Something I have a quarrel with...

Edited Date/Time 5/31/2014 3:08pm
Whats up with Fmx announcers? They always exaggerate tricks. I believe it was Andy bell who called Thomas Pagès' special flip a "backflip 360 off the bike" then he called his flair a "backflip 540." Then I remember in the past all the hype on the frontflip and the X Games announcers calling it a frontflip 360. Is this just simply a lack of knowledge or them overhyping it?
|
Trav138
5/31/2014 8:05am
Dude who cares!
Hangtown is today that is all you need to worry about lol.
5/31/2014 8:20am
Hangtown is not on till 3 on my tv even though I'm on PST. And to dirtnapper I appreciate all disciplines of dirt bike riding. I don't just watch motocross.
Outsider
5/31/2014 8:24am
Freestylers don't use the word quarrel bro...

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/31/2014 9:29am
Outsider wrote:
Broseph Stalin
abn166
5/31/2014 9:34am
Hangtown is not on till 3 on my tv even though I'm on PST. And to dirtnapper I appreciate all disciplines of dirt bike riding. I...
Hangtown is not on till 3 on my tv even though I'm on PST. And to dirtnapper I appreciate all disciplines of dirt bike riding. I don't just watch motocross.
Sounds like you need to find a FMX forum where people care about FMX announcers. If you don't even watch MX, maybe you are in the wrong forum.
hvaughn88
5/31/2014 9:35am
Outsider wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Broseph Stalin
I'm about to go watch bromanji. Might make some macaBROni & cheese for lunch. Probably play Marco brolo in the pool later , if it doesn't rain.
FullThrottle
5/31/2014 9:39am
Hangtown is not on till 3 on my tv even though I'm on PST. And to dirtnapper I appreciate all disciplines of dirt bike riding. I...
abn166 wrote:
Sounds like you need to find a FMX forum where people care about FMX announcers. If you don't even watch MX, maybe you are in the...
Sounds like you need to find a FMX forum where people care about FMX announcers. If you don't even watch MX, maybe you are in the wrong forum.
X2
Wrong site dude.
5/31/2014 9:54am
abn166 wrote:
Sounds like you need to find a FMX forum where people care about FMX announcers. If you don't even watch MX, maybe you are in the...
He said he doesn't just watch motocross, not he just doesn't watch motocross.

I just don't watch FMX. PM me when they land the triple backflip.
BobbyM
5/31/2014 9:55am
Whats up with Fmx announcers? They always exaggerate tricks. I believe it was Andy bell who called Thomas Pagès' special flip a "backflip 360 off the...
Whats up with Fmx announcers? They always exaggerate tricks. I believe it was Andy bell who called Thomas Pagès' special flip a "backflip 360 off the bike" then he called his flair a "backflip 540." Then I remember in the past all the hype on the frontflip and the X Games announcers calling it a frontflip 360. Is this just simply a lack of knowledge or them overhyping it?
GTFO AND STFU
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/31/2014 10:00am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2014 10:02am
Perhaps he is Bromantically involved with FMX..ever think of that?

We're headed out on the Broat to do some wakeBroding..and drink some Broweiser
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/31/2014 10:15am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2014 10:17am
abn166 wrote:
You got the order of the "don't" and "just" wrong, abn166bro.

It's not like the guy admitted to riding quads.
Bob693
5/31/2014 10:20am
Whats up with Fmx announcers? They always exaggerate tricks. I believe it was Andy bell who called Thomas Pagès' special flip a "backflip 360 off the...
It's kinda like when SX announcers call triples a quad.
mt798
5/31/2014 10:26am
WTF is FMX?
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/31/2014 10:33am
mt798 wrote:
WTF is FMX?
Famoxadone and/or Full Mouth X-ray ...duh...just check Wiki..
Bob693
5/31/2014 10:49am
mt798 wrote:
WTF is FMX?
It's a sport that will be on espn next weekend and that will probably have higher ratings than the first half of the nationals on MAVTV combined.
5/31/2014 11:07am
abn166 wrote:
I clearly said I care about ALL disciplines or dirt bikes. Sure motocross may be my primary concern and 90% of the other people's concer but I'm just pointing something out so don't get upset because I'm talking about something MOTO RELATED.
abn166
5/31/2014 11:32am
abn166 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
You got the order of the "don't" and "just" wrong, abn166bro.

It's not like the guy admitted to riding quads.
In my hurry to read a boring post I guess I did read it wrong. But, the advice still stands, maybe he should post in an FMX forum where someone might care. I couldn't possibly care less about what Andy Bell has to say about a FMX trick.
hvaughn88
5/31/2014 11:54am
Damn! And I thought I was a bit moody yesterday...some of you guys need to make a mad dash to aisle 9 before all the midol is sold out
akillerwombat
5/31/2014 12:03pm
I couldn't agree more. I blame Cameron Steele for that, dude over hyped EVERYTHING, even more so if it was something the Metal Mulisha was doing because those were "his boys".

I vaguely remember him announcing for some nationals a couple years back. The best was when he did the go pro "hot lap" but wouldn't jump any of the jumps... lost a bit of credit for that one.
5/31/2014 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2014 12:18pm
I couldn't agree more. I blame Cameron Steele for that, dude over hyped EVERYTHING, even more so if it was something the Metal Mulisha was doing...
I couldn't agree more. I blame Cameron Steele for that, dude over hyped EVERYTHING, even more so if it was something the Metal Mulisha was doing because those were "his boys".

I vaguely remember him announcing for some nationals a couple years back. The best was when he did the go pro "hot lap" but wouldn't jump any of the jumps... lost a bit of credit for that one.
Growing up in socal I've always despised the whole bro scene along with the MM. Everyone is a pro dirt bike rider around here. I still have a hard time watching stuff with twitch and even hanny. I enjoy the whole living off free-riding thing ,it's just that I never liked their whole DGAF persona.
And to the super moto thing, that would be sweet because its interesting I would just hope they do a little more than just table tops on the SX/MX section of it.
JW381
5/31/2014 12:24pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Damn! And I thought I was a bit moody yesterday...some of you guys need to make a mad dash to aisle 9 before all the midol...
Damn! And I thought I was a bit moody yesterday...some of you guys need to make a mad dash to aisle 9 before all the midol is sold out
Midol works great for arm pump. Been using it so far this whole year. Probably gonna turn pro here soon because of it.
Outsider
5/31/2014 12:38pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Damn! And I thought I was a bit moody yesterday...some of you guys need to make a mad dash to aisle 9 before all the midol...
JW381 wrote:
Midol works great for arm pump. Been using it so far this whole year. Probably gonna turn pro here soon because of it.
I've noticed you've been far less bitchy lately as well...
40Plus_922mx
5/31/2014 12:48pm
The SX guys do it too. When I go to the events I wear headphones so I can catch lap times etc. It is often when an aggressive pass is made you can hear them saying, "Oh and he knocks him as he goes by" when contact was never made. Happens over and over at every round.
JW381
5/31/2014 1:01pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO MY MOM'S JUST SLEEP WITH YOUR STUPID DIRTBIKE SINCE YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH
jathey
5/31/2014 2:28pm
The laws of Physics dictate that they are only so many tricks that can be done. It is a finite number.

That leaves the sport with nothing else to do except come up with new exciting names for the same tricks.

Outsider
5/31/2014 3:08pm
JW381 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
JW381 wrote:
FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO MY MOM'S JUST SLEEP WITH YOUR STUPID DIRTBIKE SINCE YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH
Aaaaanddd.. we're back!

Post a reply to: Something I have a quarrel with...

The Latest