Sounds like the AMA has struck again ... Darius Glover's LL run .. DC?

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2013 6:06pm
This would be AMA amateur.

If you don't know or don't remember, Darius is a paraplegic who is still crazy fast despite his challenge and is attempting to qualify for LL in two 'regular' class (I think Collegeboy and 250B?). He has one final attempt this w/e.

From his facebook:

Darius Glover I pre registered for 2 classes but they only have me in for 1 so i called to get it straightened out 2 weeks ago so when i just called because it wasnt showing up still they try to tell me that i only signed up for one when i actually signed up for both of my classes at the same time.

Darius Glover Lizzy May this isnt the first time its happened i just called back after they told me it was fixed when they obviously did not fix it and now its to late.... if they make a general mistake then they need to fix it
|
bobby397
6/27/2013 5:22pm
Interesting, did he qualify? Or just trying as an alternate?
mx317
6/27/2013 5:22pm
I have taken my area sign-up sheet and entered at the regional without pre-entering, but I had to pay an additional fee. He should be ok to add a class.
jeffro503
6/27/2013 5:51pm
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit on the AMA side. Either that or the people who are running LL's. Didn't he have issue's there as well last year or the qualifying race before? I remember something about they thought his cage was a danger or something like that for the other riders.....really?

God damn....let this kid race! Such a great kid too!

The Shop

6/27/2013 6:01pm
I have watched Darius race quite a few times and I can understand the reason some people don't want him out there. I don't know if I have ever seen a moto he was in that he didn't cartwheel his roll caged bike. He then has to lay there till someone runs to where he is and rights him.

This is from the AMA Amateur Rulebook:

The rider must be able to control his/her motorcycle at all times, and to ride it safely. This includes stopping, starting, standing still, mounting, dismounting, and putting one or both feet on the ground. The referee has the authority to disqualify a rider who can't safely control his/her motorcycle.

As much as I admire what he is trying to do, Darius can't control his motorcycle while starting, while standing still, while dismounting or while putting both feet on the ground. I am really surprised they let him race at all.
jeffro503
6/27/2013 6:05pm
I have watched Darius race quite a few times and I can understand the reason some people don't want him out there. I don't know if...
I have watched Darius race quite a few times and I can understand the reason some people don't want him out there. I don't know if I have ever seen a moto he was in that he didn't cartwheel his roll caged bike. He then has to lay there till someone runs to where he is and rights him.

The rider must be able to control his/her motorcycle at all times, and to ride it safely. This includes stopping, starting, standing still, mounting, dismounting, and putting one or both feet on the ground. The referee has the authority to disqualify a rider who can't safely control his/her motorcycle.

As much as I admire what he is trying to do, Darius can't control his motorcycle while starting, while standing still, while dismounting or while putting both feet on the ground. I am really surprised they let him race at all.
Those are some very valid points......I guess I should have thought a little more with my head instead of my heart. I also realize in some ( even AM races ) you aren't allowed outside assistance. Which could be a black flag waiting to happen too.

BUT......even with all of that , Doug Henry couldn't do any of those things listed above either.....and he still gets to competes every once in a while.
tobz
6/27/2013 6:13pm
I have watched Darius race quite a few times and I can understand the reason some people don't want him out there. I don't know if...

Noting that you've obviously created another account so you can hide behind the username, but i don't think this thread is about the fact that he's in a chair/paralysed.

This thread is about the fact that a rider has signed up for 2 but AMA only have him in for one.

Not even sure why the OP mentioned that he's paralysed, as if it should matter in this scenario?
4stroke4DWIN
6/27/2013 6:21pm

Hmmm, I watched him up in Turlock run mid pack until he tipped over in a corner. No cart wheeling as you say, you or ur kid must of been handled by this " danger" Meh.

Also if they don't let him ride at the national again I think it's pretty shitty that they have no problem taking his money at the area and regionals.

Also after watching him he is no more a hazard than a beginner trying to qualify in the novice class.
500guy
6/27/2013 6:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit on the AMA side. Either that or the people who are running LL's. Didn't he have issue's there as...
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit on the AMA side. Either that or the people who are running LL's. Didn't he have issue's there as well last year or the qualifying race before? I remember something about they thought his cage was a danger or something like that for the other riders.....really?

I still remember you blowing smoke out your ass about the AMA not letting a guy ride his 2 stroke at Washougal when it turned out he didn't even attempt to enter it.

Talk about just ranting with no info , You're a Champ
JustMX
6/27/2013 6:49pm
if it were to turn out that the participant made an error when sending in their paperwork this would have to be the first time ever that has happened.
6/27/2013 6:57pm
Hmmm, I watched him up in Turlock run mid pack until he tipped over in a corner. No cart wheeling as you say, you or ur...
Hmmm, I watched him up in Turlock run mid pack until he tipped over in a corner. No cart wheeling as you say, you or ur kid must of been handled by this " danger" Meh.

Also if they don't let him ride at the national again I think it's pretty shitty that they have no problem taking his money at the area and regionals.

Also after watching him he is no more a hazard than a beginner trying to qualify in the novice class.
Again, I admire the kid but I have personally seen him flip his bike end over end at least 5 times. Even when he tips over as you say he did in Turlock, he has to lay there till someone runs across the track, in the middle of a race, and picks him up.

Also, they take the top 8 at the area qualifier to the regional. He finished 23rd and 21st in his area qualifier and these finishes do not guarantee him a spot at the regional. They have 61 pre entries for both of his classes listed on the MX Sports website, they can only take a max of 64.

Finally, you say it would be shitty of them to let him ride the regionals and areas and not let him ride the national AGAIN. I'm pretty sure he has not been close to qualifying for the national.
smeg
6/27/2013 6:58pm
As much as I admire his heart and determination, He shouldn't be out there... If you can't pick your bike up unassisted in the pit area then you sure as hell shouldn't be out on a track during a race situation.
4stroke4DWIN
6/27/2013 7:21pm
smeg wrote:
As much as I admire his heart and determination, He shouldn't be out there... If you can't pick your bike up unassisted in the pit area...
As much as I admire his heart and determination, He shouldn't be out there... If you can't pick your bike up unassisted in the pit area then you sure as hell shouldn't be out on a track during a race situation.
Well that would eliminate quite a bit of 50, 60, and 85 riders lol
4stroke4DWIN
6/27/2013 7:28pm
Hmmm, I watched him up in Turlock run mid pack until he tipped over in a corner. No cart wheeling as you say, you or ur...

Again, I admire the kid but I have personally seen him flip his bike end over end at least 5 times. Even when he tips over...
Again, I admire the kid but I have personally seen him flip his bike end over end at least 5 times. Even when he tips over as you say he did in Turlock, he has to lay there till someone runs across the track, in the middle of a race, and picks him up.

Also, they take the top 8 at the area qualifier to the regional. He finished 23rd and 21st in his area qualifier and these finishes do not guarantee him a spot at the regional. They have 61 pre entries for both of his classes listed on the MX Sports website, they can only take a max of 64.

Finally, you say it would be shitty of them to let him ride the regionals and areas and not let him ride the national AGAIN. I'm pretty sure he has not been close to qualifying for the national.
I understand what your saying, I will say, his spotters were on him and he was moving along pretty quick.

I guess I should of typed it different. If they take his money at the area and he makes thru to the regional and on to the national only to be turned away would be chicken shit.
jndmx
6/27/2013 8:13pm
The AMA doesn't do registration for the classes at LL's.......that would be MX Sports.
slipdog
6/27/2013 8:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Those are some very valid points......I guess I should have thought a little more with my head instead of my heart. I also realize in some...
Those are some very valid points......I guess I should have thought a little more with my head instead of my heart. I also realize in some ( even AM races ) you aren't allowed outside assistance. Which could be a black flag waiting to happen too.

BUT......even with all of that , Doug Henry couldn't do any of those things listed above either.....and he still gets to competes every once in a while.
This is irrelevant to the OP, but Henry has not raced or tried to qualify for LL. he just does the events specifically for adaptive athletes like the Extremity Games.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
6/27/2013 8:52pm
The drums have whispered that someone up the ladder at MXS is going to take a look to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks. That's all you can hope for and more than most get.
sharkey
6/27/2013 9:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit on the AMA side. Either that or the people who are running LL's. Didn't he have issue's there as...

500guy wrote:
I still remember you blowing smoke out your ass about the AMA not letting a guy ride his 2 stroke at Washougal when it turned out...
I still remember you blowing smoke out your ass about the AMA not letting a guy ride his 2 stroke at Washougal when it turned out he didn't even attempt to enter it.

so are you bud
500guy
6/27/2013 9:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:

500guy wrote:
I still remember you blowing smoke out your ass about the AMA not letting a guy ride his 2 stroke at Washougal when it turned out...

sharkey wrote:
so are you bud
Talking crap catching suckers like you ? = yes

Ranting on something I don't know = No
sharkey
6/27/2013 9:25pm
seems like your always looking to bitch about something with someone all the time anytime you can or dont agree with what is said
jeffro503
6/27/2013 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2013 10:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:

500guy wrote:

You have that completely wrong dumbass. AND.....I had quite a few conversation s with DC behind the scene about the whole thing. A lot of things you don't know about......so STFU.
jeffro503
6/27/2013 10:43pm
500guy wrote:

sharkey wrote:
so are you bud
500guy wrote:
Talking crap catching suckers like you ? = yes

Ranting on something I don't know = No
You don't know. Your idiot and have always came across as one. get a fucking clue before you pick a fight dipshit.
BobbyM
6/28/2013 12:27am
jeffro503 wrote:

500guy wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
You have that completely wrong dumbass. AND.....I had quite a few conversation s with DC behind the scene about the whole thing. A lot of things...
You have that completely wrong dumbass. AND.....I had quite a few conversation s with DC behind the scene about the whole thing. A lot of things you don't know about......so STFU.
never thought of you as a name dropper...shows you what i know.
jeffro503
6/28/2013 1:00am
500guy wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
You have that completely wrong dumbass. AND.....I had quite a few conversation s with DC behind the scene about the whole thing. A lot of things...
BobbyM wrote:
Name dropper? DC posts here all the time. And since it had something to do with what the AMA / Mx Sports was involved in....of course he was going to jump in and say something. Welcome to two years ago.
BobbyM
6/28/2013 1:23am
jeffro503 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Name dropper? DC posts here all the time. And since it had something to do with what the AMA / Mx Sports was involved in....of course...
Name dropper? DC posts here all the time. And since it had something to do with what the AMA / Mx Sports was involved in....of course he was going to jump in and say something. Welcome to two years ago.
this is behind the scenes? ah...ok.
DC
6/28/2013 4:37am
Darius is an alternate in one class -- the one class he signed up for -- but he did not sign up in the second class (450 C) where he finished I believe 25th out of 31 at the area (they take the top 8 directly), and would be a very long shot to get into the Regional as an alternate. He is allowed to post-enter, which costs $10 more to enter, and hopefully he will get in. But this is a packed region and his power ranking is fairly low based on the one Area he rode in this class.

I hope he makes it, no one has "struck again," but there are rules and regulations that go into these events, and when one doesn't appear to have signed up there's little the officials can do but ask him to post-enter.

DC
MX Sports
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
6/28/2013 5:44am
Thanks for the update DC. Anyone else read this and immediately think Darius Rutger? I mean damn Hootie I didn't know you could ride too!
flarider
6/28/2013 5:46am
mxracer816 wrote:
Thanks for the update DC. Anyone else read this and immediately think Darius Rutger? I mean damn Hootie I didn't know you could ride too!
Rucker
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
6/28/2013 5:51am
Thanks bro, not even gonna edit it! Way funnier this way!

Post a reply to: Sounds like the AMA has struck again ... Darius Glover's LL run .. DC?

The Latest