Sounds like Reed is hinting at a Union.

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2015 8:49am
Chad's had some tweets lately that have been hinting at something. Last night they were talking about it on the pulpmx show and Matthes mentioned it could be a rider union. Matthes talks to Chad a lot and JT is one of his good friends. I think they don't want to openly say it's def going to happen but them just casually mentioning it or (letting it slip) really makes me think they are seriously trying to start one. It makes sense when you think about what happened and Chad 's "next chapter is doing something noone else has been able to do". The guy has the respect from the other riders and he sure as hell wouldn't be shy when delegating with Feld. Obviously this wouldn't happen overnight, but I think we may be wittnessing the start of a union finally.
|
RedRum666
1/20/2015 7:34am
Reed and RC have been kicking the can on this idea for a few years now......
Darryl916
1/20/2015 7:35am
First off, Reed doesn't "hint" at anything.
500guy
1/20/2015 7:36am
Won't ever happen, This is about the 15th time Chad has threatened Organization , every time He doesn't like something He threatens with a Union.

The riders do not work for Feld , there is really nothing to organize. I think the rule book is very clear on the issue too.

Canerat
1/20/2015 7:38am
Albee tried to get the ball rolling around 15 yrs back but it fizzled out...not sure why tho.

The Shop

newmann
1/20/2015 7:43am
How many riders unions are we gonna have? Did Langston's membership drop off? No one had the money to pay their dues?
ChrisB10
1/20/2015 7:47am
RedRum666 wrote:
Reed and RC have been kicking the can on this idea for a few years now......
That's my point. I think all the talking is finally over.
RedRum666
1/20/2015 7:50am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Indeed, however as 500guy stated above, it only gets brought up when Reed disagrees with something it seems or something happens to him directly...
ChrisB10
1/20/2015 7:50am
Darryl916 wrote:
First off, Reed doesn't "hint" at anything.
If "my chapter is doing something no one else has been able to do" isn't hinting at something then I don't know what is.
DonM
1/20/2015 8:02am
500guy wrote:
Won't ever happen, This is about the 15th time Chad has threatened Organization , every time He doesn't like something He threatens with a Union. The...
Won't ever happen, This is about the 15th time Chad has threatened Organization , every time He doesn't like something He threatens with a Union.

The riders do not work for Feld , there is really nothing to organize. I think the rule book is very clear on the issue too.

In what way is it clear?
toroP
1/20/2015 8:03am
500guy wrote:
Won't ever happen, This is about the 15th time Chad has threatened Organization , every time He doesn't like something He threatens with a Union. The...

Are NFL players league employees? And rule books never change, right?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/20/2015 8:07am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Chad's had some tweets lately that have been hinting at something. Last night they were talking about it on the pulpmx show and Matthes mentioned it...
Chad's had some tweets lately that have been hinting at something. Last night they were talking about it on the pulpmx show and Matthes mentioned it could be a rider union. Matthes talks to Chad a lot and JT is one of his good friends. I think they don't want to openly say it's def going to happen but them just casually mentioning it or (letting it slip) really makes me think they are seriously trying to start one. It makes sense when you think about what happened and Chad 's "next chapter is doing something noone else has been able to do". The guy has the respect from the other riders and he sure as hell wouldn't be shy when delegating with Feld. Obviously this wouldn't happen overnight, but I think we may be wittnessing the start of a union finally.
"...witnessing the start of a union finally."

It sounds like you're in favor of it. What do you think it should be trying to accomplish?
1/20/2015 8:08am
500guy wrote:

Do live under a rock? Things can change and rules and dollars always come from different directions...and technically the riders do work for Feld.
jstein639
1/20/2015 8:11am
500guy wrote:

toroP wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the NFL players are private contractors for each team and each team is under the umbrella of the NFL.
toroP
1/20/2015 8:17am
500guy wrote:

toroP wrote:
jstein639 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the NFL players are private contractors for each team and each team is under the umbrella of the NFL.
It's a bit over my head, but the league is an association and the teams are members .. and uh …uhBlink
toroP
1/20/2015 8:25am
ChrisB10 wrote:
RedRum666 wrote:
Indeed, however as 500guy stated above, it only gets brought up when Reed disagrees with something it seems or something happens to him directly...
It's seems like human nature to respond to personal experience, but you have a point. If this idea is to gain traction, RC and CR will need to go to bat for others, not just occasionally react AMA inconsistencies that affect them.

disclaimer: I know very little about unions or player(rider) associations, and have almost no opinion about them.
1/20/2015 8:26am
Whats the big deal if there is one? why be a secretive about it? are there unions in other racing leagues? someone please explain Smile
toroP
1/20/2015 8:29am
GuyB wrote:

It sounds like you're in favor of it. What do you think it should be trying to accomplish?
best avatar ever …cracked me up
GMalzee
1/20/2015 8:32am
How do you know he is not hinting at starting an association of team owners? Seems that would be more in his (and RC's) interest.
Sandberm
1/20/2015 8:33am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Chad's had some tweets lately that have been hinting at something. Last night they were talking about it on the pulpmx show and Matthes mentioned it...
GuyB wrote:

The problem seems to be the penalties dished out by the governing body, i.e Stewart getting a ridiculous sentence and Chad getting Black flagged. You could even throw in Bowers getting an informal...was it official???...warning at A1 after his heat with Osbourne.

There needs to be a clearer set of rules and consequences that BOTH the sanctioning body and the riders agree to. A respectable process not a long drawn out thing like Stewart went through nor a shoot from the hip decision from Galagher.
Ashleymx
1/20/2015 8:36am
The black flag was wrong for sure but in a way lucky it happened for Chad because it has completely taken the focus off what happened before the black flag.
Sandberm
1/20/2015 8:38am
Sounds like from the post race pulpcasts that Mitch Payton isnt happy with the supercross organizers. And if the team owner who has SX series title sponser Monster as a major backer,... a team who if they lost that sponser would suffer greatly...feels compelled to speak out, there must be some dissatisfaction with how the series is being run.
Sandberm
1/20/2015 8:39am
Or...Chad might find out everybody in the pits thinks hes a whiner.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
1/20/2015 8:45am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 12:39pm
It's easier to avoid a black flag by not going out of your way in front of the whole world to knock another guy down.
1/20/2015 8:45am
Union is a great idea!!!
AMA has a massive history of doing idiotic things
Look at what they did to road racing in the US.
1/20/2015 8:46am
If a union helped riders get paid better and made it so there was not so much disparity between factory teams and semi-privateers, great. But unfortunately for Chad, a union isn't going to protect riders who are douche bags and whiners.
jamma10
1/20/2015 8:47am
It's easier to avoid a black flag by not going out of your way in front of the whole world to knock another guy down.
Precisely.

Unfortunately everyone keeps conveniently ignoring this fact,
500guy
1/20/2015 8:47am
Participation in these meets is a privilege
afforded to license and event credential holders, and all such
participants understand that violation of AMA Supercross
an
FIM World Championship rules and procedures can lead to
for
feiture of their competition licenses or event credential,
fines, points deductions, lap deductions, finishing position
deductions, time penalties (which must result in the loss of at
least one finishing position), disqualification and other
disciplinary a
ctions as outlined herein

Engaging in a rider boycott, public protest or other similar
concerted activity meant to stop, delay or otherwise inhibit
the start or
comp
letion of any portion of a Monster Energy
AMA
Supercross
an FIM World Championship event
500guy
1/20/2015 8:48am
jamma10 wrote:
Precisely.

Unfortunately everyone keeps conveniently ignoring this fact,
X2

Post a reply to: Sounds like Reed is hinting at a Union.

The Latest