So ... When Will Rules Ever Be Enforced?

TDeath21
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2016 3:52pm
Okay I guess Anderson was docked, so I'll give the AMA/FIM that one. However, I saw a couple guys in the 450 LCQ, on the first lap I believe, jumping through a Red Cross section. Webb cut the entire corner in his heat and caught right back up to the riders who should have been an entire section in front of him.

This happens all the time. Especially the track cutting. I don't blame the riders. Why follow the rules if they won't be enforced? Ridiculous.
|
Starcrossed
1/17/2016 9:54am
Who were the guys who jumped in the LCQ? Unless they were the transfer riders, a penalty seems irrelevant.
If Webb didn't gain any positions, he's fine, just supposed to reenter track at next safe spot...the first gap between tuff blocks isn't where he's looking to jump back on.
Gringoe
1/17/2016 9:57am
There was a lot of "close calls" in rhythms where duds try to slow down but can't quite go from triple to single in the flick of a switch. There was a lot of flags out for hay bales and shit in the middle of the track way more than usual.

I can't believe cooper didn't get docked for the heat, he rode backwards further than guys that got penalized back in the day. It's possible Ama is becoming more laid back on this (which is a good thing)
eGGz
1/17/2016 11:03am
Saw the red cross flag. Didn't see why it was out?

The Shop

Ing
1/17/2016 11:11am
eGGz wrote:
I thought they said some tuf blocks were on the track.
jeffro503
1/17/2016 1:03pm
eGGz wrote:
Ing wrote:
THAT right there was what I didn't understand. Are they throwing out red cross flags for everything now? They had two tuff blocks on the track , why not use the yellow flags and guide the riders away from them? Why red cross?
sc961
1/17/2016 1:13pm
So what exactly are the flaggers being trained to do?
Maybe they are doing exactly what they are educated on..
slipdog
1/17/2016 1:19pm
Tuff block on the backside of a jump can be just as dangerous as a bike.
Uncle Tony
1/17/2016 1:28pm
eGGz wrote:
Ing wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
THAT right there was what I didn't understand. Are they throwing out red cross flags for everything now? They had two tuff blocks on the track...
THAT right there was what I didn't understand. Are they throwing out red cross flags for everything now? They had two tuff blocks on the track , why not use the yellow flags and guide the riders away from them? Why red cross?
Agreed why the Red Cross?
1/17/2016 2:44pm
Outside of the first turn close to an early rhythm section didn't seem to work to well.

Tough call if the rules say safest place to re-enter, its easy to argue joining the middle of any rhythm section is unsafe.
1/17/2016 2:49pm
All everyone does is bitch for bigger and longer tracks. Makes for a lot of tight shit and opposite rythem lanes close to each other. Let's just settle down, everyone involved and actually work and are at the track are trying their best. Maybe Death21 should apply for work next year
1/17/2016 3:10pm
All everyone does is bitch for bigger and longer tracks. Makes for a lot of tight shit and opposite rythem lanes close to each other. Let's...
All everyone does is bitch for bigger and longer tracks. Makes for a lot of tight shit and opposite rythem lanes close to each other. Let's just settle down, everyone involved and actually work and are at the track are trying their best. Maybe Death21 should apply for work next year
He has a job already, its second guessing everyone else and in general just whining and its a full time gig.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
1/17/2016 3:31pm
All everyone does is bitch for bigger and longer tracks. Makes for a lot of tight shit and opposite rythem lanes close to each other. Let's...
Just because they "are trying their best" doesn't mean they can't be critiqued.

I was shocked at the riders jumping through the red cross flag in LCQ without any mention of it, so I'm assuming they either weren't docked or weren't in qualifying position.

I didn't like Webb riding backwards on the track but I honestly can't think of a better option than if he waited until he could turn the bike around (likely having to wait until everyone was by). I think riding between 2 rhythm sections is not safe when they are that close together, but again, it seemed like the best option at the time other than waiting for every rider to pass.

Was Anderson's red cross jump shown on TV because I don't remember seeing anything?

Lastly, red cross flag doesn't have to only be thrown for a downed rider. They are simply a stronger version of the yellow flag and shouldn't be confused with medical attention being needed. Because the yellow flag is only used for information, they have to use the Red Cross flag whenever they need riders to be forced to change their course.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/17/2016 3:50pm
I find it funny when people say that if he had to turn around he would have to wait for others to go by and it would take too much time. He made a mistake and should deserve to loose a bunch of time. It shouldn't just be the easiest way to get back going it should be follow the rules and if you loose a bunch of time so be it, if you want to hurry up and not loose that time by breaking the rule a penalty should be enforced
JustMX
1/17/2016 3:52pm
Whether a rider is in a,qualifying position certainly does not matter to the person that is injured because a rider ignores a safety flag.

If nothing else there should be a monetary penalty and repeated violations should result in a suspension and probation when they are able to race again.

Drill it into them at the early stages of their pro career and it might prevent a tragedy later.

Post a reply to: So ... When Will Rules Ever Be Enforced?

The Latest