So, I am a little irritated (rant)

Kinetic1
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 4:21pm
I ordered a 661 Droid on November 29th from my local dealer. The Tucker Rocky rep happened to be there when I ordered it. They did tell me it was on backorder and that it would not ship until the second week of December. That's okay, I don't need it right this minute anyway. I called my dealer on December 21st and asked if it was in yet. (they say they will call but NEVER do) I was informed that it was pushed back and the expected arrival date would be December 25th. I know that is not going to happen because it's Christmas day so I wait until December 28th to call again. The guy tells me it might be in the back and that they have not gone through their whole order for the day yet (this was at 4:00PM) and would call me back if it was there. I of course get no phone call so I called yesterday. The kid on the phone (at my dealer) was really helpful and apologetic but says they don't have it yet. He puts me on hold while he calls the Tucker Rocky rep who tells him he will call him back. The kid tells me that as soon as he hears back from the rep he will call me. About 30 minutes later, the phone rings. The kid at the dealer informs me that the Tucker Rocky rep spoke with the manufacturer and that it may or may not ship by Febuary 2nd and either way they will NOT notify us of ANYTHING until Febuary 2nd. Nice job 661. Your customer service SUCKS. I know my dealers hands are tied as are the Tucker Rocky guys but I wonder if I had ordered from Motosport if I would have my Droid already. END RANTAngryAngryAngry
|
petegrath
12/30/2009 4:50am
Stuff like this is why I use the internets...

Listened to my local Kawasaki parts dude rant about how online shopping is gonna put the shops out of business, all while treating the customers like shit (like he always does). The guy has a pretty bad attitude, and is rather infamous with the local riders I know who visit the store from time to time. The type that will watch you sit on the bench at the counter for a good 5 minutes before deciding to put his drink down and ask you "what do you want?"

I do believe in supporting the local shops, the service guys for instance have helped me with info many times. They are great. But in my opinion if the store managers don't start really focusing on customer service at all levels, they are hastening their own demise.

Now especially is the time to go the extra 5 miles to keep customers coming back. I can't believe that this isn't apparent to many of them... Weird.
Robbirob25
12/30/2009 4:56am
Speaking as a dealer. Your dealers part guy, may or may not have called the Tucker rep. You have a right to be upset with the manufacturer. There are several companies that will give you a release date, only to issue another date later, so you will place an order. If they had issued Feb to begin with, I'm sure you would have gone elsewhere. They know this. But as far as your dealer/owner, Im sure he is like myself. My guys know, ALL CUSTOMERS CONCERNS go through me! Customers in this industry are to hard to find, and keeping them happy and informed is our job. The customer is NOT always right, but he is ALWAYS the customer and deserves to be treated that way. Talk to your dealer/owner. I have all of my reps cell phone #'s. No number, no orders. Dealer's will work with you to keep you from going online. Moral of the story...If the part guy isnt making you happy go to the owner. If he wont help you, go to another dealer, or go online, at that point.

Robbi Roberts
Redline Honda
Kinetic1
12/30/2009 5:14am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:40pm
I usually try to buy local and price wise they take good care of me. (I usually pay marginally more than what I would online) I know the owner of the store and while he is a really nice guy, he really is the problem. The parts guys are 50 / 50. I have two guys that I deal with that I trust (minus the not calling to let me know my order is in) and two that I won't even talk too. If he says he called the rep I believe him. I place 99% of the blame for this on 661 and the other 1% on the Tucker Rocky rep.
The other dealer in town that I use is great for parts but I will never buy another bike from them and will not buy accessories either. I actually prefer their parts guy to any I have dealt with ever. He unfortunately can't sell me accessories or bikes. If anyone in Grand Rapids ever needs parts (OEM for Honda Yamaha Suzuki aftermarket for everything) Justin Roads at Shawmutt hills is awesome to deal with. Tell him AJ sent you. It's too bad their sales and accessories people suck so badly. They could be my one stop shop.

The Shop

Robbirob25
12/30/2009 5:32am
Wow....Sounds like you have reasonable expectations from your dealer. It's sad, in this economy, some people just dont get it! RobbiSad
SteveS
12/30/2009 6:21am
You guys don't get it. This really has nothing to do with the dealer, and probably nothing to do with Tucker Rocky. If you can stretch your memory to a year ago, EVS went through the exact same scenario with their new neck brace. And a few years ago Leatt had big-time problems going into mass production as well.

The problem lies in having the device manufactured in China.

They may have thought they were going to have it in December because they ordered it made in September. But the initial test run probably was subpar or defective, so they had to make changes. That delays things a few weeks. It turns out still not right. And again. So then they have to go back to the drawing board and get it all redone. And so on. Sometimes the prototypes will be OK, and you order a full shipment, and then it comes in--wrong. And so you have to do it all over again.
pitbike502
12/30/2009 6:56am
SteveS wrote:
You guys don't get it. This really has nothing to do with the dealer, and probably nothing to do with Tucker Rocky. If you can stretch...
You guys don't get it. This really has nothing to do with the dealer, and probably nothing to do with Tucker Rocky. If you can stretch your memory to a year ago, EVS went through the exact same scenario with their new neck brace. And a few years ago Leatt had big-time problems going into mass production as well.

They may have thought they were going to have it in December because they ordered it made in September. But the initial test run probably was subpar or defective, so they had to make changes. That delays things a few weeks. It turns out still not right. And again. So then they have to go back to the drawing board and get it all redone. And so on. Sometimes the prototypes will be OK, and you order a full shipment, and then it comes in--wrong. And so you have to do it all over again.
bingo
petegrath
12/30/2009 7:22am
SteveS wrote:
You guys don't get it. This really has nothing to do with the dealer, and probably nothing to do with Tucker Rocky. If you can stretch...

Sure, but piss-poor attitude from the staff has nothing to do with the dealer?
SteveS
12/30/2009 7:44am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:41pm
I didn't see anything about getting attitude from the kid at the dealer who called you back about it after the TR rep told him the parts were not available until further notice.

It's not that YOU can't have one. There aren't any anywhere. Even the one in their catalog is a computer-generated drawing.
12/30/2009 9:17am
SteveS wrote:

petegrath wrote:
Sure, but piss-poor attitude from the staff has nothing to do with the dealer?
lol, i know exactly who you are talking about. Lets just say that it totally depends on what mood hes in that day at that time that determines what kind of service you get. lol 1 day hes your best friend, the next, what the eff do you want and why are you even here.

lol
Robbirob25
12/30/2009 9:45am
SteveS wrote:

Please re-read my post!!!!!!!!!!!!! "You have every reason to be upset with the manufacturer." I then went on to say talk to the owner before you give up on the dealership. (paraphrasing) My point being poor customer service happens when people are not doing what they say. There was more than one problem going on in the original post. But by all means go ahead and get back on your "soapbox" and continue to speak down to the rest of us! Robbi
SIMX
12/30/2009 10:01am

Does 661 make an iPhone? Better choice in my opinionWoohooWoohoo
peelout719
12/30/2009 10:15am
i can only think of one shop that i ever hated to buy parts from, and it wasn't even because of their parts guys. the parts guys and sales guys were always great to me and really really friendly. but their service guy at the time could suck it.

it's amazing what customer service, ie friendliness, can do to a company's business.
TeamGreen
12/30/2009 10:23am
So...Leatt and a TLD Body Grd? (Works for me!)
Kinetic1
12/30/2009 10:40am
SteveS wrote:
I didn't see anything about getting attitude from the kid at the dealer who called you back about it after the TR rep told him the...
I didn't see anything about getting attitude from the kid at the dealer who called you back about it after the TR rep told him the parts were not available until further notice.

It's not that YOU can't have one. There aren't any anywhere. Even the one in their catalog is a computer-generated drawing.
My problem lies in the fact that I was told one thing and then it wasn't the case. IE I was lied to. Albiet unintentional I was still lied to and told basically to go pee up a rope by 661 by way of the TR rep and my parts guy. Again my problem lies with 661. Over promise and under deliver is a bad sales technique. Under promise and over deliver is the way to go. If they had told me it was going to be April until I could get one I would have been okay with that. But that is not what I was told. Thw 1% blame I place on the TR rep is due to him not telling me that this was a potential problem. I am sure he has run into this before. He should have said. "Hey with such a new product there are sometimes delivery issues. They told me 2 weeks but I can't promise it will be here by then." He would be forgiven if he was brand new but he told me when I ordered it that he had been with TR for years. He should know better.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
12/30/2009 10:58am
Jesus...they are backordered chill the hell out. What are you going to where it in the snow?
Kinetic1
12/30/2009 11:05am
Madmax31 wrote:
Jesus...they are backordered chill the hell out. What are you going to where it in the snow?
Actually, yes, I have been known to ride in the snow. If you had actually read what I posted you would know I am not irritated with the backorder. Wink
wpark89
12/30/2009 11:10am
Get over it. It happens. I don't think anybody intentionally lied to you. If they would of told you April 15th you would of went and got something else. Just because you were told something and it turned out to not be the case doesn't mean it was a lie...

Way down the line some guy in China told 661 the material would be ready and shipped by a certain date, so the 661 guy told the buyer at Tucker that, he told the reps, who told the parts guy at your dealer, who told you. So along the line a lot of people were quote "lied" to. Shit happens, production, manufacturing, shipping, and customs have hang ups. He didn't tell you to pee up a rope, he told you to wait, which is all he (and you) can do. It's out of all those guy's hands, be upset at the Chinese for not meeting a date they told 661, write a letter to the guy driving the boat, or the workers unloading the containers who are probably a little behind from the Holidays. You don't have to be involved in riding for very long to know that sometimes you wait and wait on parts.

After all it just looks like a cheap Thor Sentinnel copy with a cobby Leatt attatched to it.

Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
12/30/2009 11:19am
My rant of 2010 is less motos at races and keeping land open. If you can't ride, not having equipment is small in comparison.

Let it out though.
Lightning78
12/30/2009 11:38am
Kinetic1 wrote:
I ordered a 661 Droid on November 29th from my local dealer. The Tucker Rocky rep happened to be there when I ordered it. They did...
I ordered a 661 Droid on November 29th from my local dealer. The Tucker Rocky rep happened to be there when I ordered it. They did tell me it was on backorder and that it would not ship until the second week of December. That's okay, I don't need it right this minute anyway. I called my dealer on December 21st and asked if it was in yet. (they say they will call but NEVER do) I was informed that it was pushed back and the expected arrival date would be December 25th. I know that is not going to happen because it's Christmas day so I wait until December 28th to call again. The guy tells me it might be in the back and that they have not gone through their whole order for the day yet (this was at 4:00PM) and would call me back if it was there. I of course get no phone call so I called yesterday. The kid on the phone (at my dealer) was really helpful and apologetic but says they don't have it yet. He puts me on hold while he calls the Tucker Rocky rep who tells him he will call him back. The kid tells me that as soon as he hears back from the rep he will call me. About 30 minutes later, the phone rings. The kid at the dealer informs me that the Tucker Rocky rep spoke with the manufacturer and that it may or may not ship by Febuary 2nd and either way they will NOT notify us of ANYTHING until Febuary 2nd. Nice job 661. Your customer service SUCKS. I know my dealers hands are tied as are the Tucker Rocky guys but I wonder if I had ordered from Motosport if I would have my Droid already. END RANTAngryAngryAngry
Just got off the phone with Motosport .....they keep having backorder issues as well with 661 pushing the ETA date back. Now they don't have an ETA but I want one too!
Kinetic1
12/30/2009 11:41am
Not saying it's 661's fault entirely but you can have the best product in the world but if you can't get it to market you're in trouble. I know some gus have theirs already. Must have been early production runs.
Racer92
12/30/2009 11:51am

This is not the droid you are looking for............

Post a reply to: So, I am a little irritated (rant)

The Latest