Speedway Rd 2 Grand Prix Of Poland

Edited Date/Time 5/16/2016 7:11pm
http://speedwaygp.com/live_stream

Racing in Grand Prix 193 of 194 in GP series history three time champ and American legend Greg Hancock chases another medal at 45 years old. He finished strong last year and scored 10 points at round 1 in Slovenia to start off this year.. With the full cast healthy and hungry the racing will be tough.
http://speedwaygp.com/rider/greg-hancock

There will be over 50,000 fans in the biggest stadium in Poland and it it will be supercharged atmosphere for round 2.
Hopefully the track will shape up to provide some good racing. With great action on the track and some rock n roll in between races the Polish fans love speedway and their racers. Three of the eleven Gp's will be held in Poland.
Along with the cast of former world champions this GP will include four young Polish racers who are all under 21 champions, three are regulars in the series plus the wild card entry for this round.

Slovenia GP highlights, Nicki claims he has no complaints about the hard racing. He is tough and races hard.
http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/4836/video-krsko-highlight-reel
|
hillbilly
5/13/2016 8:48pm
Right on.

So the link on my firestick.,see if it hooks me up.

The Shop

hillbilly
5/14/2016 11:07am
Thanks,been tryin to get on for an hour,site is down or something.
hillbilly
5/14/2016 1:00pm
Awsome,appreciate the heads up.

Thought Greg was going to get him one,the heat he won from blue was kil er.

I bet the crowd noise in that place is deafening.
PressPassP
5/16/2016 8:22am
That was a great GP,Woffy's have incredible track craft,things are happening so damn fast,his reactions are pretty awesome
5/16/2016 10:27am
Woffinden reminds me of John Cook riding at IMS.
In handicap racing Cook would start on the 50 yard line and rip around the outside in the dirt close to the wall until he was in the lead and then pull it down to the inside sometimes riding with one wheel inside the pipe.

Polish final.

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/4876/video-warsaw-final-replay
jtetchila1
5/16/2016 7:11pm
I had the opportunity to spend a month in the UK riding Speedway for the 2011 US Touring Team. What an experience, the level of talent over there was amazing. I think my best night over there, I scored 3 points and I was thrilled.
PressPassP
6/11/2016 7:40am
hillbilly wrote:
Danish gp ,countdown clock says 11 hours till race.

Track looks primo.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/
jemcee wrote:
Nah it shouldn't be 11 hours.. My guide says it starts here at 3am and it's 10pm now
It's 3.40pm here in England now and is starts at 6 so on the tv planner it's obviously 2.20 hours if that helps
hillbilly
6/11/2016 8:41am
hillbilly wrote:
Danish gp ,countdown clock says 11 hours till race.

Track looks primo.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/
jemcee wrote:
Nah it shouldn't be 11 hours.. My guide says it starts here at 3am and it's 10pm now
PressPassP wrote:
It's 3.40pm here in England now and is starts at 6 so on the tv planner it's obviously 2.20 hours if that helps
Yeah,thanks.
hillbilly
6/11/2016 8:48am
can't wait............. although I might have to put the other TV next to it so I can watch the England match as well

The track looks awsome in the practice video.
hillbilly
6/11/2016 1:20pm
I enjoy that racing so much. Intensive.

Greg got away with one,shame he couldn't make the final.

And what's up with #3? Dude is crazy,kept checking his hair in the mirror.
6/11/2016 1:35pm
hillbilly wrote:
I enjoy that racing so much. Intensive. Greg got away with one,shame he couldn't make the final. And what's up with #3? Dude is crazy,kept checking...

#3 was probably thinking he sure wanted to bring the Mrs. a trophy.

Mrs. #3 Helen Huttman
https://www.google.com/search?q=helene+h%C3%BCttmann&biw=1280&bih=602&t…
hillbilly
6/11/2016 3:16pm
hillbilly wrote:
I enjoy that racing so much. Intensive. Greg got away with one,shame he couldn't make the final. And what's up with #3? Dude is crazy,kept checking...

#3 was probably thinking he sure wanted to bring the Mrs. a trophy. Mrs. #3 Helen Huttman https://www.google.com/search?q=helene+h%C3%BCttmann&biw=1280&bih=602&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjPhfm-5qDNAhVXzWMKHf9SAzsQ7AkILA&dpr=1.25#imgrc=_
#3 was probably thinking he sure wanted to bring the Mrs. a trophy.

Mrs. #3 Helen Huttman
https://www.google.com/search?q=helene+h%C3%BCttmann&biw=1280&bih=602&t…
Makes sense now.
block75
6/11/2016 4:03pm
The #3 is Nicki Pedrrson and he would have to be one of the most hated riders in the GP, he consistently pushes the boundary between hard racing and takeouts, Greg Hancock is a pretty chilled out guy and even Nicki Pedrrson got under his skin that much one race where he tried some very suspect passes and put him into the fence that Hancock run 50m down the track and hit him, boy he can ride but he is one that just goes to far very often
6/11/2016 8:07pm
Nicki P is such an asswipe ..... he is the panto villain... the guy who is either looking to be dirty or diving like the worst footie (soccer) player.............most guys know where the limit is but he consistently puts guys well being at risk

the Greg thing goes back to 2004 Prague GP where this happened:

I was at this GP but the memories of this incident are a bit hazy as there had been a 90 minute rain break in the middle where the beer tent was hit hard Laughing

and the more recent incident Block is talking about is this one from Swedish league racing last year where he basically pulled the same move:

https://youtu.be/8_CpuipYZ_A

the most respected clothesline in speedway Woohoo
6/11/2016 8:15pm
hillbilly wrote:

Greg really is incredible ... a real force of nature to be doing it at his age .............. Ivan Mauger rode at 50 but not at world championship level since his 30's ........... Greg is 46.. still the quickest out of the gate and the smartest on track

and he is an all round great guy as well Cool
Bearuno
6/11/2016 10:47pm
Greg really is incredible ... a real force of nature to be doing it at his age .............. Ivan Mauger rode at 50 but not at...
Greg really is incredible ... a real force of nature to be doing it at his age .............. Ivan Mauger rode at 50 but not at world championship level since his 30's ........... Greg is 46.. still the quickest out of the gate and the smartest on track

and he is an all round great guy as well Cool

Quite the Arsehole, Pedersen seems to be. But, a very successful one. He and Hancock present a remarkable contrast.

Every year when I go to Europe, I hook up with my Danish relo's, and, generally take my 2 young Nieces to the MXDN and / or a few GPs. I love that they so enjoy spending time with their weird old Aussie 'Uncle', though it's becoming ever more stressful as both are tall, beautiful blondes, and I really get pissed off with a lot of blokes hitting on them....

Anyway, the girls / their parents are complete Motorcycle freaks - but, even being compatriots of him, and admiring his sporting achievements, they all are less than 'fans' of his. They regard him as a nasty bastard., and, I've seen the girls scolded for using , what I assume were rather rude, Danish words when referring to him.

SGP has realized the benefits of allowing a bit of 'drama' within the meetings, for a long time - giving the riders / teams a fair bit of leeway when it comes to scuffles with each other / argueing with officials - in other forms of the sport, you'd be in deep shit of you verbally abused an official for a decision you thought was wrong, or, so much as laid a hand on another rider.. But, it seems to work, and good will seems to be prevalent, much of the time.

It's a wildly intense sport, with a fair amount of contact, be it accidental, or deliberate. Hancock is the Gentleman / Elder statesman of the sport - a true great, well up there with any in Motorsport.

When this thread started, I knew Gollob's Steel Shoe would get here, He's a bit more unique than the usual MX 'Fan Boy' we get. Look up Gollob - a fantastic rider
jemcee
6/12/2016 1:39am
I've only recently got into speedway but I reckon it rules! Like Hillbilly said quick intense races heaps of passes and I like how the boys aren't scared to fire up haha Also doesn't hurt there's a few Aussies in there going good..
Pederson is definitely a dick! Youtube is full of people getting the shits and wanting to punch on with him.
This Aussie wildcard wasn't gonna let him get away with riding like a knob ache haha

6/12/2016 7:34am
cheers Bearuno....i'm suprised I didnt see it earlier in the year

sounds like those trips to see your family are fun ...do you ever get to a Danish speedway track? Their programs for the kids are second to none......good to know that some of them see it with Pedersen as well though..... I was very surprised when the crowd boo'd Woffinden last night after what was clearly Nicki's fault........ I blame Ole Olsen for the way Nicki is, as it was him who took him under his wing and taught him the dark arts

I was impressed with Masters that day Jemcee ....... most guys in their first GP would get walked over by the likes of Pedersen.....same old move again though eh? ....There is shutting the door & there is being a dangerous twat............. nice to see Leigh Adams in that clip - he was pure class on track

It's also been rumbling between Matej Zagar & Pedersen for the last few years

and as for Gollob (the man who is ready for retirement) ..... this is him trying to break down the team riding of Woffinden & Milik in Polish League Racing.....he is a wizard!

6/12/2016 7:41am
jtetchila1 wrote:
I had the opportunity to spend a month in the UK riding Speedway for the 2011 US Touring Team. What an experience, the level of talent...
I had the opportunity to spend a month in the UK riding Speedway for the 2011 US Touring Team. What an experience, the level of talent over there was amazing. I think my best night over there, I scored 3 points and I was thrilled.
I just noticed this

that would have been a good experience and well supported.... I know the hard work that goes into the tours and the good feeling .... what tracks did you ride? .....Rye House, Mildenhall & Peterborough are my local tracks

do you still race?
Bearuno
6/12/2016 5:23pm
Hey Gollob.

I've got to a couple of Danish races - don't ask me what track(s), I just follow my relo's around, and enjoy myself. A few in Poland, which, one got a bit hairy. It seemed a little bit of the nastiness that is present at their football games, was spilling over into speedway one night. Made the mistake of going to a football game near Lodz once - shizer, that was bloody tribal, in the extreme, Never, Ever again.

The Ole' Olsen you mention - the Speedway rider, or the Rally rider.? Met the Speedway one quite a few times, decades ago, as the promoter of Liverpool Speedway here in OZ, Mike. Raymond, who's son I made frames for, was heavily involved in BMX, and, Ole' went to quite a few BMX races with the Raymonds . The Rally Rider one, I got to know with the Wynns Safari / Australia Safari, as I worked at the Acerbis importers, and he glomed onto us there. Leaving his 'swedish princess' behind to rule the roost / drive us mad with her behavior, whilst he did the Safari. He was / is, somewhat of a raconteur.

Have to get around to my brothers place to watch this weekends SGP - he has a Ginormous TV / Movie room, He and his wife are quite fanatical about Speedway, watch it all the time, and record the events for me to see, whilst draining their Bourbon stocks and eating them out of house and home. It's weird with those two, they love Speedway, but despise SX, describing it as a bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, jump , jump jump bounce bounce wank fest. It's hard to argue against that, at times, but I don't see why it doesn't appeal to them beyond that. - can't get them to recognize the skills and bravery of the riders - family, can be unfathomable. .
jtetchila1
6/13/2016 7:42pm
jtetchila1 wrote:
I had the opportunity to spend a month in the UK riding Speedway for the 2011 US Touring Team. What an experience, the level of talent...
I just noticed this that would have been a good experience and well supported.... I know the hard work that goes into the tours and the...
I just noticed this

that would have been a good experience and well supported.... I know the hard work that goes into the tours and the good feeling .... what tracks did you ride? .....Rye House, Mildenhall & Peterborough are my local tracks

do you still race?
I rode Rye House, Wolverhampton (my favorite) Workington, New Castle, Plymouth, and some others, but I cannot remember their names. I promote Mid-America Speedway here in Indianapolis, and then also ride an indoor ice touring series in the winters. Several UK riders have been over for the ice tour over the years, and I am still friends with probably a dozen or more.

Post a reply to: Speedway Rd 2 Grand Prix Of Poland

The Latest