Speaking of USGP

MrMJS
8/2/2010 8:49am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:23pm
Why not have a combined AMA/GP event??? Points for both series... Attendance would be great, set up a nice TV package.. sounds like a win win to me.

Have to work out the regulations for the bikes but that shouldn't be to hard.... Set it up DC! Somewhere in the North East please! Smile
|
TerryK
8/2/2010 9:40am
Dream on.
calimxer91
8/2/2010 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2011 4:43pm
mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
8/2/2010 6:22pm
I just want a SX in the Northeast....thats all I'm asking
The Rock
8/3/2010 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2010 7:42pm
MrMJS wrote:
Why not have a combined AMA/GP event??? Points for both series... Attendance would be great, set up a nice TV package.. sounds like a win win...
Why not have a combined AMA/GP event??? Points for both series... Attendance would be great, set up a nice TV package.. sounds like a win win to me.

Have to work out the regulations for the bikes but that shouldn't be to hard.... Set it up DC! Somewhere in the North East please! Smile
Obviously a lot of issues to resolve before this would happen but in theory this could work. Have the last National be a combination race followed by the USGP. It would give Youthstream two US races plus add excitement to the last National in the event the title is already decided before the last round. Look how many times in the last five years at least one of the series champion was already determined before the last race.

This set up could be a test drive before considering expanding the concept into a four race series like the Trans Am series in days of yore. :-)

The Shop

500guy
8/3/2010 7:56pm
Why the fuck the USA series would give a fuck to make the greedy GP's look good ?

it's already been proven time and again there is very little interest in the GP's here in the USA.

even MXA is starting to flip back from their flop.
wullyc
8/3/2010 10:22pm
Another top post from 500. Well thought out and put across so well.
You should write for peoples magazine.
The Rock
8/3/2010 10:32pm
500guy wrote:
Why the fuck the USA series would give a fuck to make the greedy GP's look good ? it's already been proven time and again there...
Why the fuck the USA series would give a fuck to make the greedy GP's look good ?

it's already been proven time and again there is very little interest in the GP's here in the USA.

You are still confusing with talking up the USGP as MXA changing their perspective. MXA never flopped to begin with.....what is being written now is the same as what was written earlier.

Not sure how spicing up the last National would make the GPs look good....I am not a promoter, I don't run a racing organization...I'm a fan....and from my fan's perspective think what is being discussed would be pretty cool.
the_wood109
8/3/2010 10:42pm
500guy wrote:
Why the fuck the USA series would give a fuck to make the greedy GP's look good ? it's already been proven time and again there...

The Rock wrote:
You are [b]still [/b]confusing with talking up the USGP as MXA changing their perspective. MXA never flopped to begin with.....what is being written now is the...
You are still confusing with talking up the USGP as MXA changing their perspective. MXA never flopped to begin with.....what is being written now is the same as what was written earlier.

Not sure how spicing up the last National would make the GPs look good....I am not a promoter, I don't run a racing organization...I'm a fan....and from my fan's perspective think what is being discussed would be pretty cool.
I think having a combined event would be a temporary fix to hype up racing a bit, but long term, there should be a MotoGP of motocross. The 40 best riders in the world, riding the best tracks in the world. Not Europe, not the US....in the world.

The question is...would this make the racing any tighter? I don't think it would. I think that one guy would rise above.

However, its has a few advantages. First of all; sponsors, race teams, television would have a bit easier way to budget and the logistics would be easier in some ways. It might be easier to land a TV deal. It would be easier to hype up on a world stage, IMO. The US nats can learn a bit from the GPs, and the GPs could learn a bit from the US. It could be a win-win, or at least a truce.

Post a reply to: Speaking of USGP

The Latest