Southeast Area LLQ recheduled & relocated.

Jakes Dad
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2015 7:31pm
I was wondering how a track that hasn't even opened yet was going to pull this off, looks like they won't now.

Southeast Area Qualifier Rescheduled and Relocated

The Southeast Area Qualifier, previously scheduled to take place on April 11 and 12 at Florida Tracks and Trails in Punta Gorda, Florida has been rescheduled and relocated to an earlier date. The Southeast Area Qualifier will now take place April 4 and 5 at WW Ranch in Jacksonville, Florida.

All Area Qualifier information and previously posted schedules will remain the same for the rescheduled event but the location will be different than previously posted. Practice will take place on Friday, April 3 at WW Ranch, with racing to follow on Saturday and Sunday.

|
downard254
3/4/2015 11:21am
I'll bet there aren't any area qualifiers in Ohio yet. Jeez, this weather sucks. Freakin' 6" of snow, then 2" of rain last night, now turning to snow again, 4-6" expected, then -4 F on Friday morning. Movie writers couldn't make this shit up. Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!
Blink
Randy Savage
3/4/2015 11:31am
downard254 wrote:
I'll bet there aren't any area qualifiers in Ohio yet. Jeez, this weather sucks. Freakin' 6" of snow, then 2" of rain last night, now turning...
I'll bet there aren't any area qualifiers in Ohio yet. Jeez, this weather sucks. Freakin' 6" of snow, then 2" of rain last night, now turning to snow again, 4-6" expected, then -4 F on Friday morning. Movie writers couldn't make this shit up. Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!
Blink
We are forecasted 10-12 inches of snow in the north Va & Maryland area tomorrow and Budds has a quali this weekend. Pack your snow tires, boys. They'll still run it and everyone will bitch, because if they didn't run it....everyone would bitch.
Jakes Dad
3/4/2015 11:37am
We already ran LLQ at Reddick a few weeks ago, several buddies said oh we'll wait until April and go to the new place. I was skeptical about them pulling it off. If and when it does open it will be the Disney World of off-roading for Florida anyway.
downard254
3/4/2015 11:43am
downard254 wrote:
I'll bet there aren't any area qualifiers in Ohio yet. Jeez, this weather sucks. Freakin' 6" of snow, then 2" of rain last night, now turning...
Blink
We are forecasted 10-12 inches of snow in the north Va & Maryland area tomorrow and Budds has a quali this weekend. Pack your snow tires...
We are forecasted 10-12 inches of snow in the north Va & Maryland area tomorrow and Budds has a quali this weekend. Pack your snow tires, boys. They'll still run it and everyone will bitch, because if they didn't run it....everyone would bitch.
Loaded up and ready to go.

The Shop

steveada
3/4/2015 12:20pm
So 8" of snow Thursday, with temps dropping to 8 degrees Thursday night, staying below freezing until mid day Saturday. Freezing cold, wind, and mud. That sounds like a good time. Would anybody actually show up to race?
Team Ideal
3/4/2015 12:34pm
Just a fyi the LLQ that was to be in IL at Paradise has been moved to next weekend. I'm sure most guys know but just throwing it out there
hvaughn88
3/4/2015 12:39pm
downard254 wrote:
Blink
We are forecasted 10-12 inches of snow in the north Va & Maryland area tomorrow and Budds has a quali this weekend. Pack your snow tires...
but how's the forecast look in gainseville?Tongue
Steve 396
3/4/2015 1:59pm
Just heard myself and will probably go but... It's Easter weekend and I wish it wasn't.

I also wondered why they would schedule something like a qualifier at a track that hasn't proven itself yet. I am sure the place will be great but in my opinion a track should prove they can hold local events before they get "awarded" with a qualifier, regional or a national. I know they did it at the new track in Illinois last year and I didn't agree with it then either. Not my call though.
Team Ideal
3/4/2015 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 4:49pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Just heard myself and will probably go but... It's Easter weekend and I wish it wasn't. I also wondered why they would schedule something like a...
Just heard myself and will probably go but... It's Easter weekend and I wish it wasn't.

I also wondered why they would schedule something like a qualifier at a track that hasn't proven itself yet. I am sure the place will be great but in my opinion a track should prove they can hold local events before they get "awarded" with a qualifier, regional or a national. I know they did it at the new track in Illinois last year and I didn't agree with it then either. Not my call though.
the "new" track (located in a state run facility, the Duquion State Fairgrounds) in IL is ran by pretty much the same group that runs the old track (Paradise). the state stepped in and said no when the weather turned shitty last year so it was moved to the old track. this year the old track gets the area qualifier (it's been moved to next weekend because of crappy weather ) and the new track gets the youth regional (when the weather will be better). all of these guys go to LL every year and help for the week although DC says that has nothing to do with track selection for either the area or regional qualifiers lol.

there's nothing wrong with the way these guys run everything and they are good people all around, but to say there is no favoritism is plain ridiculous, same way with Victory sports. if your not tied in with them forget about getting any type of LLQ in their area unless you let them come in and run it.
Steve 396
3/4/2015 4:57pm
Team Ideal wrote:
the "new" track (located in a state run facility, the Duquion State Fairgrounds) in IL is ran by pretty much the same group that runs the...
the "new" track (located in a state run facility, the Duquion State Fairgrounds) in IL is ran by pretty much the same group that runs the old track (Paradise). the state stepped in and said no when the weather turned shitty last year so it was moved to the old track. this year the old track gets the area qualifier (it's been moved to next weekend because of crappy weather ) and the new track gets the youth regional (when the weather will be better). all of these guys go to LL every year and help for the week although DC says that has nothing to do with track selection for either the area or regional qualifiers lol.

there's nothing wrong with the way these guys run everything and they are good people all around, but to say there is no favoritism is plain ridiculous, same way with Victory sports. if your not tied in with them forget about getting any type of LLQ in their area unless you let them come in and run it.
I am sure there is a lot that goes into it for sure. We have attended the qualifier at Monster and the regional at Muddy Creek last year and just did the qualifier at Gravity Alley this past weekend. All were ran with professionalism for sure. As far as the no favoritism, yea, I agree with you there. Everything is tied to "who you know" these days. Sometimes that is ok but I believe that a new track should have to prove itself first before they get rewarded, even if some folks that had a facility moved to a new one.

We are looking fwd to the rest of the season whether we make it to the big show or not.
Team Ideal
3/4/2015 5:11pm
"We are looking fwd to the rest of the season whether we make it to the big show or not."

good luck, enjoy. I hope you guys make it, it's worth the trip. keep us posted
JoJmoto
3/4/2015 6:11pm
So the track in Punta Gorda is not even open yet?

If you have a lot of people in Florida that need to hit an LLQ, Monster Mountain will NOT disappoint!
Tonycar107
3/10/2015 6:46pm
I like how they keep posting pictures of the track on Facebook, but no word on why they aren't going to ready for there race.
3/10/2015 7:31pm
JoJmoto wrote:
So the track in Punta Gorda is not even open yet? If you have a lot of people in Florida that need to hit an LLQ...
So the track in Punta Gorda is not even open yet?

If you have a lot of people in Florida that need to hit an LLQ, Monster Mountain will NOT disappoint!
Not sore but they suck at communication. Website needs updates. Answering machine is automated and States "leave a message after the tone."

They're more worried about concerts than motocross. Skipped that place and went to Thundercross Mx in okeechobee Floridaon my easy way back from the keys.

Ww is more than deserving of a LLQ

Post a reply to: Southeast Area LLQ recheduled & relocated.

The Latest