Some of you in here have lost your marbles...

Bauer
3/1/2015 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2015 4:01pm
Wow, you guys take this shit way too seriously, considering none of you are stakeholders. Why do you people get all worked up, letting Nationalist pride cloud your thinking and turn you into childish pricks? I don't get it. Some of you sound like religious zealots, like you would behead each other if you had a chance!

Lighten up, enjoy the racing.

What Villopoto is doing by going over there is unprecedented and ridiculously difficult. It took Brad 10 long years to win the 500 title and sucked the life out of him. Has it occurred to any of you that it's a motorcycle race and all the racers are just guys who put their pants on one leg at a time, whether they are American, Euro, Aussie or Zimbabwe?

Nagl isn't going to win every GP, although watching him make it look easy yesterday gives that impression. Believe me, all of these guys are going to have off days...Cairoli had one yesterday. It doesn't make any of you more right or wrong than anyone else.

Anyone who thought that RV was going to go over there and moonwalk to the title was detached from reality and probably suffering from PPR (Patriotic Pride Retardation) of the brain. It's a horrible disorder that sometimes even affects world leaders and costs countless lives.

So let's try to remember we all came from the same stardust, whether you think it was billions of years ago, or just a few thousand...and keep the beheadings to a minimum, at least in this forum.
|
stillwelding
3/1/2015 5:20pm
What are you really trying to say, I fell asleep after the first chapter. Tongue
stillwelding
3/1/2015 5:25pm
Steve, I think the GP's lost about 99% of the American Vitards, after RV didn't win the first Moto. Too sad.
kiwifan
thats what I said in another thread, stop beating him up or whatever, enjoy the racing, if RV wins then great if not it isnt the end of the world, especially after 1 round ffs

The Shop

oldrider
Bauer wrote:
Wow, you guys take this shit way too seriously, considering none of you are stakeholders. Why do you people get all worked up, letting Nationalist pride...
Wow, you guys take this shit way too seriously, considering none of you are stakeholders. Why do you people get all worked up, letting Nationalist pride cloud your thinking and turn you into childish pricks? I don't get it. Some of you sound like religious zealots, like you would behead each other if you had a chance!

What Villopoto is doing by going over there is unprecedented and ridiculously difficult. It took Brad 10 long years to win the 500 title and sucked the life out of him. Has it occurred to any of you that it's a motorcycle race and all the racers are just guys who put their pants on one leg at a time, whether they are American, Euro, Aussie or Zimbabwe?

Nagl isn't going to win every GP, although watching him make it look easy yesterday gives that impression. Believe me, all of these guys are going to have off days...Cairoli had one yesterday. It doesn't make any of you more right or wrong than anyone else.

Anyone who thought that RV was going to go over there and moonwalk to the title was detached from reality and probably suffering from PPR (Patriotic Pride Retardation) of the brain. It's a horrible disorder that sometimes even affects world leaders and costs countless lives.

So let's try to remember we all came from the same stardust, whether you think it was billions of years ago, or just a few thousand...and keep the beheadings to a minimum, at least in this forum.
great post! bravo
stillwelding
3/1/2015 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 5:29pm
MXSports is right, best post of the week. It's everything I wanted to say before Saturday, but don't like the feel of tar and feathers. Anyway, as you know, RV, and any other guy at that level, don't really give a shit what the spectators/fans, think anyway. At least while their still competing.
3/1/2015 5:33pm
The old motocross magazines covered the GP series. USGP's allowed you to get a glimpse of these riders and their outdoor talents. There wasn't this Us against Them mentality. I loved reading about the 500/250/125 GP series and the tracks looked stunning. Wish the attitude was a little more friendly all around. There's a lot a great talent on both sides of the ocean and has been for decades.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/1/2015 5:34pm
Bauer wrote:
Wow, you guys take this shit way too seriously, considering none of you are stakeholders. Why do you people get all worked up, letting Nationalist pride...

I was going to make this same post but didn't give enough shits.

Other than a select few like Ozzy, who are actually involved with a rider/team, no one has an stake in this shit. The whole "we should have sent _____ over to Europe", "we showed you americans", blablablaaa from every nation, you all come across as kooks who think you are somehow involved with decisions made/outcome of the race.
hillbilly
3/1/2015 5:35pm
Steve,they never had the marbles to loose, that bag was empty before the circle was drawn in the dirt, like any of you ever played marbles.
Bultaco
3/1/2015 6:02pm
Damn Bauer....don't be injecting reality and sense into this soap opera.

None the less, well said. [Thumbs up icon here]
JW381
3/1/2015 6:06pm
Afuckingmen. It's pathetic. Everyone should be excited as to how interesting this GP season is going to be. People would lose interest by round 4 if he just cleaned up every moto.
j100
3/1/2015 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 6:10pm
yessssss! you hit this right on the head, Bauer.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
3/1/2015 6:31pm
Great post. I'm a huge fan of racing, not racers, and Qatar should show everyone that the MXGP class is seriously stacked with talent. This is not the RV vs. AC show, Nagl, Paulin, Desalle, etc. are all the real deal.
PJ205
3/1/2015 6:59pm
DanDunes818
3/1/2015 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 7:10pm
Bauer, I could not agree with a post more. It's incredible how everyone has this us against them mentality. They are two very different series' and when the World Champions come here, they seldom get right to winning for the same reasons Ryan isn't going to win immediately. I've never been more excited for a year of racing and that's because I realize how difficult what Ryan's trying to do is. I literally am counting the minutes until Thailand, and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about racing.

I love the posts I read before the season that said Ryan is doing this to cruise in with a world championship and call it a career. There will be no cruising and I think Ryan knew that more than anyone. This is the hardest route Ryan could of chosen to close his career out and I respect him more than ever for it. The man could of won five straight SX Championships and been the only man in history to do that but he was over that.. Instead, he chose to move himself and his family to a strange land, with a new team, new food, new tracks, new riders and try to do something else nobody has ever done. Yes, we've had guys go there to chase World Championships, but we've never had someone vacate their Championship to do it. In my opinion, he isn't doing this just because of his Kawasaki contract and he's definitely not doing it for the fans, for his country or for anyone. This is just for him and his need to take on new challenges.

Also, I know I'm probably wrong and maybe just wishful thinking, but I can't see him retiring if he doesn't win.
LappedU
3/1/2015 7:35pm
If it were easy we would all be world and national champions! let's watch it all unfold and enjoy!!!
tiddlermx23
3/1/2015 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 7:48pm
Watching that race made it all the more exciting to tune in for next weeks race imo. I don't know how I managed but I was able to hold off hearing the results until someone posted the first moto on youtube right after Atlanta was over. I see 3-5 guys who are going to give AC222 and RV2 fit this year and Villopoto will get this shit figured out. Dudes not even scored points in a main one weekend and still won a SX title at the end of the year.This is going to be a great series and no one on any continent can argue with that.
FlowingRiver
3/1/2015 7:50pm
Will RV have a shot at a Wonder Warthog ride after this season?
Lucifa.
3/1/2015 8:05pm
Bauer wrote:

Fucking A!
ChrisB10
3/1/2015 8:18pm
The Euros are trying to take our freedom. Over my dead body.

(Sarcasm)
Seamorbutts
3/1/2015 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 8:59pm
If PPR is contagious, MX Follower and Zook11 need to be quarantined ASAP!!!
bvm111
3/1/2015 9:06pm
holy shit you guys are taking this shit too seriously!!!

this is supposed to be fun... you guys are worse than my wife in sucking the life and oxygen out of everything we do here!

lighten up a little....Seriously!!!
kongols
3/1/2015 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 9:14pm
Bauer, I could not agree with a post more. It's incredible how everyone has this us against them mentality. They are two very different series' and...
Bauer, I could not agree with a post more. It's incredible how everyone has this us against them mentality. They are two very different series' and when the World Champions come here, they seldom get right to winning for the same reasons Ryan isn't going to win immediately. I've never been more excited for a year of racing and that's because I realize how difficult what Ryan's trying to do is. I literally am counting the minutes until Thailand, and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about racing.

I love the posts I read before the season that said Ryan is doing this to cruise in with a world championship and call it a career. There will be no cruising and I think Ryan knew that more than anyone. This is the hardest route Ryan could of chosen to close his career out and I respect him more than ever for it. The man could of won five straight SX Championships and been the only man in history to do that but he was over that.. Instead, he chose to move himself and his family to a strange land, with a new team, new food, new tracks, new riders and try to do something else nobody has ever done. Yes, we've had guys go there to chase World Championships, but we've never had someone vacate their Championship to do it. In my opinion, he isn't doing this just because of his Kawasaki contract and he's definitely not doing it for the fans, for his country or for anyone. This is just for him and his need to take on new challenges.

Also, I know I'm probably wrong and maybe just wishful thinking, but I can't see him retiring if he doesn't win.
I`m already keeping my fingers crossed he stays another year. Win or lose.
ChrisB10
3/1/2015 9:49pm
bvm111 wrote:
holy shit you guys are taking this shit too seriously!!! this is supposed to be fun... you guys are worse than my wife in sucking the...
holy shit you guys are taking this shit too seriously!!!

this is supposed to be fun... you guys are worse than my wife in sucking the life and oxygen out of everything we do here!

lighten up a little....Seriously!!!
The guy who types 7 exclamation points in his post is telling people to lighten up.
3/2/2015 2:31am
RV2 will win, not every race and i had no delusions he was gonna win yesterday. but look at the facts... 1. He had a bad day, getting stuck in the gate is so rare in general and to see RV there which seemed like an eternity when it happened before he got out he still finished in the top 10 from DEAD last... 2. sorry but the track was lit like shit, those of us from so- cal that remember racing at corona/speedway 117/ etc. for me personally racing in bad lighting is not fun.. the track reminded me of Starwest on steroids Smile minus the lighting. 3. in the end RV2 finished a respectable 7th over all. it was better then i thought he would do to be honest. why yawl getting so uptight about it i can't understand. RV2 will do better , he's gonna have his bad days too but so will everyone else that is as they say Racing. and its good and its fun cause the US has something truly to cheer about.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
3/2/2015 2:53am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2015 2:54am
Bauer wrote:

Sure, but once Villo gets his pants on, he wins championships. Wink

https://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA?list=PLqqlG81kRnNRVmxmXEfUSIHH40cELTJYs
philG
3/2/2015 3:01am
He didn't get stuck in the gate.. He stalled. Not the same thing.
But that is a great post.. PPR.. Love it
Jefro98
3/2/2015 3:07am
Couldn't agree more Steve.

Post a reply to: Some of you in here have lost your marbles...

The Latest