So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

twotwosix
Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 1:25pm
With so little factual/actual talk about the Stewarts, they must be brewing up their dream team thing for 2018 right? I mean if they weren't, surely Malcolm's name would have been in the mix for a few of these open rides. James says he isn't done (so says DC), they are permanent numbers 7 & 27, I gotta think they are doing their own team. Probably building off what Malcolm did in '17 SX with that semi and crew? James brining in a few sponsors, Seven gear for both and a new RedBull lid for Malcolm?

|
mb60
9/20/2017 2:53pm
Well you see what had happened was. LOL
twotwosix
9/20/2017 2:55pm
mb60 wrote:
Well you see what had happened was. LOL
ECUs and blisters aside... SillySillyGrinning
BMSOBx2
9/20/2017 3:09pm
Again I say who gives a f***?
boston_jorj
9/20/2017 3:13pm
You would think there would be some chatter about who Malcom was riding for by now.

The Shop

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
9/20/2017 3:18pm
Well if James doesn't race, be nice to see some sort of an appearance, maybe call out a race or two this season with the announcers.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/20/2017 3:19pm
You would think there would be some chatter about who Malcom was riding for by now.
Dude hes got till like the end of January to get shit together.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/20/2017 3:25pm
How on earth did Mookie end up with #27?
Mouse153
9/20/2017 3:33pm
Based off of the Racer-X article with Big James JS7 will not be spending his own money to go racing so if he's to be believed we won't see that happening and he made it very clear that he will also require factory parts like suspension and ECUs he's not racing. I don't want to see Malcom wait for James any longer. He needs go do his thing ASAP.
9/20/2017 3:33pm
GrapeApe wrote:
AMA changed the rules so that past 250 champions get a career number.. same way Justin Hill got 46.

OT: I think they were supposed to do a team last year.. I'll believe it when I see it.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/20/2017 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 3:38pm
GrapeApe wrote:
AMA changed the rules so that past 250 champions get a career number.. same way Justin Hill got 46. OT: I think they were supposed to...
AMA changed the rules so that past 250 champions get a career number.. same way Justin Hill got 46.

OT: I think they were supposed to do a team last year.. I'll believe it when I see it.
250 motocross champions, yes. But they are now giving career numbers to guys that only race 8 times a year?
9/20/2017 3:41pm
GrapeApe wrote:
AMA changed the rules so that past 250 champions get a career number.. same way Justin Hill got 46. OT: I think they were supposed to...

GrapeApe wrote:
250 motocross champions, yes. But they are now giving career numbers to guys that only race 8 times a year?
Yup, just plain stupidity IMO.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
9/20/2017 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 3:48pm
No offense to Malcolm, cause he is top 5 fast in speed, but he doesn't have the main event results yet. He struggled in 20 minute mains with only 2 top 10's in 15 races with an average finish of 14th place. Yeah he had 6 lap heat races in him, but teams want guys that are ready to go the distance and put in the effort. Yes he was a rookie, but Cooper Webb had 1 podium, 2 top 5s, 6 top 10s in 12 races with an average finish of 10th and that was considered a struggle.

To me there are only a few spots where he could potentially be an equal option to the guy currently signed for that ride. Almost all of the guys with factory rides are past 250 champs, and those that are not past 250 champs have wins and podiums in the 450 class indoors and out. Plus there's a couple more unemployed guys that have won or podiumed 450 races recently too.

It sucks that there aren't enough factory spots to go around right now, but next year will only get worse as guys like Savatgy/Osborne/Plessinger get moved out of the 250 class.
mauidex
9/20/2017 3:49pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
the correct answer to the questionWhistlingWhistling
9/20/2017 3:55pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
mauidex wrote:
the correct answer to the questionWhistlingWhistling
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds of media attention. Hopefully they are taking their time to do it right.
cali11
9/20/2017 3:57pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
You must, you took the time to click on the thread
rileymx
9/20/2017 4:04pm
here is one of the reasons why Herlings can come and race the prime class of american motocross and go from last to first easy......
these guys are nothing more them drama bitches that just keep on milking the money available for the sport, they are not athletes, not even mx racers, just some video stars that are all about the swag....kind of like the freestylers but in pro racing.......
still they are always on the main focus of the media and the fans, and because of that they still get the most out of the sponsors and investors of the sport. all that hype and valor given to them is taken from all the others that actually race and train hard and need a big budget to keep training every day and racing hard so they can evolve.....
american mx is now a lot more about the glitter and the talk, and less and less about the results, at the moment there are still a lot of excuses and a few great europeans that race in america and are now seen as americans by the fans and not anymore like the fouls that can't ride and are there for the fans to make fun as it was awhile back.....a few years back the greats of mx were a lot of americans, europe had to fight to put in one or two in a top 10 list.....nowadays america has Tomac, and he isn't yet at that level of the greats.....even those hot young guns that came up every year all full of hype, are still coming up from lorretas, just don't have the hype anymore......
i think it is time for american mx fans to give their hype and support to the racers that actually race !!!!! they really need your support to grow and evolve.......and leave those drama queens to what they really are.......for the good of the sport !!!!!!!!
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
9/20/2017 4:15pm
Waiting for pictures of little Tabius in seven apparel

Or is it just a puff of smoke in the wind now?

Sad
Gus
9/20/2017 4:28pm
MX Guy wrote:
Waiting for pictures of little Tabius in seven apparel

Or is it just a puff of smoke in the wind now?

Sad
You beat me to it. I think the next time you see JS7 is with litte Bubba at the track in 4 years
NorCal 50+
9/20/2017 4:41pm
rileymx wrote:
here is one of the reasons why Herlings can come and race the prime class of american motocross and go from last to first easy...... these...
here is one of the reasons why Herlings can come and race the prime class of american motocross and go from last to first easy......
these guys are nothing more them drama bitches that just keep on milking the money available for the sport, they are not athletes, not even mx racers, just some video stars that are all about the swag....kind of like the freestylers but in pro racing.......
still they are always on the main focus of the media and the fans, and because of that they still get the most out of the sponsors and investors of the sport. all that hype and valor given to them is taken from all the others that actually race and train hard and need a big budget to keep training every day and racing hard so they can evolve.....
american mx is now a lot more about the glitter and the talk, and less and less about the results, at the moment there are still a lot of excuses and a few great europeans that race in america and are now seen as americans by the fans and not anymore like the fouls that can't ride and are there for the fans to make fun as it was awhile back.....a few years back the greats of mx were a lot of americans, europe had to fight to put in one or two in a top 10 list.....nowadays america has Tomac, and he isn't yet at that level of the greats.....even those hot young guns that came up every year all full of hype, are still coming up from lorretas, just don't have the hype anymore......
i think it is time for american mx fans to give their hype and support to the racers that actually race !!!!! they really need your support to grow and evolve.......and leave those drama queens to what they really are.......for the good of the sport !!!!!!!!
I disagree with a good bit, but it is true that the farm league (LL) seems to churn out guys that disappear very quickly these days. A lot of 250F guys have come and gone.

In my opinion, the team gear look makes the 250F guys look so similar that they are hard to tell apart on the track! I get the desire for uniformity but pretty much the names start to feel interchangeable. And getting podium interviews is the quickest way to become recognizable to fans.
mauidex
9/20/2017 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 5:05pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
You must, you took the time to click on the thread
only because i wanted to state my opinion
andrewlewis182
Fantasy
4331st
9/20/2017 5:11pm
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the money it needs to flourish. You can be a hater of the Stewarts or you can be a lover of the Stewarts, doesn't matter. But, when he is racing it's a known fact the stadiums are closer to being filled up. Sponsors/teams/businesses can make money off of Malcolm winning a 6 lap heat and coming in 14th. Why? Because you like to watch him or the drama that comes with them, which in there lies attention. Attention is the running fuel to marketing which then produces dollars. I've said it for years, hiring a well known, well followed rider who gets 6th will direct more attention in the pits than some dweeb getting podium after podium. Look at Stankdog or the 2 stroke guy. They aren't winning but by god he has help and a program and he has 80K+ Instagram followers compared to someone like Kyle Chisholms (who faster and more established) 27K. That's 50K more viewers to any product they have, use, or promote. Example: Not downgrading, but who gives an actual f**k about watching Dan Reardon race supercross, or back in the day a boring ass Tyla Rattray? I'll tell you, about 5% of the mx fan population. BUT, what's the biggest annoyance on this forum? TALKING ABOUT THE STEWARTS. Same goes with the pits, watching races, selling tickets etc. They're everywhere. 100s of threads, 1000s of posts. It's awareness aka marketing. If they're on the track, people care and people watch. Some watch hoping for failure, and some watch hoping for success. Regardless, they WATCH. The same thing is going on right now with the PGA and Tiger Woods. Could he be his dominant self again? Prolly not. BUT by god if he signs up to play again those ticket sales will almost double......
mauidex
9/20/2017 5:12pm
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds...
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds of media attention. Hopefully they are taking their time to do it right.
you are correct however their relevance to anything GOING FORWARD in this sport is done...........you cannot sit on the couch for months and years and then expect you'll matter when you decide its time to make a "comeback"

sad how it all went down but get over it and move on.........both had their time, rodeo is over I'd say UNLESS they have the drive and desire as DW did, and based on current history and comments by big daddy, they are not going to do anything to prove their commitment or desire on their dime

maybe by a slim slim chance Malcolm could, but its time to show me the money I'd say!!UnsureUnsure
mauidex
9/20/2017 5:15pm
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the...
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the money it needs to flourish. You can be a hater of the Stewarts or you can be a lover of the Stewarts, doesn't matter. But, when he is racing it's a known fact the stadiums are closer to being filled up. Sponsors/teams/businesses can make money off of Malcolm winning a 6 lap heat and coming in 14th. Why? Because you like to watch him or the drama that comes with them, which in there lies attention. Attention is the running fuel to marketing which then produces dollars. I've said it for years, hiring a well known, well followed rider who gets 6th will direct more attention in the pits than some dweeb getting podium after podium. Look at Stankdog or the 2 stroke guy. They aren't winning but by god he has help and a program and he has 80K+ Instagram followers compared to someone like Kyle Chisholms (who faster and more established) 27K. That's 50K more viewers to any product they have, use, or promote. Example: Not downgrading, but who gives an actual f**k about watching Dan Reardon race supercross, or back in the day a boring ass Tyla Rattray? I'll tell you, about 5% of the mx fan population. BUT, what's the biggest annoyance on this forum? TALKING ABOUT THE STEWARTS. Same goes with the pits, watching races, selling tickets etc. They're everywhere. 100s of threads, 1000s of posts. It's awareness aka marketing. If they're on the track, people care and people watch. Some watch hoping for failure, and some watch hoping for success. Regardless, they WATCH. The same thing is going on right now with the PGA and Tiger Woods. Could he be his dominant self again? Prolly not. BUT by god if he signs up to play again those ticket sales will almost double......
and how does any of this "MONEY" get to the stewarts or help their program in any way??????
andrewlewis182
Fantasy
4331st
9/20/2017 5:18pm
Heres why MX needs Malcolm/James to race whether you like it or not.....MONEY. Money makes the world go around and quite frankly, MX is lacking the...
mauidex wrote:
and how does any of this "MONEY" get to the stewarts or help their program in any way??????
I'm saying teams should take a chance on them no matter the outcome to provide a ride for them that could potentially pay off big for the sponsors.
mxb2
9/20/2017 5:20pm
I think there are tons of people who await JS7 return. When/I’d news drops there will be a massive thread and it will get all kinds...
mauidex wrote:
you are correct however their relevance to anything GOING FORWARD in this sport is done...........you cannot sit on the couch for months and years and then...
you are correct however their relevance to anything GOING FORWARD in this sport is done...........you cannot sit on the couch for months and years and then expect you'll matter when you decide its time to make a "comeback"

sad how it all went down but get over it and move on.........both had their time, rodeo is over I'd say UNLESS they have the drive and desire as DW did, and based on current history and comments by big daddy, they are not going to do anything to prove their commitment or desire on their dime

maybe by a slim slim chance Malcolm could, but its time to show me the money I'd say!!UnsureUnsure
Why would either Stewart announce any retirement,. Boom, sponsors gone and they cdnt drag the gullible fans along for another year.

Post a reply to: So you have to imagine JS7 & MS27 are doing a team together for '18 SX right?

The Latest