Shower Thoughts AM --> Pro Transition

Osaka627
Edited Date/Time 5/10/2015 9:38pm
Random thought I had this morning that I think could possibly be a great topic of discussion.

Why is it that it seem.. Again this is my perspective that the Amateurs that have been coming into the ranks the last few years that weren't utterly dominant, or dealt with some form of advertisity throughout the ranks seem to fair better than the Amatueur All Stars?

Again this isn't every situation, but I'm feeling as if it is happening a lot more than it used too.

Is it because the competition is a lot stiffer? The kids that have dealt with the stiff competition are taking the transition better than the kids who checked out after two laps in the AM Ranks?

Some examples RV, Martin, Seely, and Abderson all come to mind to some extent?

Would anyone care to converse? Add? Give their opinion?
|
Osaka627
5/10/2015 5:11pm
Equipment has closed the Talent gap?

But that wouldn't explain why some very talented riders mentally fail while others take the challenge in stride.
racerx221
5/10/2015 5:38pm
home schooling and moms yelling at little johny to " JUMP THE F'N TRIPLE JOHNY!, I need operation" tends to weigh on a little racers psyche. this is why they fail I believe.
Osaka627
5/10/2015 7:34pm
racerx221 wrote:
home schooling and moms yelling at little johny to " JUMP THE F'N TRIPLE JOHNY!, I need operation" tends to weigh on a little racers psyche...
home schooling and moms yelling at little johny to " JUMP THE F'N TRIPLE JOHNY!, I need operation" tends to weigh on a little racers psyche. this is why they fail I believe.
I could see that playing a role in the families that our trying to graduate from the local scene to the national am scene. That is the classic case of Pee-Wee Dad syndrome. Where the parents try to live their life through their children. Believe it or not and also quite sadly at the time I believe this to be a very, very common situation throughout the entire community.

I don't think you're hitting the nail on the head though. Because otherwise the kids would have shut down much earlier in their career. They would have folded at the first signs of adversity in the AM Ranks.

I'm talking about the kids that do make it! Get that factory ride fresh out of dominating the world in the AM Ranks only to tumble all the way to the bottom. Some examples that I saw this happen to when I was growing up. Justin Buckelew, Billy Payne, Nico Izzi, or even Josh Hill.

Then you have kids like RV, Peick, Seely, Martin, and even Dungey. I don't think any of these kids listed in this paragraph were in anyway DOMINANT in the AM Ranks at any moment. Just an observation.

I've always thought or seen in my eyes that the kids who don't win the B then A class the following year usually don't pick up the factory ride. You could usually tell how good they were going to be based off the AM Success. That is not the case anymore!!!! I'm just not seeing the Horizon award winner come out and dominate right away like they did in the 90's and 00's.
Motodave15
5/10/2015 9:38pm
idk but its a good question

for instance the current trend of webb/AC

Maybe running behind those guys all the damn time eats at you, then when the pro ranks hit, its still about the bike but its more straight up and less about how much can your daddy spend type of deal

idk how it works just speculating.

Post a reply to: Shower Thoughts AM --> Pro Transition

The Latest