Spoke with my wallet twice

1/31/2016 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2016 3:23pm
Step 1 purchased a low hour 2014 KX450
Step 2 purchased a 2015 Timbersled long track
Wow! what a great time !!!

I highly recommend this combo of fun.

It is not a replacement for mountain sleds but it opens up a whole new world,mainly trees and steep side hilling.

|
JBernard_401
1/31/2016 11:11pm
background scenery looks horrible. no idea why you live there.
1/31/2016 11:24pm
background scenery looks horrible. no idea why you live there.
We take it one day at a time Smile
2/1/2016 12:25am
That looks like an incredible place to live. I've only ever seen snow twice here in South Africa, and it's always more hard pack ice than fluffy snow by the time I get to it. Upside is I get to ride all year round Smile

Anyway, nice purchase man!
2/1/2016 12:56am
Yea I'd have a Yamaha viper if I lived there. That's beautiful.

The Shop

mayzo
2/1/2016 2:12am
WOW, That's more snow in that valley than an entire Australian ski season.

Only ever skied twice, in slush many many years ago.
Reggsie
2/1/2016 2:15am
That is something I have got to try.

It's a bit surreal seeing stuff like this when it's about a million degrees and 500% humidity at the moment here in Brisbane.
Rdubs19
2/1/2016 3:07am
I have never ridden one of those so I can't say if I'm jealous of the machine, but I can say I'm damn jealous of your fantastic scenery
Grizz
2/1/2016 4:45am
I want to try tone of those so bad! Don't think it will work that great in Florida though Laughing
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/1/2016 5:11am
Looks like a great time. Is that all public land and you can ride wherever you want? By your first picture looks like there is a little "posted" sign saying not to go there, how much is off limits?
c0ncEpT
2/1/2016 5:50am
Does it feel under powered when your climbing steep hills or riding in deep powder? It just looks like that track would take a lot of power to turn and has a lot more surface area than a dirt tire.
2/1/2016 8:19am
yak651 wrote:
Looks like a great time. Is that all public land and you can ride wherever you want? By your first picture looks like there is a...
Looks like a great time. Is that all public land and you can ride wherever you want? By your first picture looks like there is a little "posted" sign saying not to go there, how much is off limits?
You are correct, there are some wilderness boundaries, but for the most part you'd be hard pressed to get to all the open areas in a lifetime.The volcano in the background is Mt Bachelor, it's got high speed lift access to the top. Bachelor isn't known as the one of the premiere ski area's of the West compared to a Whistler or Vail etc... but it's a pretty sweet little corner of the world to hang out in. The American West has been having a stellar winter this year with 347" (8.8 meters)to date of snowfall. You Aussies have an open door policy to get to BC for work etc... you want to talk about the most amazing scenery go check out the Rockies in British Columbia.
2/1/2016 8:39am
c0ncEpT wrote:
Does it feel under powered when your climbing steep hills or riding in deep powder? It just looks like that track would take a lot of...
Does it feel under powered when your climbing steep hills or riding in deep powder? It just looks like that track would take a lot of power to turn and has a lot more surface area than a dirt tire.
You would think by looking at it the bike wouldn't be able to get out of it's own way.It's what I thought until my buddy let me ride his. It's look is completely deceiving when it comes to handling and weight. They haul ass and float in the deep powder better than you can imagine.They technically only add about 50lbs to your bike. They definitely won't climb up a vertical cornice like a 180hp mountain sled but it will climb big stuff, just not straight up when you get to the steep steep, you just side hill your way up. They will side hill through the tight trees that only the most experienced sled rider could consider carefully while on the snowbike you just carve wherever you want it to go laughing all the way Smile You ride it like a motorcycle not a snowmobile(no climbing all over the machine to get it to turn and sidehill) In deep powder they get stuck less than sleds, you can stop dead in 4 feet of fresh and just tractor away. The reason I bought the long track, I want to ride deep power most of the time and the long track delivers in the deep. In the trees it's like a quad vs motorcycle, the sled simply can't fit where the bike does. This fact alone opens up tens of thousands of acres that sleds never even consider going, leaving endless untouched powder for snow bikes. My hardcore sled buddies all bag on them, until they try one Smile
Trav138
2/1/2016 8:43am
Looks like fun. You are living the life for sure. Some of my greatest memories were on sleds during Mt's winters.

MXA did an awesome article on Timbersleds, may have been last year or year before. Something i would like to try someday.
jeffro503
2/1/2016 9:02am
Holy crap Patrick , that looks like fun! So envious of your life right now you bastard! TongueLaughingLaughing
jeffro503
2/1/2016 9:09am
hammertime wrote:
check out my buddy reeg sieg. he's a pioneer in this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHg3rBqyBYQ
Reagan puts some great footage on his instagram. That guy is definitely pushing the limits of the craft. I'm just a broken down vet racer looking...
Reagan puts some great footage on his instagram. That guy is definitely pushing the limits of the craft. I'm just a broken down vet racer looking for a soft landing lol
WOW!.....I'm actually speechless right now. Does billy ride the local NW moto scene? He kind of looks familiar. Dude has some skills for sure.
2/1/2016 9:26am
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy crap Patrick , that looks like fun! So envious of your life right now you bastard! TongueLaughingLaughing
Well, Jeff, I appreciate that but, at the moment I am lying in bed recovering from a failed femur rod removal attempt lol But in 5 weeks you can go back to being envious of my life lol... How are ya man? It's been too long!
2/1/2016 9:31am
jeffro503 wrote:
WOW!.....I'm actually speechless right now. Does billy ride the local NW moto scene? He kind of looks familiar. Dude has some skills for sure.
I think Sieg is a BC rider.
2/1/2016 9:51am
How does that turn? can you learn into it like a bike or does it like to stay upright and push itself out in turns?!
hammertime
2/1/2016 9:53am
hammertime wrote:
check out my buddy reeg sieg. he's a pioneer in this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHg3rBqyBYQ
Reagan puts some great footage on his instagram. That guy is definitely pushing the limits of the craft. I'm just a broken down vet racer looking...
Reagan puts some great footage on his instagram. That guy is definitely pushing the limits of the craft. I'm just a broken down vet racer looking for a soft landing lol
jeffro503 wrote:
You would probably recognize him as a former pro Mx/freestyle guy. He was around from the start and did all those circuits etc.
2/1/2016 10:05am
How does that turn? can you learn into it like a bike or does it like to stay upright and push itself out in turns?!
You just lean and go. In powder it's like a dream where you are riding on a cloud and can go wherever you want at any moment he he.......
2/1/2016 10:06am
hammertime wrote:
You would probably recognize him as a former pro Mx/freestyle guy. He was around from the start and did all those circuits etc.
Have you gotten out with him yet? It looks like he is doing a lot of demos these days...
jeffro503
2/1/2016 2:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well, Jeff, I appreciate that but, at the moment I am lying in bed recovering from a failed femur rod removal attempt lol But in 5...
Well, Jeff, I appreciate that but, at the moment I am lying in bed recovering from a failed femur rod removal attempt lol But in 5 weeks you can go back to being envious of my life lol... How are ya man? It's been too long!
Oh damn brother , I didn't know! When I get home from work tonight I'll give you a call. Heal up soon man. And prepare for some serious roostage this summer!
jeffro503
2/1/2016 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 2:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
hammertime wrote:
Ahhh , maybe that's it. The name sounded familiar , but dang it seems like I've seen or met him before. Did he do any of the NW vet races around 10yrs ago? Or even before that , any local MX stuff down this way?
hammertime
2/1/2016 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 4:44pm
jeffro503 wrote:
hammertime wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Ahhh , maybe that's it. The name sounded familiar , but dang it seems like I've seen or met him before. Did he do any of...
Ahhh , maybe that's it. The name sounded familiar , but dang it seems like I've seen or met him before. Did he do any of the NW vet races around 10yrs ago? Or even before that , any local MX stuff down this way?
I doubt it. Pretty much as soon as he was racing pro moto up here he got wrapped up in freestyle, i had quit pro moto by then and we all just rode local, had a great crew of riders. me, andy bell, kris garwasiuk, reeg, rick heddle....then he was on metzgers freestyle team with that ryno wrap stuff on the yz 250's then did a femur....from then on he made a living being his own traveling circus doing freestyle at festivals ect in western canada. when timbersleds hit, he was in first then boom...he's the man now. super awesome dude above all else!
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
2/1/2016 7:57pm
You definitely spoke with your wallet to say something. Whatever that thing is, I like the motorcycle part. Cool build!
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3219th
2/3/2016 3:23pm
Rad man! Hey Pat, when are we going to meet up? My location is semi close to yours haha

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet twice

The Latest