logos? Is RCH wanting too much money for that spot or how does that work? Cudby Photo

|
Starcrossed
1/18/2016 7:05am
Front fender arch still vacant also...Sycuan's old spot.
IWreckALot
1/18/2016 7:07am
Speaking of sponsors, did anyone catch Reed thanking Fox and Shift. Do they both really sponsor him or was that a slip up?

Blank spots on bikes are warning signs to me. Before running a blank swingarm, I'd be tacking an existing sponsor on there in the meantime. What can it hurt to overexpose one of your sponsors? Sometimes, giving someone more than they paid for pays dividends in the end. . .
Roostermx58
1/18/2016 7:11am
IWreckALot wrote:
Speaking of sponsors, did anyone catch Reed thanking Fox and Shift. Do they both really sponsor him or was that a slip up? Blank spots on...
Speaking of sponsors, did anyone catch Reed thanking Fox and Shift. Do they both really sponsor him or was that a slip up?

Blank spots on bikes are warning signs to me. Before running a blank swingarm, I'd be tacking an existing sponsor on there in the meantime. What can it hurt to overexpose one of your sponsors? Sometimes, giving someone more than they paid for pays dividends in the end. . .
Fox/Shift are same company. Fox boots and Shift gear for Reedy.

The Shop

Starcrossed
1/18/2016 7:14am
IWreckALot wrote:
Speaking of sponsors, did anyone catch Reed thanking Fox and Shift. Do they both really sponsor him or was that a slip up? Blank spots on...

I believe the school of thought is that it is somehow more enticing to prospective sponsors, to visualize their logo where that blank spot is. How about, "Your Ad Here."
I thought it would be a great place for a VitalMX sticker, since there aren't any others out there , that I'm aware of. Apparently it's cost prohibitive.
Sandberm
1/18/2016 7:23am
So, if the RCH team has ad space available on their bike that they havn't sold should we be concerned about the financial health and thus the future of the team?
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
1/18/2016 7:33am
I think that freaky fast decal would look cool on the swing arm........
KMC440
1/18/2016 7:33am
Ken should rock the vital fendiez for practice at least ... can I get an AMEN from the people !!!
WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Sandberm
1/18/2016 7:54am
I heard Ricky was paid in Vitalmx stickers for answering the 3 or 4 questions when he did the Vitard Question of The Week segment.

I still have a hard-on about that complete waste of time.

I have no idea what a "fendiez" is but out of respect to KMC440,... Amen
Starcrossed
1/18/2016 7:58am
KMC440 wrote:
Ken should rock the vital fendiez for practice at least ... can I get an AMEN from the people !!!
WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Oh hell yeah, but you're gonna need more than that. I thought "Jumping" Johnny Jelderda was inked to a long term deal to fly the Vital colors, but he got hurt outdoors last year, now he's back racing SX without this site's logos. It would be nice to see somebody pick them back up.
Starcrossed
1/18/2016 7:59am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 7:59am
Sandberm wrote:
I heard Ricky was paid in Vitalmx stickers for answering the 3 or 4 questions when he did the Vitard Question of The Week segment. I...
I heard Ricky was paid in Vitalmx stickers for answering the 3 or 4 questions when he did the Vitard Question of The Week segment.

I still have a hard-on about that complete waste of time.

I have no idea what a "fendiez" is but out of respect to KMC440,... Amen
fendiez = stickers on the front fender.
Motofinne
1/18/2016 8:03am
Sandberm wrote:
So, if the RCH team has ad space available on their bike that they havn't sold should we be concerned about the financial health and thus...
So, if the RCH team has ad space available on their bike that they havn't sold should we be concerned about the financial health and thus the future of the team?
That was my first thought when i saw the blank swingarm in the RCH team photoshoot.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, but who knows?
1/18/2016 8:08am
IWreckALot wrote:

Fox/Shift are same company. Fox boots and Shift gear for Reedy.
Reed has also been wearing Fox helmets since he started wearing Shift
Roostermx58
1/18/2016 8:12am
dsmith wrote:
I think that freaky fast decal would look cool on the swing arm........
My thought exactly.
RJMX834
1/18/2016 8:16am
Sandberm wrote:
So, if the RCH team has ad space available on their bike that they havn't sold should we be concerned about the financial health and thus...
Motofinne wrote:
That was my first thought when i saw the blank swingarm in the RCH team photoshoot.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, but who knows?
+2
IWreckALot
1/18/2016 8:27am
Sandberm wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm concerned as in I have a vested interest in the team. But seeing blank ad spots on a factory supported team is rare as the OP pointed out. Especially prime real estate like the swingarm. Starcrossed makes a valid point about prospective sponsors being able to visualize their name there.

The topic is worth talking about. Beats some of the other speculation going on around here.
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2139th
1/18/2016 8:31am
Some people on here really don't know anything about our sport. Fox/shift same company Evil
1/18/2016 8:39am
Anyone know what that swinger spot would cost a company for the rest of SX season 14 rounds (allowing another week for the deal to get done) ??

Sandberm
1/18/2016 8:44am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 8:48am
Well, isnt that why the Larry Brooks, Jeremy McGrath team went out of business? They couldnt get enough sponsorship? Same goes for the Jeff Ward team.

Does Ricky have enough backing from Jimmy Johns,Soaring Eagle and Suzuki? I assume Roczens salary is a hell of a lot more then Andrew Shorts was and all other costs are going to be equal.

And they have to pay Tickle too.

Mini Elsinore
1/18/2016 8:46am
Looks clean in bare alloy. Still, I would at least have a RCH sticker on it-----or a charity, such as R2R (which would be deductible....).
DeStouwer
1/18/2016 8:53am
In the 2005 (or 2006?) GP pre season Everts rode with a big questionmark on his shirt after tobacco was banned from sponsordeals. Right before the GP's got off he got a new sponsor. I think it was a personal sponsor as Yamaha Rinaldi can't be named a small team.

So it's not that uncommon, but it is rare, indeed.
Roostermx58
1/18/2016 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 8:58am
Some people on here really don't know anything about our sport. Fox/shift same company Evil
Ok - Fox owns Shift (Shift is a division of Fox). Better?
ga_pike
1/18/2016 9:33am
Would be a good spot for a Suszuki logo
kkawboy14
1/18/2016 9:35am
Sandberm wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm concerned as in I have a vested interest in the team. But seeing blank ad spots on a factory supported team is...
I wouldn't say I'm concerned as in I have a vested interest in the team. But seeing blank ad spots on a factory supported team is rare as the OP pointed out. Especially prime real estate like the swingarm. Starcrossed makes a valid point about prospective sponsors being able to visualize their name there.

The topic is worth talking about. Beats some of the other speculation going on around here.
#IWreckALot would look cool on the swing arm as a big thx for your investment!
Loftin79
1/18/2016 9:36am
I would say leaving it blank would let companies know that there is a advertising spot available.
Roscoe33
1/18/2016 10:41am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 10:43am
not when you have a customer that bashes FOX as soon as they come in the door.

The fact we're talking about the swing arm space tells me somebody is still paying attention.
IWreckALot
1/18/2016 11:12am
Sandberm wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm concerned as in I have a vested interest in the team. But seeing blank ad spots on a factory supported team is...

kkawboy14 wrote:
#IWreckALot would look cool on the swing arm as a big thx for your investment!
Probably the best idea you've ever had. Ha. I'll call Ricky and see what he says.
Roostermx58
1/18/2016 11:20am
IWreckALot wrote:
Probably the best idea you've ever had. Ha. I'll call Ricky and see what he says.
Since you are ringing him, can you also bring this topic to his attention? Great, thanks!
1/18/2016 11:43am
Need to save as much weight as possible on that pig
You know that weight has benefits as well in terms of traction, stability and with the right frame / steering geometry can also aid in cornering?

After hearing so many jokes about RCH folding earlier this year, seeing the loss of two of their larger sponsors and the " Kenny to HRC " rumor mill I can't help but wonder.

RCH is a standout program, their history in the sport and coming to the forefront as a factory backed effort with world class riders and their image, marketing etc makes them one of the more valuable teams in the sport in my eyes. even last week while the Factory Yosh guys were out they were representing suzuki and kenny was extremely competitive.. One of the teams I don't want to see leave the sport for any reason. even if they lost kenny

Post a reply to: Sponsors - Or Not.

The Latest