Spoke with my wallet

PJRAUS
Edited Date/Time 11/20/2017 5:35pm
And spoke very quickly when this came up on Gumtree
2013 YZ 250 f SE
$3600!!!.
It has done no work at all, stock everything and the back tyre is barely rounded off.
It looks to have done less work than my 17 450 which only has 3.5 hours on it.
I like the look of that generation yz 250 f, apparently the handled a bit better than the new generation model, and they are a bit lighter.
For that money, I have room in the budget for a decent exhaust system, a Moto Tassinari v4orce air boot and maybe a hi comp piston.
Should make it more competitive against the newer bikes.
Already found some spare wheels for it..complete, just pulled of a 13 like this and done no work for $550
Was wanting a YZ 250 two stroke to race in the lites class but I'm totally over the stupid prices they fetch

|
JackkyT
11/20/2017 12:38am
Nice mate, How did you pick it up for so cheap?
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 1:02am
JackkyT wrote:
Nice mate, How did you pick it up for so cheap?
It was on Gumtree ,seller was a guy that buys and Sells mx bikes all the time. He usually has six or eight bikes for sale at any one time.
He just goes for quick turnover and always favours buyers with folding cash.
I'm looking at a couple of these here in Victoria on gumtree at the moment.
Might make an offer of about 3k on one that has about 40 hrs on it.
Then I will have a 125 to race in the gold cup rounds at the nationals next year, this 250 and my 450 to race in the lites, opens and over 45's at the vics next year.
Another 250 f would be my practice bike and it would give me an extra set of wheels for tyre choice at the races
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 1:42am
wsc96 wrote:
Wow. Bargain Woohoo
I reckon! I was that stoked that when I got home from work with it Friday night ( I picked her up on my way through Melbourne ) that I just sat out on top of my Engel fridge in the garage admiring it, and my other bikes..
When I came to my senses I realised I'd had 9 beers and 5 bourbon cans..bad idea keeping the Engel out in the garage.
Time to get off the piss again and get myself ready for the coming race season

The Shop

wsc96
Fantasy
451st
11/20/2017 1:50am
PJRAUS wrote:
I reckon! I was that stoked that when I got home from work with it Friday night ( I picked her up on my way through...
I reckon! I was that stoked that when I got home from work with it Friday night ( I picked her up on my way through Melbourne ) that I just sat out on top of my Engel fridge in the garage admiring it, and my other bikes..
When I came to my senses I realised I'd had 9 beers and 5 bourbon cans..bad idea keeping the Engel out in the garage.
I like it. Congrats!

For some reason VIC seems to have great used bike (and car) deals. Got both my two most recent purchases from down there.
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 2:03am
wsc96 wrote:
I like it. Congrats! For some reason VIC seems to have great used bike (and car) deals. Got both my two most recent purchases from down...
I like it. Congrats!

For some reason VIC seems to have great used bike (and car) deals. Got both my two most recent purchases from down there.
I dunno.... I'm constantly looking at mx bikes on Gumtree and bikesales and it seems to me like all the cheapest bikes are either in West Australia or Queensland.
In any case , this was one for the ages, when I found a set of stock wheels, all complete for $550... I thought I'd been kissed on the dick by a fairy or something...shoulda bought a lotter ticket on the weekend..
yz133rider
11/20/2017 7:37am
Look into the gytr head upgrade instead of exhaust and intake, should be much more effective per dollar!
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 11:40am
yz133rider wrote:
Look into the gytr head upgrade instead of exhaust and intake, should be much more effective per dollar!
Yes, I've been looking on the Internet for a GYTR head, haven't seen one yet.
Have you had any experience with using one?
Mini Elsinore
11/20/2017 11:46am
wsc96 wrote:
Wow. Bargain Woohoo
PJRAUS wrote:
I reckon! I was that stoked that when I got home from work with it Friday night ( I picked her up on my way through...
Garage drinkin with a new scooter!
Man, it does not get any better than that...
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 5:31pm
Garage drinkin with a new scooter!
Man, it does not get any better than that...
Yeah it was pretty good!
PJRAUS
11/20/2017 5:35pm
Kx125rider wrote:
Thats a bargain. Congrats.
Thanks mate, yeah it sure is a bargain.
There was gonna be an afternoon practice session at my local track on Saturday, so I was getting stuck into checking the bike over and getting it ready, but it started belting down with rain and they cancelled .
Don't know when I'll ge to ride next

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet

The Latest