Shout out to Ezra Lusk!!

colepop
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 6:35pm
Newbie here. Past lurker of this site.

Just wanted to share a short story of my visit with Ezra Lusk. Through a friend of mine, I had the opportunity to meet Ezra at his new home in Bainbridge, GA. (My hometown) Thinking I would only bother him for a few minutes, an autograph or two and a picture, I was amazed that he took the time (over 2 hours) to talk about his racing, sign my front number plate and a picture to my son, show me his trophy room and describe each bit of motocross history.

He is down to earth, humble and genuine. Man, just seeing the jerseys, the huge paychecks, trophies and having him talk about what it was like winning and riding with the best riders was awesome!!

I happend to ask him how many bikes he had in his garage after all those years racing and he has only one, his RM125 from his East Coast Title. He has to borrow a bike to ride. I could not believe it!!

Anyway, long post, but wanted to give the shoutout to Ezra!! Thanks for your time and the tour of motocross history.. Now about those riding lessons we talked about........
|
ocscottie
4/1/2010 10:09am
Awesome first post man, welcome to the board Colin.
ASH510
4/1/2010 11:10am
great post.
it is awesome when you get to meet a guy
you look up to and they are down to earth.
and they are not somthing diffrent than what
they seem to be.
Ezra is always a class act. i think him and
Windham went to some of the same classes.
jimid553
4/1/2010 11:12am
Ezra seems like a good guy.....there used to be a TWMX video of him from his last year racing and it was shot at his home track.....I don't think there is/was a better video of how a 2 stroke can be ridden by one of the best of all time....except for maybe the BUBBA one shot at Lake Elsinore on his 125? Ezra always had one of the best styles around. I challenge anybody to find that YOGI video!

The Shop

4/1/2010 11:45am
Lusk is one of the all time greats. i hope he manages to ride a few nationals!
buggz
4/1/2010 12:26pm
Yea i got a chance to hang out with him @ L.L a couple years ago. Cool cat for sure
txmxer
4/1/2010 12:44pm
although I didn't get to spend a couple of hours with him, I did run into him in Houston away from the dome a couple of time. He was just like that when we talked to him. Very humble. Very friendly. Even though we were imposing on his time atleast once, he didn't seem to mind.

Will always be one of my favorites.
FIREfish148
4/1/2010 1:30pm
I remember in seattle 98 i asked ezra to sign my jersey and he let me walk around into the honda factory pits to sign the back of my jersey. I tohught it was the coolest shit in the world when i was a kid i'll never forget that. k-dub, pichone, and tortelli signed it too. Ezra and k-dub always seemed like they were real down to earth good people.
colepop
4/1/2010 1:31pm
I forgot to mention that Ezra had also helped out with our local church raising funds for a disabled child who later passed away. He was there most of the day at the fundraiser.

It is nice to have your motocross heros turn out to be the real deal

Thanks for the comments...

Post a reply to: Shout out to Ezra Lusk!!

The Latest