So....who's racing the Yoshi / Suzuki 450 in 2015 SX?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 8/9/2014 12:56pm
I am only asking a question here.....so you super fan boys keep the stupid comments to yourself it would be appreciated.

Serious question........."IF" James isn't allowed to compete this next season ( possibly 2 - 4yrs?).....who in the hell could they get to replace him? What top 10 guy here in the states , or maybe from overseas could fill that factory ride?

Suzuki is in a really weird position here. Think about it......do they gamble on James being cleared to ride SX , or do they take on another rider? They have to make sure that seat is filled and time to do that with a reputable rider may be closing in fast.

FWIW........I hope James gets cleared to ride the SX series. I've said this many times before and haven't said anything in contrast of that. I wish James the best and hope he gets his shit straitened out........but what kind of position does this put Suzuki in?

They may not have a factory team supported bike on the line come A1.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/8/2014 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 8:42pm
Maybe they can sign that James Carmichael or Chad Stewart fella that Ralph Shaheen always talked about??
8/8/2014 8:40pm
They fold up shop and put the money behind Roczen/RCH.

They should spend the money to fix the 250 and get some yellow 250s on the line.
zehn
8/8/2014 8:41pm
The Mookster
Trav138
8/8/2014 8:43pm
They fold up shop and put the money behind Roczen/RCH. They should spend the money to fix the 250 and get some yellow 250s on the...

They should spend the money to fix the 250 and get some yellow 250s on the line.
No doubt
Would be cool to see some factory RMZ 250's again

The Shop

8/8/2014 8:44pm
James will be racing it il put money on it

But if he isnt, il bet RCH gets more funds and yosh becomes a 250 team. If thats way off they probablly a guy like Brayton (i know hese signed but for more money il bet he will switch) still a chance for a not top 3 guy though like tickle, maybe josh hill who knows! itl be wide open
dean122
8/8/2014 8:45pm
Brett Metcalf would be a good guy to bring on, but too bad they completely f'ed him over already.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
8/8/2014 8:50pm
Bring Matt Moss over from Australia.

He was in or around the top ten at the start of 14 when the field was stacked, won a few semi races giving the team some great exposure and TV time and that was on a pretty stock bike just pitting out next to the team.

Would be a lot cheaper than a top ten rider already in the U.S so could be a good option to sign on early as a second rider to James if he does ride and if he does not ride they could bring in a second rider along side Moss as well.
8/8/2014 8:53pm
There are still a bunch of guys in play, right? And maybe the Kawi seat too.

Brayton/Peick/Hahn/Tickle/Hill/Grant/Metty/Pourcel/Weimer

If we assume that Brayton->BTO and Peick->JGR and Tickle->RCH that would still leave Hahn/Hill/Grant/Metty/Pourcel/Weimer.
8/8/2014 9:05pm
Noren? I know he'll struggle more indoors, but maybe under the circumstances you gamble on someone with a one year contract. In a pinch...why not?
8/8/2014 9:10pm
Yosh would never sign noren... if they want a 1 man team they want a top 5 guy there. Id say baggett is a good option, or just turn it into a 250 team... still tho i think james will be allowed to race.. Baggett, hill, hahn all good choices
dean122
8/8/2014 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 9:12pm
With how quickly Noren adapted to the Honda with minimal testing, he could possible do some good things on the Yosh Suz.

When he first came to the US last year or the year before, he bought his own Suzuki 450 and raced it before switching to KTM. He knows the bike well already.
PTECH
8/8/2014 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 9:22pm
I'm thinking this exact scenario will play out. I wouldn't be surprised to not see JS7 not do another professional race. I sure as shit hope I'm wrong about that though. If JS is done poaching Bagget is probably the best chance they have to get a top rider for 2015.
sclark309d
Fantasy
2061st
8/8/2014 9:34pm
Would be fun if they picked Josh Hill, and Hill thumped Roczen and RCH. He'd be hell motivated, and it'd be a great cinderella story.

Every time I see the video of his crash I am amazed he came back this far. And I like underdogs

8/8/2014 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 9:51pm
Not 100% sure on Barcias deal with Jgr, Weston could get a shot, Josh Hill is a closer and was showing good results toward the end of the season, Chad Reed almost dumped twotwo racing last year to ride for Rch, maybe Yoshimura could make an even more appealing deal for him! JG33 could be in the mix...

Really I think Js7 will be on the line for a1...
Flip109
8/8/2014 10:07pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I am only asking a question here.....so you super fan boys keep the stupid comments to yourself it would be appreciated. Serious question........."IF" James isn't allowed...
I am only asking a question here.....so you super fan boys keep the stupid comments to yourself it would be appreciated.

Serious question........."IF" James isn't allowed to compete this next season ( possibly 2 - 4yrs?).....who in the hell could they get to replace him? What top 10 guy here in the states , or maybe from overseas could fill that factory ride?

Suzuki is in a really weird position here. Think about it......do they gamble on James being cleared to ride SX , or do they take on another rider? They have to make sure that seat is filled and time to do that with a reputable rider may be closing in fast.

FWIW........I hope James gets cleared to ride the SX series. I've said this many times before and haven't said anything in contrast of that. I wish James the best and hope he gets his shit straitened out........but what kind of position does this put Suzuki in?

Who would you pick
radialone
8/8/2014 11:36pm
Like Crisp said, I think they shut down the Yosh factory team and RCH becomes the "factory" effort. A la JGR / Yamaha.
jeffro503
8/8/2014 11:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I am only asking a question here.....so you super fan boys keep the stupid comments to yourself it would be appreciated. Serious question........."IF" James isn't allowed...

Flip109 wrote:
Who would you pick
I don't really know who is available to be honest. I'd like to see James stay there as long as he could compete. But if he can't......I'm not sure.

I am thinking along the lines though of maybe seeing the full factory team join in with the RCH team and having Suzuki putting a lot of time in with Kenny. But that all depends on if they are going to merge or keep the two teams separate.

The Suzuki lites could definitely use some help.....as they have nothing going on there. I think they should follow Yamaha's lead and start grooming some fast young kids like Martin and Webb and sign them to a multi year deal.
8/8/2014 11:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Flip109 wrote:
Who would you pick
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't really know who is available to be honest. I'd like to see James stay there as long as he could compete. But if he...
I don't really know who is available to be honest. I'd like to see James stay there as long as he could compete. But if he can't......I'm not sure.

I am thinking along the lines though of maybe seeing the full factory team join in with the RCH team and having Suzuki putting a lot of time in with Kenny. But that all depends on if they are going to merge or keep the two teams separate.

The Suzuki lites could definitely use some help.....as they have nothing going on there. I think they should follow Yamaha's lead and start grooming some fast young kids like Martin and Webb and sign them to a multi year deal.
For a while now ive seen almost everyone list you as a JS7 Hater... i disagree. I feel you like the guy and expect him to do well and are easily dissapointed by some stuff. Im the biggest JS7 fan other than raining yellow, guranteed and il say i have never looked at you as a hater of JS7 but as a Fan or atleast someone that expect alot from him, like most people should. Keep up the good posts. Im like i said a die hard JS7 fan and il bet he will be lining up at a1 (i hope atleast!!!)
8/8/2014 11:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 11:51pm
I really think you guys are underestimating the severity of penalties that WADA deals out. In looking over the history of rulings, the minimum penalty for an amphetamine violation has been 1 year.

What Yosh will do? Who knows. Mookie.....?
ATM983
8/8/2014 11:58pm
As much as I hate to say it...and know it wont happen...id like to see JLAW on RCH
8/9/2014 12:06am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2014 12:07am
I really think you guys are underestimating the severity of penalties that WADA deals out. In looking over the history of rulings, the minimum penalty for...
I really think you guys are underestimating the severity of penalties that WADA deals out. In looking over the history of rulings, the minimum penalty for an amphetamine violation has been 1 year.

What Yosh will do? Who knows. Mookie.....?
WADA doesnt hand out the penaltys in this sport, they have the guidlines but FIM ultimately rules out the penalty. And that info is so false its not even funny, minimum penalty is what they have in baseball wich is a warning for the first amphetamine positive test
Mickolobe7
8/9/2014 12:07am
Ya I think we are all fans of James in one way or another. If you are a MX/SX fan/rider you gotta like the guy for what he has done for the sport. I just hope he gets cleared witch he probably will. Because there is really nobody else would be nice to see the Stewart Brothers ride on the same team.
jeffro503
8/9/2014 12:28am
Flip109 wrote:
Who would you pick
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't really know who is available to be honest. I'd like to see James stay there as long as he could compete. But if he...

For a while now ive seen almost everyone list you as a JS7 Hater... i disagree. I feel you like the guy and expect him to...
For a while now ive seen almost everyone list you as a JS7 Hater... i disagree. I feel you like the guy and expect him to do well and are easily dissapointed by some stuff. Im the biggest JS7 fan other than raining yellow, guranteed and il say i have never looked at you as a hater of JS7 but as a Fan or atleast someone that expect alot from him, like most people should. Keep up the good posts. Im like i said a die hard JS7 fan and il bet he will be lining up at a1 (i hope atleast!!!)
Well thanks.

A lot ( most of it ) the shit talk that gets thrown around between me and some of the other guys on here has gone back and forth for years. I've met James a few different times , shook his hand and was basically in awe knowing that I was talking to one of the baddest MoFo's to ever ride a bike. I fucking dig the guy! As I dig a LOT of the really fast dudes in our sport!

I am ( and always have been ) a big fan of James. His super retarded stalker fan base.....not so much. Take Mick above me here , or guys like Kong0036......super huge JS7 fans , and yet they give respect to other riders and don't feel the need to bash other riders to make their own personal favorite look better. they do things and say things in a classy manner.....I can talk moto with dudes like that all day long.

The other guys ( some are still here and some aren't ).......go against 99% of the grain on this site.....it's why they get clicked and why they keep coming back with a different user names. Me.....I've had this same user name since I joined here and used it 10yrs ago on Fresh dirt and Motodrive. I've only been clicked once because I lost my cool.....but for the most part I speak from the heart.

There are certain shitheads on this site that do nothing but cause problems......It's why they get clicked! Sometimes I say shit , when others choose to be quite. I'm just wired that way and won't stop.

Back to the point....YES , I hope and wish 100% that James gets to keep that ride and keep racing. Weather that happens or not....I don't know.
mxdude105
8/9/2014 5:23am
I think if James doesn't race Yoshimura Suzuki ceases to exist as a team. If you look carefully, the lines between Team JS7 and Team Yoshimura have gotten pretty blurry, I don't see them sticking around without him. Not to mention, who else are they going to get capable of winning races? At this point it seems all the top guys are locked down. The only possible I see is Baggett, but if he does go to Suzuki I think he'll do a year on the 250 first.
downard254
8/9/2014 5:44am
They fold up shop and put the money behind Roczen/RCH. They should spend the money to fix the 250 and get some yellow 250s on the...

^^^^^^Right there's your answer. Well, the most logical answer.
downard254
8/9/2014 5:52am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2014 5:52am
I don't think most people who come across as JS7 haters are actually haters, but really frustrated fans of the sport (or good racing as the case may be), I like James, and love to watch him when he's on, BUT, and this is a big but, watching him try to finish a season is like watching Dungey try to pass and instead follow a rider for an entire race. Oh, and I'm a big Dungey fan too. Anyone else get the comparison here that I'm trying to describe. Sometimes I just want to throw a brick at the TV.
nytsmaC
8/9/2014 6:10am
RV will come out of retirement at the last second and race for Yosh-Zuk. You can take that to the bank and STAMP it when you get there!

Post a reply to: So....who's racing the Yoshi / Suzuki 450 in 2015 SX?

The Latest