Something from the MEC - And why not?

radialone
10/22/2014 6:04pm
As far as format goes, I'd like to see them run all qualifying during the day - whether it's timed qualifying only or heats, semi's and lcq's - and then run two main events for each class at night. You could do timed motos like the outdoors or two 20 lappers, doesn't matter to me.

You could play around with bonus pts: 1pt for top qualifier, 1pt for the holeshot, 1 pt for leading a lap and 1 pt for leading the most laps. However I ran the numbers once using the 2011-2013 seasons as guides and giving bonus pts for holeshots and leading laps didn't change much in the end. The start is already the single most important part of the race and since our races are relatively short, guys already have incentive to pass quickly. Giving bonus points for leading laps isn't going to create more lead changes IMO. If a guy has the opportunity to get into the lead, he's going to do it whether he gets a bonus point or not. So basically all you end up doing is giving the winner more points.
KlootZak
10/22/2014 6:56pm
Forgot to mention that should use a flying lap for qualification. That would mean the top riders ride longer on track and increases spectatorvalue for qualification. Who would not want to see Roczen, Anderson,.. give it all for best position on the gate for the two mains!
teggers
10/22/2014 10:04pm
How about no racing to qualify.

Oh, wait.

I wonder what this sport will look like in 50 years.

The Shop

pelted
10/22/2014 11:21pm
Flat billed hats for everyone in attendance.

Post a reply to: Something from the MEC - And why not?

The Latest