Someone wrote the statement from James

johnarm
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:35pm
On Js7.com

It
's pretty obvious. It has perfect grammar and english and sounds like his agent or PR wrote it after they realized this might tarnish his image. Lets face it , when things don't go his way he throws temper tantrums sort of like Reed.
|
Ing
1/18/2010 3:20pm
Quite a spin he put on things.
burnside
1/18/2010 3:20pm
x2...

Its insulting they think any of us fans would believe a word of that spiel.... Who ever wrote it contradicts himself at least 3 times in the space of one press release. Best part is, no mention of his hissy fit knocking reeds bike over and no apology for KP.
Kinetic1
1/18/2010 3:23pm
Doesn't matter who wrote it. James is responsible. Sorry, but that's the facts.

The Shop

Zildjian
1/18/2010 3:40pm
It is very obvious that Brooks wrote it.
1/18/2010 3:47pm
Zildjian wrote:
Really? I don't see how you can say it's "obvious."
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 4:20pm
The single most important thing that could have been said in that memo, was left out, IMO.
RACEGUY
1/18/2010 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:09pm
johnarm wrote:
On Js7.com It's pretty obvious. It has perfect grammar and english and sounds like his agent or PR wrote it after they realized this might...
On Js7.com

It
's pretty obvious. It has perfect grammar and english and sounds like his agent or PR wrote it after they realized this might tarnish his image. Lets face it , when things don't go his way he throws temper tantrums sort of like Reed.
It all starts with an idiotic post like this.

Pro athletes write their own press releases?? How old are you, anyway?
Overdrive
1/18/2010 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:09pm
I am sure there will be another press release from JS7 and L&M, I hope it will be more apologetic and much better thought out.

The first one was pathetic.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/18/2010 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2010 4:27pm
Zildjian wrote:
Really? Since you're obviously an expert, what are the tell-tale signs?

My guess would be that it wasn't Larry.
Overdrive
1/18/2010 4:29pm
Zildjian wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Im sure it was James and I am sure he was still pissed but I would have thought clearer heads would have got to him before he put it out.
burnside
1/18/2010 4:30pm
Zildjian wrote:
GuyB wrote:

What did you make of it GuyB?
RACEGUY
1/18/2010 4:39pm
Hey, GuyB!

Interesting, isn't it, that we have public relations issues for various teams and riders after BOTH rounds, and the powers-that-be seem to be running around headless?

Maybe those economy-related cutbacks dug a little too deep into the musculature of the teams, including the "white-shirts".
burnside
1/18/2010 4:47pm
RACEGUY wrote:

Its worth noting this wasn't released as a formal 'press statement'.. Its in his personal blog and according to the site it was posted by him. Maybe thats why people smell fecal matter, again.
Crush
1/18/2010 4:50pm
Surprised no one has pointed out the thread title here...

Yes... Indeed... SOMEONE DID write the statement from James...

But really... does it matter... he put his name on it, it is from his camp, written in first person...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/18/2010 5:13pm
My guess is that a good chunk of the quotes came from James, but that it got polished first.

If it had typos and some grammar or puncutation errors, you guys would be all over that, too. It's sort of a no-win for him.
pitbike502
1/18/2010 5:19pm
"By now most of you have likely seen, read, or heard about my chaotic night at round number two of the Supercross series in Phoenix. Nothing seemed to go my way last night, but at the end of it all, I chalk most of the events up to an unfortunate string of bad luck! Here’s my take…

After setting the fastest overall lap in qualifying, I went into the night program feeling pretty good. In what can only really be described as an unfortunate racing incident, however, I ended up hobbling off the track after getting landed on in my heat race. I was in pretty bad shape, but I tried my best to get back out there to race for as many points as possible in the main event. After a rough start, I found myself battling mid-pack, which ended in a pileup on lap five with Reed. The accident itself was a bummer, but while I was getting up, CR hit me in the back of my head. Needless to say, I was pretty dissatisfied with his decision to do so, especially given the fact that it’s not the first time this has happened.

From there, I simply rode my best to salvage as many points as possible, and then after the race went straight back to the pits to have a chat with Chad about the incident. To say that I was frustrated at this point would be a huge understatement, so I think it was for the best that Chad, nor anyone from his team, could be found at their truck.

I want to race. That’s why I’m here. So to consistently have to look over my shoulder every time CR gets close has gotten really old. From where I sit, it sure seems like he has repeatedly tried to take me out, which makes me question his agenda.

Thank you all for your loyal support, and I look forward to the championship battle that lies ahead.

- James"

How was that obvious some one else wrote it? sounds kinda lame, but really doesnt say much..
prillernut
1/18/2010 5:23pm
"...Needless to say, I was pretty dissatisfied with his decision to do so (hit me in the back of my head)..." Laughing

pretty entertaining comment... well written... yeah, I'm quite sure JS didn't compose and put this out singlehandedly, but I wouldn't expect him to, with the resources available on a major team.
`ol Ger
1/18/2010 5:27pm
GuyB wrote:
My guess is that a good chunk of the quotes came from James, but that it got polished first. If it had typos and some grammar...
My guess is that a good chunk of the quotes came from James, but that it got polished first.

If it had typos and some grammar or puncutation errors, you guys would be all over that, too. It's sort of a no-win for him.
As a writer, we both know that words from the heart reach the heart. And humility goes a long way with people as well.

oG
peelout719
1/18/2010 5:30pm
johnarm wrote:
On Js7.com It's pretty obvious. It has perfect grammar and english and sounds like his agent or PR wrote it after they realized this might...
On Js7.com

It
RACEGUY wrote:

it wasn't a press release... it was a blog.

i have no reason to believe he didn't write it, reading the blog i could practically hear him spewing the same bull-shit round about excuses on the podium.

Void Main
1/18/2010 5:31pm
I'm sure James can afford a spell checker unlike most of the people on this board, and spell checkers are free.
andymoto
1/18/2010 5:35pm
Void Main wrote:
I'm sure James can afford a spell checker unlike most of the people on this board, and spell checkers are free.
Laughing
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 5:52pm
Direct from Chad Reed's blog...
Tempers flared following the race but Reed acknowledged his focus is now is on having his hand assessed ahead of next weekend’s third round of the series.

“We were racing hard and we were racing for a championship where every point counts, as we saw at the end of last season,” Reed explained.

“James went high and I saw an opportunity to pass and took it and we came together end of story. The main focus for me right now is to seek medical advice and understand what sort of injury my hand has sustained.

“That’s got to be the priority right now then once I know where I am at I will take a little time to reflect on what happened,” he added.

He does not blame James or bad mouth him at all. Seems like there used to be a difference in speed, but now there is a difference in maturity levels....
oldx
1/18/2010 6:07pm
He should hire Mike A to write his press releases.
toby lawes
1/18/2010 6:19pm
oldx wrote:
He should hire Mike A to write his press releases.
why not tony?? isnt he a bad roll model for a father like me???????
seven11
1/18/2010 6:23pm
Of course he didn't write that. I bet he doesn't wipe his own ass anymore
toby lawes
1/18/2010 6:28pm
i know!! i was talking to old X he knows what im talking about

Post a reply to: Someone wrote the statement from James

The Latest