Smart tv viewing

rpoint116
Edited Date/Time 5/28/2016 6:24am
I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the best way to pick up internet coverage? It is a pain in the ass to fumble thru.

I have been using my iPad and it works great.

Thanks!!
|
ob
5/21/2016 2:54pm
I wish I could figure this out also. NBC app says I need adobe flash ?
5/21/2016 2:59pm
rpoint116 wrote:
I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the best way to pick up internet coverage? It is a pain in the ass to fumble thru...
I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the best way to pick up internet coverage? It is a pain in the ass to fumble thru.

Thanks!!
Samsung smartTV apps dont work.

I bought 3 Samsungs for my house, was all excited about the apps, they were so full of bugs. The app developers blame Samsung and Samsung blames the app developers. It's a big shit show. And a real bummer because Ive always really liked Samsung products.

Get a AppleTV. It makes any TV smart, and actually works.

Not that it matters. The NBC Live app didnt work at all today on any of my devices. Had to go to the livestream in a browser on my laptop.
DPW
5/21/2016 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2016 3:06pm
rpoint116 wrote:
I have a Samsung smart tv. What is the best way to pick up internet coverage? It is a pain in the ass to fumble thru...

Thanks!!
Apple TV... Airplay from iPad to Apple TV works great...plus the NBC Sports App
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
738th
5/21/2016 3:02pm
Most tv operating systems don't use or support flash.

The Shop

tylermx967
5/21/2016 3:15pm
WE GET ARE TV SET UP BY KERRY HARRIS SATELLITE SERVICE AND IT GETS ALL THE CHANNILS THATS FOR THE RACES PLUSE WE GET THE WWE NETWORK
5/21/2016 3:15pm
DPW wrote:
Apple TV... Airplay from iPad to Apple TV works great...plus the NBC Sports App
Were u able to get the app to work on your iPad today? I couldnt.
DPW
5/21/2016 3:23pm
I ended up watching the first Motos on my computer with two monitors so I could follow VitalMX and live timing. Didn't try app today, but it has worked good in past.
Slowdude
5/21/2016 3:29pm
Roku. I have a Samsung "smart" TV that I disconnected from my network the day I bought a Roku. It is that much better.

Livestream app for SX practice/preshow.

NBC sports live app for MX (need a TV provider to log in for 2nd moto).

All major networks have apps, also HBO and showtime have standalone subscription apps now. I think there are like 3000 apps(channels), a lot are crap though.
MXMattii
5/21/2016 3:34pm
Buy yourself an raspberry pi 3 Kodi mediaplayer, or another mediaplayer with Kodi on it at DealeXtreme . Download the official AMA Motosport app on it and then, as American, you can probably watch the races live. Kodi has also tons of developers creating apps who are making that little thing a great asset to your living room.
Slowdude
5/21/2016 3:35pm
rpoint116 wrote:

Thanks!!
Samsung smartTV apps dont work. I bought 3 Samsungs for my house, was all excited about the apps, they were so full of bugs. The app...
Samsung smartTV apps dont work.

I bought 3 Samsungs for my house, was all excited about the apps, they were so full of bugs. The app developers blame Samsung and Samsung blames the app developers. It's a big shit show. And a real bummer because Ive always really liked Samsung products.

Get a AppleTV. It makes any TV smart, and actually works.

Not that it matters. The NBC Live app didnt work at all today on any of my devices. Had to go to the livestream in a browser on my laptop.
Haven't tried appletv but the NBC app works on Roku.
DPW
5/21/2016 3:40pm
working for second motos!
Slowdude
5/21/2016 3:44pm
Oh and the Dungey/ Stewart mannequins reminded me of the red bull app for straight rhythm. Its so much easier from the couch than through a browser.
5/22/2016 12:12am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 12:13am
If you're not an iSheep then go Roku or if Android pickup an inexpensive Chromecast and watch in your TV using the NBC Sports live extra app found in the Google Play Store .
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
8/15/2016 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2016 8:16pm
Slowdude wrote:
Roku. I have a Samsung "smart" TV that I disconnected from my network the day I bought a Roku. It is that much better. Livestream app...
Roku. I have a Samsung "smart" TV that I disconnected from my network the day I bought a Roku. It is that much better.

Livestream app for SX practice/preshow.

NBC sports live app for MX (need a TV provider to log in for 2nd moto).

All major networks have apps, also HBO and showtime have standalone subscription apps now. I think there are like 3000 apps(channels), a lot are crap though.
We just got a Roku and signed up for PlayStation Vue LIVE TV service. It's $35/month and it comes with 70 of the best channels we like and including all of the most critical sports channels - Fox sports 1 and 2, all ESPN channels, etc and then you can get apps for the other channels. We're saving $100/month over what we were spending with DTV. We have apple TV too, but prefer Roku for the live TV channels.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/15/2016 8:30pm
Amazon firestick is a pretty cheap alternative too at about $35. If you are already an apple person apple tv is prob the way to go. Wish i knew what a pos the samsung smart tv is before i bought one
8/16/2016 7:39am
I use my PS4 browser and go to promotocross.com. Takes a second to buffer and load HD but works like a champ, been doing so the past few seasons.
MudPup545
8/16/2016 7:44am
We have a Sumsung smart TV. Zero issues, works great. I just press the smart button on the remote, arrow down and over to the web icon. Click it, type in the web address you want and go. Been watching on promotocross.com with no hassle at all.
FastGzus
8/16/2016 7:48am
Appletv has an nbc sports app on the home page.

If that doesn't work log onto pro motocross.com and AirPlay from iPhone or iPad direct to Appletv
TXDirt
8/16/2016 8:52am
Amazon Fire TV. That's all you need.
jeffro503
8/16/2016 12:03pm
I have to read through the entire thread...but if you guys don't have one , you should really look into getting / building a nice little HTPC. I built mine 2yrs ago and spend more time on that than i do direct tv. Still have a lot to learn and add too it , but it's awesome.
TXDirt
8/16/2016 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 12:26pm
My dad has had an HTPC he's been running for the last few years. Then I showed him what I have been doing with a network drive and amazon firebox and he was pretty blown away at the simplicity vs his HTPC setup.

My network looks like this.

I have a QNAP network attached storage device. It's probably 24 GB of space. It's pretty much overkill for normal user. I setup a similar setup for my sister and used a Seagate network attached storage for less then $200. I think it was a 4GB device.

On my QNAP I store all of my mp4 movies files (980 movies), and all of my pictures and all of my music.

I have Amazon Fire TV box at all of my TV's. This is 4 TV's total right now.

Loaded onto Each Amazon Box:

- Kodi (interface to my movies, photos, music)
- PlayStation VUE for live TV and can DVR shows
- NBCSports App for live motocross
- Netflix for more movies
- Flixster for more movies (connects with my UltraViolet account)
- Amazon Prime Movies for more movies
- Other misc apps.

I cut DirecTV about a month ago.

I feel like I'm in Digital Media heaven right now. I have one network device serving content to all of my TV's.
I have one device at each TV where I can watch anything I want.

Post a reply to: Smart tv viewing

The Latest