So...seriously, no one wants Mookie for Outdoors??

Edited Date/Time 5/13/2015 5:56pm
Or is he still dealing with health issues and worried about dehydration?

I know his Geico deal was SX only. But the guy won a race and landed on the podium several times. There are a lot of 250 and 450 Factory riders or Factory supported riders who can't say that.

Maybe his Geico deal won't let him ride for another team? Unsure. Any info would be nice.

Plus he is a huge draw in the pits. So weird he never has a full fledged deal.
|
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
5/5/2015 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 3:21pm
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/5/2015 3:18pm
I think Guyb said something is in the works, maybe he will chime in for us.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/5/2015 3:20pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think Guyb said something is in the works, maybe he will chime in for us.
It was just a hunch. We'll have to see if anything develops.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/5/2015 3:21pm
GuyB wrote:
Cool, thanks.

The Shop

newmann
5/5/2015 3:26pm
Seems to be a lot less drama following him than his brother. I also think he has a bit better riding style than James. Of course James still pulls off crazy shit at warp speed that no one else does.....
Jrewing
5/5/2015 3:29pm
Can't Suzuki put him on his brothers bike?
vschaik141
5/5/2015 3:52pm
Jrewing wrote:
Can't Suzuki put him on his brothers bike?
would be a shame not to have him race the outdoors.
so talented and super fast on both 250 & 450.
I see him battling for podium pos in some races no matter what class he's in and with a good season under his belt develop into a tittle contender next year.
James will be remembered as Malcom's brother.
JPT
5/5/2015 3:55pm
He's a popular rider who can put together some great rides. Bunch of others have been signed with less to offer.
5/5/2015 3:55pm
He is without a doubt my favorite rider right now. He's a big guy and for him to be that size and doing relatively well is just awesome. He also seems like a down to earth guy given his last name and sport.
mag250
5/5/2015 4:02pm
GuyB wrote:
So what happened to "he won't be doing the outdoors due to health reasons" ......huh ?
Found a magic cure for his "dehydration issues" I take it ?

Hope it works out and his health isn't an issue.

kiwifan
5/5/2015 4:14pm
Well if the health issues are sorted and he can run 100% for full moto (both motots) then I hope it works out for him
Danster
5/5/2015 4:17pm
Or is he still dealing with health issues and worried about dehydration? I know his Geico deal was SX only. But the guy won a race...
Or is he still dealing with health issues and worried about dehydration?

I know his Geico deal was SX only. But the guy won a race and landed on the podium several times. There are a lot of 250 and 450 Factory riders or Factory supported riders who can't say that.

Maybe his Geico deal won't let him ride for another team? Unsure. Any info would be nice.

Plus he is a huge draw in the pits. So weird he never has a full fledged deal.
Millsaps bike, Factory Kawasaki 450f for 2015 AMA outdoor nationals
motomike137
5/5/2015 4:24pm
newmann wrote:
Seems to be a lot less drama following him than his brother. I also think he has a bit better riding style than James. Of course...
Seems to be a lot less drama following him than his brother. I also think he has a bit better riding style than James. Of course James still pulls off crazy shit at warp speed that no one else does.....
Malcolm is a cool dude and would probably put in a solid season for somebody but "better riding style than James"? That's a stretch!
5/5/2015 4:30pm
I doubt he would land at Factory Kawi but there are a lot of teams who would have done better, imo, picking Malcolm instead of some of the choices that have been made. I mean, you can go down the list, in both 450 and 250 and have some serious discussion. Geico got him last minute, SX only, and they got a steal. A win is huge. That alone should insure his future for a year or two, just like Matthes said.

Pro Circuit-Mitch would have been better to take Malcolm then pretty much anyone except maybe AC which is still unproven.

Factory Husqvarna- You would be crazy not to take Malcolm over Zac Bell, Davalos

Factory Kawi- hindsight is 20/20 but Milsaps obviously didn't work out and Hahn can't stay healthy.

BTO KTM- I would debate there is more value in Mookie than Brayton this year. Granted, he was hurt but even when he came back, in a diluted field, he never really did much.

Truth be told, Malcolm is Geico Honda's best rider, other than Eli, of co'urse. But aren't RJ and Matt B lined up for outdoors for Geico? Doesn't make sense that Geico wouldn't sign him to outdoors, especially after his win in Oakland and the podiums.
5/5/2015 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 4:32pm
What is there not to like about Malcom? Seems like a good kid and rides on the edge, fun to watch. Give him a ride already.
5/5/2015 4:43pm
Maybe he is getting offers but they just aren't offering an amount he is willing to accept.
I doubt he would accept the same amount a Bell or Davalos would...no disrespect to them.

bigcat
5/5/2015 4:45pm
I heard Geico offered him an outdoor ride and he turned it down. something about not liking the air forks on the Honda for outdoors..
5/5/2015 4:50pm
He was willing to go into the SX season on a bike his family bought and fund the whole series. I kinda doubt he would turn down a Factory Husqvarna ride, even if the money wasn't great. I doubt Geico paid him much, either, especially as it was at the last minute.

I love KTM and DeCoster but the whole "nothing to do with a Stewart" thing is ridiculous. And RD may have had a say so in Husqvarna signings as well.

Any rumors or anything floating around, GuyB?
Dtat720
5/5/2015 4:52pm
James had said something in an interview some time around the start of the sx season regarding Malcolm and the trouble hes had finding deals. Most everyone offering was for 250's only and he wants a 450 deal. Another reason was the, paraphrasing James here, "sideshow of being my brother". Along with not being a seasoned, proven winner.
I think after the last minute Geico deal he got, turning it in to a win and a few podiums, he will get some more serious looks and possibly put a ride together last minute again.
TeamGreen
5/5/2015 5:41pm
Maybe he is getting offers but they just aren't offering an amount he is willing to accept. I doubt he would accept the same amount a...
Maybe he is getting offers but they just aren't offering an amount he is willing to accept.
I doubt he would accept the same amount a Bell or Davalos would...no disrespect to them.

So, Bell and Davalos don't make a good base?
They don't have bonises in-line with other Factory 250 Programs?

Really?
Rick M.
5/5/2015 5:51pm
newmann wrote:
Seems to be a lot less drama following him than his brother. I also think he has a bit better riding style than James. Of course...
Hahahaha now your just fishing. James rewrote the book on riding a dirt bike. He's style is flawless and un matchable.
jeffro503
5/5/2015 6:50pm
I hope Malcolm gets something going for this summer too! He's definitely one of my favorites that I love to cheer for. It always seemed that the poor kid had to walk in the shadow of his big brother , and it's where his dad spent most of his time ( with James jr ). Big James said " Little James is a very high maintenance kid " and I think Malcolm get shafted on the Attention thing...and it's why I root for him! That and he has some seriously untapped potential that if someone were to help him get in great race shape , who knows how well he would do. Hell yeah on Malcolm! I hope someone picks him up this summer! And I hope when they do....he goes out and kills it!
Crush
5/5/2015 6:53pm
Isn't the story his kidneys are still too messed up to ride outdoors?
h&m_cycle
5/5/2015 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 7:14pm
bigcat wrote:
I heard Geico offered him an outdoor ride and he turned it down. something about not liking the air forks on the Honda for outdoors..
What makes people think Malcolm, James, or Reedy want to race motocross? Can Malcolm or Reed win in outdoor motocross?
Rooster579
5/5/2015 7:18pm
Christian Craig will be under the Geico tent for outdoors with Tomac. Just watch.
Outsider
5/5/2015 7:21pm
newmann wrote:
Malcolm is a cool dude and would probably put in a solid season for somebody but "better riding style than James"? That's a stretch!
Yeah, didn't get the style comment at all... like to see him out there though
Zycki11
5/5/2015 7:25pm
Malcom is good people for sure. Used to play xbox with him all the time. He is creating his own destiny without James and will find a ride.
5/5/2015 7:26pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
What makes people think Malcolm, James, or Reedy want to race motocross? Can Malcolm or Reed win in outdoor motocross?
So based on the logic you are presenting, about 35 other guys shouldn't be lining up to race this summer either. Because there are a lot of guys that will be racing that have no chance at even a podium.
James obviously wanted to race motocross considering he spent quite a lot of money trying to do just that. (you know, the appeal)
2thefront
5/5/2015 7:34pm
Everything I've heard says he's not physically well enough for outdoors or it would be risky for him to do it.

He also hits the ground a ton. He isn't good enough to overcome that.

Post a reply to: So...seriously, no one wants Mookie for Outdoors??

The Latest