So who now thinks RV is also gonna retire?

Darryl916
Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 1:31pm
I mean he lied once. Who's to say the retirement "rumor" isn't also true???
|
marx41
Fantasy
904th
5/5/2014 6:35pm
He's going for 5 in a row next year before he retires.
5/5/2014 6:53pm
Anderson was injured and rode to a 6th place finish, to just squeak by with title. Adam injured and sat out remainder if season when he had point lead. Davalos gave up championship for injury.

RV has a bad knee and leads the last 80 laps of the year. Sure.
oldAFI
5/5/2014 7:19pm
Weird, my post was deleted. Makes me believe I was on to something... all I said was I hope he doesn't retire cause then the "ducking the blood test" accusations would get thrown around.

Why is that worth deleting??

The Shop

Grizz
5/5/2014 7:20pm
What part of retiring after his Kawasaki contract is up did you not understand?
dirtnapper
5/5/2014 7:23pm
I just have a feeling he won't come back after this one as strong as the last couple times.

I would venture to say he won't five - peat next year in SX, if he even does go racing. IF.
Grizz
5/5/2014 7:29pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I just have a feeling he won't come back after this one as strong as the last couple times. I would venture to say he won't...
I just have a feeling he won't come back after this one as strong as the last couple times.

I would venture to say he won't five - peat next year in SX, if he even does go racing. IF.
I'm wondering why you don't think he would come back as strong? He just lead the last 80 laps of supercross with a bum knee, how the hell would he not be able to do that with a healthy one.
dirtnapper
5/5/2014 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 7:49pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I just have a feeling he won't come back after this one as strong as the last couple times. I would venture to say he won't...

Grizz wrote:
I'm wondering why you don't think he would come back as strong? He just lead the last 80 laps of supercross with a bum knee, how...
I'm wondering why you don't think he would come back as strong? He just lead the last 80 laps of supercross with a bum knee, how the hell would he not be able to do that with a healthy one.
Just my thoughts.

He's a year older. That's something to consider. With a knee surgery and recovery it will be quite some time before he is back on the bike. Hopefully the other guys will still be fit and healthy, and ready to challenge him in Jan.

Just my opinion, bro, sorry if you don't agree Whistling
racer369
5/5/2014 7:46pm
oldAFI wrote:
Weird, my post was deleted. Makes me believe I was on to something... all I said was I hope he doesn't retire cause then the "ducking...
Weird, my post was deleted. Makes me believe I was on to something... all I said was I hope he doesn't retire cause then the "ducking the blood test" accusations would get thrown around.

Mine on the PED subject got move to dungeon go look there
Huevos
5/5/2014 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 7:49pm
Haha, Grizz. "Bum knee".
JW381
5/5/2014 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2014 8:07pm
Burnout is tough in this sport. I wonder why that is, it doesn't seem to me that burnout is such a "pandemic" in other sports like it is in MX/SX. I know I'm speaking generally, but think of all the guys that have either hung em up, or taken a few years off because the grind and pressure of winning was too much. I'm not insinuating that these guys are pussies, I couldn't handle a day of it, just observing.

I think he'll come back and race the MEC, from there, I really have no clue. He just got done commenting on how long and strenuous the supercross season is. (ALAS, AN ANSWER!) Maybe that's it, most sports don't have two different seasons within a calendar year. SX is only getting longer and more strenuous, and the outdoors are staying the same, that's a lot of work and pressure.
oldAFI
5/5/2014 8:24pm
oldAFI wrote:
Weird, my post was deleted. Makes me believe I was on to something... all I said was I hope he doesn't retire cause then the "ducking...

racer369 wrote:
It just goes to show what people (in this case GuyB ) will do to ensure a rider's good name. I'm sure Lance had people like that too.

In reality, censorship will only fuel the fire. Transparency and open dialogue is what is needed, that way there is no darkness for the accusations to lurk in.

If RV or anyone is clean, what is there to hide?
manering
5/5/2014 9:38pm
oldAFI wrote:

racer369 wrote:
makes it look even worse when all the ped posts are being deleted. very suspect .
kongols
5/5/2014 9:48pm
It depends on how much he`ll enjoy this vacation. I hope he get`s bored and comes back for more.
Grizz
5/5/2014 9:54pm
oldAFI wrote:

racer369 wrote:
manering wrote:
makes it look even worse when all the ped posts are being deleted. very suspect .
They are deleted because they are stupid.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/5/2014 10:17pm
He's trying to get out of his contract, that's not a rumor. Sitting out the nationals may have him back in 2015, but I wouldn't bet on it. Stranger things have happened.... STAMP IT !!
olds cool
5/5/2014 10:18pm
After this moto gig is up, the boy has a bright future...in politics. Can you say Senator Villopoto?
CASH476
5/5/2014 10:20pm
oldAFI wrote:

racer369 wrote:
manering wrote:
Make you guys look like fuckwits. The 450s have had drug testing during supercross for years now.
Huevos
5/5/2014 10:47pm
CASH476 wrote:
Make you guys look like fuckwits. The 450s have had drug testing during supercross for years now.
Not for doping.
wow123
9/15/2014 3:48am
JW381 wrote:
Burnout is tough in this sport. I wonder why that is, it doesn't seem to me that burnout is such a "pandemic" in other sports like...
Burnout is tough in this sport. I wonder why that is, it doesn't seem to me that burnout is such a "pandemic" in other sports like it is in MX/SX. I know I'm speaking generally, but think of all the guys that have either hung em up, or taken a few years off because the grind and pressure of winning was too much. I'm not insinuating that these guys are pussies, I couldn't handle a day of it, just observing.

I think he'll come back and race the MEC, from there, I really have no clue. He just got done commenting on how long and strenuous the supercross season is. (ALAS, AN ANSWER!) Maybe that's it, most sports don't have two different seasons within a calendar year. SX is only getting longer and more strenuous, and the outdoors are staying the same, that's a lot of work and pressure.
my take is similar

the travel, the level of fitness/intensity and the brutalitiy

you got 17 + 12 + probably another 10 weeks of travel per years, that's a lot.

and they are operating at an elite level fitness wise

then add in the danger, which can play tricks on your mind that you have to overcome

superdudes comes to mind Laughing

Hman144
Fantasy
714th
9/15/2014 5:59am
racer369 wrote:
manering wrote:
Grizz wrote:
They are deleted because they are stupid.
Pha! If that were the criteria, there wouldn't be much to read on here during the off season...
Outsider
9/15/2014 6:28am
Some real pieces of shit posting on this board.
Excaliburbmx
9/15/2014 6:41am
Ped threads go to the dumbgeon because they are accusations without one fact.
If someone fails a test we would hear about it.
James Stewart he failed and we heard about it.

How is it every time we have a dominate rider there has to be a dark reason why he wins?
IWreckALot
9/15/2014 7:35am
Ped threads go to the dumbgeon because they are accusations without one fact. If someone fails a test we would hear about it. James Stewart he...
Ped threads go to the dumbgeon because they are accusations without one fact.
If someone fails a test we would hear about it.
James Stewart he failed and we heard about it.

How is it every time we have a dominate rider there has to be a dark reason why he wins?
ADD meds are considered a "dark reason" for him winning?
JIM256
9/15/2014 7:57am
i still find it hard to believe that he is racing the gp's...even though a lot of signs point to it. He has nothing else to prove, is burned out beyond belief and it makes sense he would hang it up and retire. Isn't there even more traveling in the gp's and even more drama and politics with the man in charge over there? He retires... or is getting paid a stupid amount to make it all worth while...
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/15/2014 8:03am
JIM256 wrote:
i still find it hard to believe that he is racing the gp's...even though a lot of signs point to it. He has nothing else to...
i still find it hard to believe that he is racing the gp's...even though a lot of signs point to it. He has nothing else to prove, is burned out beyond belief and it makes sense he would hang it up and retire. Isn't there even more traveling in the gp's and even more drama and politics with the man in charge over there? He retires... or is getting paid a stupid amount to make it all worth while...
Is 12 MILLION enough ? Woohoo

Post a reply to: So who now thinks RV is also gonna retire?

The Latest