So glad I bought this RM 250!

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2015 9:06am
As of a few weeks ago I finally got everything done on my RM and got it setup for my liking. A complete re-build , new valving , springs , shims and a few other things that I had Factory Connection do to my suspension , and man is it sweet! Put on a set of Renthal 922's to give me more room in the cockpit. Before I put it all back together I totally went through all the bearing and re-packed them with grease. 4 new air filters , and misc odd's and ends for it. I have a bunch more stuff being piled up right now for a complete make over. Getting rid of the big #4 on there and doing my #503 with my choice of graphics. Mag Boyesen clutch cover and ign cover , yellow hose kit , Black and yellow striped motoseat , new Renthal twin ring sprocket set , entire set of replacement plastics , new Works connection perch.

That's just what comes to mind right off the bat. Here within a month or so I want to order a new RAD Manufacturing wheels set as well.

I gotta say I'm an even more patriotic 2 stroke fan as of a few weeks ago. I grew up racing these things and even though I've spent the last 15yrs on 4 strokes ( and I love them too! ) For some reason this RM just feels " right " and I kind of feel at home on them. Even though I will be picking up a new KX250F here before too long , so I'll have the best of both worlds I guess.

Thought I'd share these two pics from last weekend a buddy of mine shot at the Washougal practice. Didn't even know he took them , so it was a surprise. Cell phone pics , so not the best.

|
holverson34
6/29/2015 7:28pm
Cool dude I think I was there that saturday. You should get a rmz250 to match! I think motosport has 14s for 4899 right now
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
6/29/2015 7:31pm
Sweet ride Jeffro! And that place looks like heaven!
nytsmaC
6/29/2015 7:41pm
Good deal Jeff! Bike looks sweet, and nice form.

The Shop

mx5471
6/29/2015 7:45pm
Great job. Bike is sweet. RAD wheels are the best.
mfowler
6/29/2015 7:56pm
Graybeard wrote:
Sweet ride Jeffro! And that place looks like heaven!
It is, haha! Looking' good Jeffro. Oregon Old-timers in twelve days, don't miss it!
h&m_cycle
6/29/2015 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 8:05pm
I don't know how old you are but you look like you're in pretty good shape...
bike looks great...
mxb2
6/29/2015 8:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
As of a few weeks ago I finally got everything done on my RM and got it setup for my liking. A complete re-build , new...
As of a few weeks ago I finally got everything done on my RM and got it setup for my liking. A complete re-build , new valving , springs , shims and a few other things that I had Factory Connection do to my suspension , and man is it sweet! Put on a set of Renthal 922's to give me more room in the cockpit. Before I put it all back together I totally went through all the bearing and re-packed them with grease. 4 new air filters , and misc odd's and ends for it. I have a bunch more stuff being piled up right now for a complete make over. Getting rid of the big #4 on there and doing my #503 with my choice of graphics. Mag Boyesen clutch cover and ign cover , yellow hose kit , Black and yellow striped motoseat , new Renthal twin ring sprocket set , entire set of replacement plastics , new Works connection perch.

That's just what comes to mind right off the bat. Here within a month or so I want to order a new RAD Manufacturing wheels set as well.

I gotta say I'm an even more patriotic 2 stroke fan as of a few weeks ago. I grew up racing these things and even though I've spent the last 15yrs on 4 strokes ( and I love them too! ) For some reason this RM just feels " right " and I kind of feel at home on them. Even though I will be picking up a new KX250F here before too long , so I'll have the best of both worlds I guess.

Thought I'd share these two pics from last weekend a buddy of mine shot at the Washougal practice. Didn't even know he took them , so it was a surprise. Cell phone pics , so not the best.

I got a wheel hookup if u need 1, try the haan hubs great product, did lt x rims,bull dog spokes. Wgoske@yahoo.com, thanks billy. btw, nice smoker.
Outsider
6/29/2015 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2015 8:45pm
Sweet bike.. if it were mine I'd keep the graphics they look killer imo

Edit: I guess you have to change em with the numbers
bvm111
6/29/2015 9:33pm
Jeff,

Looking good!

Is that at shoug?

Sorry i have been off the net for the past few weeks, my move has been horrible and we still arent moved in and living out of a hotel so havent been in the mood to post much off my phone!

When i get settled in by the end of the weekend we should start planning for when you come down this way, had a blast riding mountain view with you!
swtwtwtw
6/29/2015 9:36pm
I am so glad you shared your riding and the bike. Fantastic. Probably the best 250 ever. :-)
Seamorbutts
6/29/2015 10:02pm
Looking good..God I wish I could still ride so i could kick your ass! Just Joking...lol
JW381
6/29/2015 10:22pm
Killer Jeffro, can't wait to get up there and make some smoke with ya bud
mark_swart
6/29/2015 10:23pm
Bike looks great -- can't wait to see the after pics!

Sweet Baby Jesus I can't hurry up and move to WA soon enough, every time I see that Washougal/Motosport commercial and now these pics I'm just dying to ride that track!!!
HenryA
6/29/2015 10:33pm
Looking good Jeffro!
GIwasB4
6/29/2015 11:46pm
You go Jeffy. Very nice bike by the way.
ledger
6/29/2015 11:50pm
Great pics are made when you don't know someone is taking pics. Can you post more of the RM ?
Grizz
6/29/2015 11:54pm
I just got one a few weeks ago. Such a freakin blast! I've ridden many 250 2-strokes and owned a YZ250 in 2010 but I think this RM is the best one I've ridden. Honestly it's probably all in my head Laughing , but all I know is I love riding that thing. Great contrast from riding my 450's all the time and makes me appreciate what my 450's can do too!

jeffro503
6/30/2015 7:19am
Yeah Grizz! They are a sweet bike to ride for sure. I second guessed myself before I bought mine , thinking " Man am I making a mistake? " . After the first day I rode it , my thoughts had changed to " Damn , that's the best money I ever spent !" haha.

And thanks for the compliments guys. And that old RM can even make an old Vet like myself look good.

@BVM , brother when you get settled in at the new place hit me up on my cell. Glad you had fun up here man. We got in some great riding for sure!

@Mark Swart , when and if you move this way , definitely hit me up! We'll go shred some dirt!

@JW381 , You and Bron need to make the trip up so we can hit a Mtn view and possibly Washougal. Then I'll run you two up to Calamity Janes and treat you to the best hotwings and beer on earth! Graduation present from jeffro! BVM and Dirtysmile56 can attest they are really good.
The Rock
6/30/2015 1:36pm
nytsmaC wrote:
agree
mxb2
6/30/2015 1:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah Grizz! They are a sweet bike to ride for sure. I second guessed myself before I bought mine , thinking " Man am I making...
Yeah Grizz! They are a sweet bike to ride for sure. I second guessed myself before I bought mine , thinking " Man am I making a mistake? " . After the first day I rode it , my thoughts had changed to " Damn , that's the best money I ever spent !" haha.

And thanks for the compliments guys. And that old RM can even make an old Vet like myself look good.

@BVM , brother when you get settled in at the new place hit me up on my cell. Glad you had fun up here man. We got in some great riding for sure!

@Mark Swart , when and if you move this way , definitely hit me up! We'll go shred some dirt!

@JW381 , You and Bron need to make the trip up so we can hit a Mtn view and possibly Washougal. Then I'll run you two up to Calamity Janes and treat you to the best hotwings and beer on earth! Graduation present from jeffro! BVM and Dirtysmile56 can attest they are really good.
Hope you will have bike pics with wheels and rotorsCoolCoolCool
jeffro503
6/30/2015 4:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah Grizz! They are a sweet bike to ride for sure. I second guessed myself before I bought mine , thinking " Man am I making...

mxb2 wrote:
Yeah me too Billy! After my graphics get here , the wheels are pretty much the only thing left i really wanted. Who am I kidding? There are a million other things on this bike I could upgrade as well haha.
jeffro503
6/30/2015 4:44pm
nytsmaC wrote:
The Rock wrote:
agree
Thanks Cam and Michael! I try to be as smooth as I can and waste the least amount of energy as I can. I am in terrible race shape right now though I have to admit. Been tough to do with my work schedule as of late.
mxb2
6/30/2015 4:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah me too Billy! After my graphics get here , the wheels are pretty much the only thing left i really wanted. Who am I kidding...
Yeah me too Billy! After my graphics get here , the wheels are pretty much the only thing left i really wanted. Who am I kidding? There are a million other things on this bike I could upgrade as well haha.
Sounds good man, keep me posted , i ll get ya hooked up.
Crush
6/30/2015 5:10pm
That is awesome Jeffro, looks like it was a good place to start also!

I missed out on a bitching RM down here the other week, just found it a little late–thing was nice as, A-Kit, Aus team Suzuki worked motor, full hinson, nice wheels, lots of spares, blah blah blah... Bummer.

And totally get what you mean about it feeling just right. My 350 is the easiest bike to ride I've ever had, but I also feel more at home on a 125 or 250!
jeffro503
6/30/2015 5:16pm
Crush wrote:
That is awesome Jeffro, looks like it was a good place to start also! I missed out on a bitching RM down here the other week...
That is awesome Jeffro, looks like it was a good place to start also!

I missed out on a bitching RM down here the other week, just found it a little late–thing was nice as, A-Kit, Aus team Suzuki worked motor, full hinson, nice wheels, lots of spares, blah blah blah... Bummer.

And totally get what you mean about it feeling just right. My 350 is the easiest bike to ride I've ever had, but I also feel more at home on a 125 or 250!
I'm bummed you missed out on that RM as well , Would of loved to see some pics of that thing! A-kit suspension too? Was it one of Moss's old bikes or just some other fast dude?

You find another one , pick it up and ride the wheels off of it. Me personally I think it's great to ride both the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke. They both teach you different things and in the long run kind of help you work on weak points. That RM isn't just a fun bike , it's a hell of a learning tool I think.
Crush
6/30/2015 5:24pm
Yeah man, whoever had it must have had some team contacts... It was worked for sure and had the Aus team Suzuki look too it, similar to Makita team over there, just Motul oil as presenting sponsor. Would have been fresh oil, maybe rubber, and graphics. Plug and play. Sad!

Your post has convinced me tho, gotta get back to my Suzuki roots, modern 92 Rm250 I think! Good luck man, looks good!
machine
6/30/2015 5:25pm
nytsmaC wrote:
The Rock wrote:
agree
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks Cam and Michael! I try to be as smooth as I can and waste the least amount of energy as I can. I am in...
Thanks Cam and Michael! I try to be as smooth as I can and waste the least amount of energy as I can. I am in terrible race shape right now though I have to admit. Been tough to do with my work schedule as of late.
Beer will do that to the best of us...Wink

I HATE going to the gym in my older age...haha
jeffro503
6/30/2015 5:39pm
The Rock wrote:
agree
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks Cam and Michael! I try to be as smooth as I can and waste the least amount of energy as I can. I am in...
machine wrote:
Beer will do that to the best of us...Wink

I HATE going to the gym in my older age...haha
Oh Yeah! And in the heat were having here , the beer just tastes to damn good , not to drink some after work! haha. I gotta get my ass back off the couch , but I've been working myself half to death.
machine
6/30/2015 5:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Oh Yeah! And in the heat were having here , the beer just tastes to damn good , not to drink some after work! haha. I...
Oh Yeah! And in the heat were having here , the beer just tastes to damn good , not to drink some after work! haha. I gotta get my ass back off the couch , but I've been working myself half to death.
I'm right there with ya bro....livin poor bustin my azz, trying to retire @55...not easy....

Post a reply to: So glad I bought this RM 250!

The Latest