So where are all these 2 stroke revolutionaries?

MX4EVR
3/25/2011 5:40am
Nutty C wrote:
Ya you guys are right two strokes are dead. Now would someone put their 2010 YZ 250 smoker on the market for three grand for me...
Ya you guys are right two strokes are dead. Now would someone put their 2010 YZ 250 smoker on the market for three grand for me to buy.

Craigslist Tulsa
2009 Yamaha Yz250 - $4000 (Beggs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a Yamaha Yz250 2-stroke, It has about 10 hours on it. I bought it brand new last year and couldn't do much riding, im buying a house so need the money! It has a twin air air filter, FMF silencer, a skid plate. I still have factory silencer if you want it, one lift stand and a triangle stand. I need $4000 for it, But I can work with you alittle bit!!! Call or Text (918) 752-4618 at anytime!!
wardy
3/25/2011 8:25am
Bulldog wrote:
"[b]When I switched from my 450F to my 250SX in August '07 I was an oddball on the 2 stroke. KTM's were pretty rare too. Now...
"When I switched from my 450F to my 250SX in August '07 I was an oddball on the 2 stroke. KTM's were pretty rare too.

Now an average day w/ 100-200 riders at my local track I'd say KTM's represent about 15-20% of the total bikes and that 2 strokes represent about 25% of the bikes and growing.
"

Offroad in Virginia 2-Strokes made up 66% of the bikes raced in 2010. That is up from 64% in 2009. Average turn out for a VCHSS event = 400 riders.

Contingencies for 2-Strokes: Yamaha, KTM and Husqvarna are offering it this year for us.
yep and Husky is one of the best programs out there right now.

like i said earlier it's not surprising to see the smokers in off road racing and more and more euro's are going to be seen as they didn't go exclusive to the turds.

also the increase in off road racing is interesting to see. more and more parents are liking the fact that racing a HS race gives a kid an hour or hour and half on the bike, no triples, and a much shorter day. Ten years from now Off Road racing will be equal to or passing MX in particiapation. (JMO). What other type of racing can a 15 year old go out on the same course and beat dad and race his competitors at that same time????

The biggest issues will be places to race off road since it takes so much more land.

when the FI smoker comes out and doesn't break the bank that will be interesting....
3/25/2011 8:27am
wardy wrote:
yep and Husky is one of the best programs out there right now. like i said earlier it's not surprising to see the smokers in off...
yep and Husky is one of the best programs out there right now.

like i said earlier it's not surprising to see the smokers in off road racing and more and more euro's are going to be seen as they didn't go exclusive to the turds.

also the increase in off road racing is interesting to see. more and more parents are liking the fact that racing a HS race gives a kid an hour or hour and half on the bike, no triples, and a much shorter day. Ten years from now Off Road racing will be equal to or passing MX in particiapation. (JMO). What other type of racing can a 15 year old go out on the same course and beat dad and race his competitors at that same time????

The biggest issues will be places to race off road since it takes so much more land.

when the FI smoker comes out and doesn't break the bank that will be interesting....
Don't forget safety. I see a lot of woman, girls, little kids etc riding offroad. I see a sea of orange too.
Nutty C
3/25/2011 11:09am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2011 11:11am
MX4EVR wrote:
[img]http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz61/Animalcontrolauthority/bike22.jpg[/img] Craigslist Tulsa 2009 Yamaha Yz250 - $4000 (Beggs) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's a Yamaha Yz250 2-stroke, It has about 10 hours on it. I bought it brand...

Craigslist Tulsa
2009 Yamaha Yz250 - $4000 (Beggs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a Yamaha Yz250 2-stroke, It has about 10 hours on it. I bought it brand new last year and couldn't do much riding, im buying a house so need the money! It has a twin air air filter, FMF silencer, a skid plate. I still have factory silencer if you want it, one lift stand and a triangle stand. I need $4000 for it, But I can work with you alittle bit!!! Call or Text (918) 752-4618 at anytime!!
That is a sweet bike you should have no problem selling it. It would be 24 hour drive for me to pick it up so I can't do it. I will have to keep riding my 2000 yz 250 smoker. Hmmm how many 2000 426 thumpers still running trouble free. Half of them are now fridges and stoves.

The Shop

Nutty C
3/25/2011 12:25pm
nytsmaC wrote:
[img]http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv212/Camstyn/photo-1.jpg[/img]
Viable option but for me I got to look at parts availability. The dealer for Husky and Ktm is well over a hour drive for me. Got to stay blue.
FlaNard
3/25/2011 1:27pm
Its almost half and half at my local track now depending on the day. Still more thumpers, but not by much.
3/25/2011 3:12pm
At the poormans track I go to, it's usually 80% 2 strokes. But it's called shady grove, and it is where the old bikes go. It is definitely the abnormal. When I go to the big tracks, its more like 15-25% 2 strokes. But with the new rules in Texas, I'd guess that will start moving to 50/50. Offroad, has a lot of 2 strokers too. I believe the future holds a 50/50 ratio everywhere.

Post a reply to: So where are all these 2 stroke revolutionaries?

The Latest