Slower riders agresive on 1st lap

mmcmx
Edited Date/Time 3/21/2014 6:00am
This sunday I was in a local race and they watered the track just before one of my motos. Needles to say the first lap I was very cautious but I got block passed by a guy like 5 seconds slower than me very agresively. He was going all over the place and crashed a couple of turns after that.

Back home I started watching the Detroit SX with this on the back of my head. And I saw this happen a lot like Blose brake checking Roczen in their semi.

I cant understand that. Whats the point? What good will this do to the slower rider? Chances are the faster rider will send you to the stands whenever he wants right? I think being so agresive on the first lap WHEN YOU GOT A GOOD START is very stupid.
|
KTMShane699
3/18/2014 4:08am
So a rider that typically doesn't finish well shouldn't try to get a good start and ride aggressively to stay there as long as they can. The first lap of a race is your best chance to pass (or be passed by) a large number of riders very quickly. I could argue that the first lap is the place to be most aggressive as there stands to be the most benefit given how many riders are bunched up.

Could it not pay off and you could crash? Sure. I've also seen guys riding all by themselves crash too.

The fact is that the faster guy will find a way around you if he's really that much faster. If you think someone shouldn't be aggressive after a good start on the first lap (regardless of overall speed), why don't we just go to a staggered start? We'll just let the fastest qualifier go, then the second, and third and down the line. That way there's no need to try to get a good start and ride aggressively to maintain it or to gain position.

These guys also shouldn't just move over for someone either. They're racing for position. By pushing to keep a guy like Roczen behind him, I'll bet he's learning to go just a little bit faster and trying to make it to the next level.

Shane
Crush
3/18/2014 4:30am
I seriously think if anyone takes you down at a not for nothing but pretty much club race you should just bop em in the nose. I mean, unless it ACTUALLY means something, why put someone down. Retarded
MaxPower
3/18/2014 5:33am
I think the promoters should realize this and let you start in the second turn or disqualify them for trying to pass riders so much faster

The Shop

BobPA
3/18/2014 6:02am
Crush wrote:
I seriously think if anyone takes you down at a not for nothing but pretty much club race you should just bop em in the nose...
I seriously think if anyone takes you down at a not for nothing but pretty much club race you should just bop em in the nose. I mean, unless it ACTUALLY means something, why put someone down. Retarded
Wins = Moto sluts bro
3/18/2014 6:16am
The Guy was in the same race as you. That's why he passed you.
IWreckALot
3/18/2014 6:19am
Last season I rode the slow class and there would be between 20 and 40 beginners on the line. Those starts were SSSSOOOOO sketchy. You had to either commit to the holeshot and hope nothing goes wrong or just lay off and focus on passing them early in the race. And these guys would ride so stupidly aggressive when you'd put a wheel in on them it isn't even funny. They'd run off in a bush trying to keep you behind them. I do think there is a place to know what your limits are and concede to the faster rider rather than trying to push yourself into a bad situation. I don't hate on the guys that are trying to stay in front, I get it but sometimes it's better to try to follow the faster rider than stay in front of them.

I don't agree with comparing the guys in SX to local races. Different scenarios all together.

Fortunately I managed to win the class and got bumped. The start at the first race was significantly better than anything I experienced last year.
mmcmx
3/18/2014 6:21am
Don't get me wrong, I'm talking from the slower rider perspective. It's easy to park a slower rider so why make angry the other guy and put yourself in that position? I just don't understand what is there to gain from his part?
KTMShane699
3/18/2014 6:50am
Guess anyone who doesn't beat the faster guys regularly should just move over for them. Or better yet, start in a second wave but still all be scored the same. It's a race. A race where everybody starts at the same time and is scored based on how they finish. Nobody should just be moving over and letting someone by.

Most of the really fast guys I know don't really care about someone slower. They will find a way around them. Doesn't matter if they're taking a different line somewhere, jumping something the slower guy isn't. They use their speed and ability to get by. As long as the slower rider is holding their line that's all they care about.

The bottom line is that it's a race...and nobody should simply be giving up positions easily.

Shane
TRON
3/18/2014 7:07am
They should line everybody up like nascar and say no passing. Everyone gets a trophy. Free ice cream afterwards. Story time and naps between motos.
Grizz
3/18/2014 7:17am
TRON wrote:
They should line everybody up like nascar and say no passing. Everyone gets a trophy. Free ice cream afterwards. Story time and naps between motos.
I can't wait!
hvaughn88
3/18/2014 7:19am
Sheriff245 wrote:
hahahaha, I got a kick out of that one! Well played, my friend!
fidiot
3/18/2014 7:41am
Sheriff245 wrote:
LMAO! Awesome.
BLACKeR
3/18/2014 7:59am
because that's how you get faster. you go hard and you crash and each race you hope to go a little further before you crash.
IceMan446
3/18/2014 8:06am
Everyone wants to be Barcia. That's why.

I was doing that every lap, bro.
mmcmx
3/18/2014 9:49am
Well, I just thing your racing strategy sucks bros. Had he not crashed alone I'd most possibly helped him to do so. Hitting the ground on the first lap. Good luck learning to ride like this.
3/18/2014 10:25am
I love guys that want to get into a ram-a-thon while competing for 8th place in the Vet B class at Chicken Licks.

Even better are the "cool guys" who want to block pass you on practice days while you're on your first lap trying to warm up.
dboivin
3/18/2014 10:27am
this thread shoulda been titled "mike alessi"....
hvaughn88
3/18/2014 10:28am
dboivin wrote:
hahahahaha...avatar....hahahahaha
IWreckALot
3/18/2014 10:33am
dboivin wrote:
Dude this is a classic post and you have a classic avatar. You should change your name to VitalMx. . . That would take the cake.
Grizz
3/18/2014 10:50am
OP, that's like, the point of a race, bro. If you're that worried about him passing you , sounds like he's not much worse than you after all. You have obvious fears of having to pass him back. Oh god, the horror! You probably got roosted too. Poor guy!
crf250pilot
3/18/2014 11:37am
dboivin wrote:
LMAO!! This thread rocks! and Dboivin's creeper pic just takes the cake.
MaxPower
3/20/2014 7:40pm
TRON wrote:
Don't be ridiculous. The ice cream and nappys are a good idea but once you point out of the 65 class , drop the story time.. Maybe replace it with a back fender stickers show and tell
shredder22
3/21/2014 1:36am
dboivin wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Dude this is a classic post and you have a classic avatar. You should change your name to VitalMx. . . That would take the cake.
x100
rmpilot
3/21/2014 3:29am
IWreckALot wrote:
Last season I rode the slow class and there would be between 20 and 40 beginners on the line. Those starts were SSSSOOOOO sketchy. You had...
Last season I rode the slow class and there would be between 20 and 40 beginners on the line. Those starts were SSSSOOOOO sketchy. You had to either commit to the holeshot and hope nothing goes wrong or just lay off and focus on passing them early in the race. And these guys would ride so stupidly aggressive when you'd put a wheel in on them it isn't even funny. They'd run off in a bush trying to keep you behind them. I do think there is a place to know what your limits are and concede to the faster rider rather than trying to push yourself into a bad situation. I don't hate on the guys that are trying to stay in front, I get it but sometimes it's better to try to follow the faster rider than stay in front of them.

I don't agree with comparing the guys in SX to local races. Different scenarios all together.

Fortunately I managed to win the class and got bumped. The start at the first race was significantly better than anything I experienced last year.
that's why me and my dad always called 125c- 125 contact. I may have never made it out of c but that's why I always loved riding in noncurrent, 250c or at a Midwest vmx race much better. But I can tell you this 125c numbers have went down big time what was almost always a 40 man gate has turned into 15 to 20 guys most of the time. The fast racers are still showing up but the back of the pack guys are drying up and not wanting to spend what it costs now.
Brapp
3/21/2014 6:00am
I got block passed riding in a dual sport last year- no kidding

Post a reply to: Slower riders agresive on 1st lap

The Latest