Sound testing

Could someone explain the reason behind sound testing at a sx or outdoors AMA event,is it to keep noise levels down for the spectators[who i assume wouldn,t care]or is it for the public outside of the venue,seems to me to be a complete waste of time for teams and those carrying the testing.
|
kkawboy14
1/25/2017 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2017 3:20pm
Dear Interested Parties,

1) justify the AMA truck drivers paycheck because he ran out of things to do after he grilled chicken wings for everyone.

2) they think they know what a soccer mom wants for their kids (even tho it's Monster Energy moms at the event)

3) adds revenue to the after market pipe companys since no one outside of the pros care that much about sound

My work here is done!

Love,
KKawboy
1/25/2017 3:39pm
While i can't speak for AMA racing, my local track does sound testing very often. This is completely done to make sure the noise isn't reaching the nearby cities.

Allot of people out here want tracks closed.. especially due to noise polution for nearby towns. Its one of the reasons that the tracks out here are only open 2 to 3 times a week.

My hometrack even had to build some kind of dirt wall next to the track to block as much sound as possible. (I'm talking about the RES Axel track in Netherlands for those wondering)
sc961
1/25/2017 4:19pm
There's been a significant sound reduction at local MX tracks over the past 10 or so years due to sound testing, and new bike regulations for db levels.

It's a entirely different story at the professional level.
1/25/2017 5:28pm
I havnt been to a race in years and recently went to an arenacross. I was surprised at how quite the 250's seemed compared to what I was expecting. No they weren't quite but not as loud as I remembered from the past.

The Shop

rrjr
1/25/2017 7:50pm
450 wrote:
I havnt been to a race in years and recently went to an arenacross. I was surprised at how quite the 250's seemed compared to what...
I havnt been to a race in years and recently went to an arenacross. I was surprised at how quite the 250's seemed compared to what I was expecting. No they weren't quite but not as loud as I remembered from the past.
If you're like me it might have been not as loud as you remember because I can't hear shit anymore. Getting old sucks
1/25/2017 8:25pm
450 wrote:
I havnt been to a race in years and recently went to an arenacross. I was surprised at how quite the 250's seemed compared to what...
rrjr wrote:
If you're like me it might have been not as loud as you remember because I can't hear shit anymore. Getting old sucks
That did also cross my mind.

Post a reply to: Sound testing

The Latest