Shout Out to Nuetech!!

Edited Date/Time 6/4/2015 3:39pm
So long story short I was trying to put my new x30 tire on my rim last night with the TUBliss set up from nuetech, and could not find my much needed guide plate that is extremely helpful. So this morning I ordered one from nuetech, but immediately got an email saying they wouldn't be in office until june 8th. Me wanting to ride really badly next week, I panicked and immediately tried giving them a call. I was a little worried when no one answered and started debating whether or not I should order another one from someone else. Right as I began to spiral out of control, I got a call back from Jeff. He assured me that the guide plate would ship today, and even gave me a very helpful tip to get the tire on without the guide plate. So thanks to him I will now be able to ride this Saturday, and I will be getting a new guide plate(for very cheap might I add) that will definitely be used in the future. Because while his tip was helpful and worked, its just so much easier with the guide plate. Sorry for the long story, I just wanted to give credit where credit is deserved. I am not sponsored by them in any way(but I'm open for offersTongue ) nor am I promoting their product, just wanted to say I would definitely recommend them for businessCool
|
6/4/2015 10:18am
Tony Grove wrote:
What was the trick?
It really was kind of a common sense trick, but me being so angry last night that I lost my guide plate I didn't even think about it. He told me to use a tire spoon on the back side of the rim and then worked the front with another tire spoon. It took 2 people to do so, but in the end it definitely worked.
moto0852
6/4/2015 10:19am
Love my tubliss setup. I can't imagine not running my tires at 8 psi anymore. some much traction!

The Shop

newmann
6/4/2015 10:25am
Front tire or rear? After multiple attempts by multiple people(who have changed hundreds of tires) and a ruined front tire, I gave up. I have a Tubliss front setup with a spare tube if anyone want to make me an offer.
YZ125H1
6/4/2015 10:25am
How are the X30's? I'm looking to get the X40's at the end of the season.
TX24
6/4/2015 10:33am
I finally had a high psi tube fail at the valve stem, it was four years old though. Easy enough to find parts.
6/4/2015 10:36am
newmann wrote:
Front tire or rear? After multiple attempts by multiple people(who have changed hundreds of tires) and a ruined front tire, I gave up. I have a...
Front tire or rear? After multiple attempts by multiple people(who have changed hundreds of tires) and a ruined front tire, I gave up. I have a Tubliss front setup with a spare tube if anyone want to make me an offer.
I have a rear set up, and am really not interested in a front one. Did you follow the instructions VERY carefully? Every time I caught myself swaying from the directions, it was miserable. But as long as you follow the directions step by step its really not hard at all!
6/4/2015 10:37am
YZ125H1 wrote:
How are the X30's? I'm looking to get the X40's at the end of the season.
Not sure yet, they were only $75 on rockymountain so I pulled the trigger. They look awesome, so I am really looking forward to trying them out this Saturday. I'm coming off of a Michelin MS3 tire so It has a lot to live up too
Wiley
6/4/2015 10:42am
Since the second generation came out I've had nothing but success with their product. I've had to order tubes from them and have been nothing but impressed with their customer service. Great product and service!
TX24
6/4/2015 10:58am
You want to use brand new tires with them for best results. Otherwise the dent in from the rim lock can cause a leak.
6/4/2015 11:12am
TX24 wrote:
You want to use brand new tires with them for best results. Otherwise the dent in from the rim lock can cause a leak.
That's true, another good excuse to buy a brand new tire
Sixeightone
6/4/2015 11:43am
I have seen people installing these and loving them! But I am seeing that the tires are wearing out much quicker(almost half the time). The exterior of the tire looks great but the interior is all strands and webbing! The lower PSI causes extra friction in the tire, and when you remove the tire from the rim you will see little rubber balls inside cause by the heat of the tire compressing so far. Great idea from Nuetech, but now they have to talk to the tire manufacturers and try to get them to reengineer these tires to run at lower pressure. I see this more in the woods applications but even with moto I'm sure it's effecting the structural integrity of these tires!

X2 on the Bridgestone X30's! They are sick! best tire I've ever run! Even better than the notorious Dunlop 756!!

Kudos to Nuetech for providing awesome customer service!
pete24
6/4/2015 12:19pm
newmann wrote:
Front tire or rear? After multiple attempts by multiple people(who have changed hundreds of tires) and a ruined front tire, I gave up. I have a...
Newmann, i got you there finally! i got both my tubliss tires on, what a joke tho , anyone who can change a tire doesnt need those stupid things i gave mine away good riddence

ok now all u tubeliss owners that can tell the difference between 4 lbs of air pressure speak up, cuz ur all full of shit
6/4/2015 12:27pm
newmann wrote:
pete24 wrote:
Newmann, i got you there finally! i got both my tubliss tires on, what a joke tho , anyone who can change a tire doesnt need...
Newmann, i got you there finally! i got both my tubliss tires on, what a joke tho , anyone who can change a tire doesnt need those stupid things i gave mine away good riddence

ok now all u tubeliss owners that can tell the difference between 4 lbs of air pressure speak up, cuz ur all full of shit
No one said you had to like the product, I'm sure there are a few others like you that don't! I for one love the tubliss set up, I run my tires at 8.5 psi compared to 11 with a tube and can definitely feel the difference. I never lose tractor unless the track is just completely blue grooved and dry! Plus I don't have to worry about pinching a tube, so in my eyes it's a win win
6/4/2015 12:28pm
I have seen people installing these and loving them! But I am seeing that the tires are wearing out much quicker(almost half the time). The exterior...
I have seen people installing these and loving them! But I am seeing that the tires are wearing out much quicker(almost half the time). The exterior of the tire looks great but the interior is all strands and webbing! The lower PSI causes extra friction in the tire, and when you remove the tire from the rim you will see little rubber balls inside cause by the heat of the tire compressing so far. Great idea from Nuetech, but now they have to talk to the tire manufacturers and try to get them to reengineer these tires to run at lower pressure. I see this more in the woods applications but even with moto I'm sure it's effecting the structural integrity of these tires!

X2 on the Bridgestone X30's! They are sick! best tire I've ever run! Even better than the notorious Dunlop 756!!

Kudos to Nuetech for providing awesome customer service!
The only damage done to my tire was from the tube popping(it was REALLY OLD) and the rim lock rubbed the inside of the tire really bad. Other then that the tire was in great shape inside and out after quite a few rides! Glad to hear that about the tire, I can't wait to try it out!!
Sixeightone
6/4/2015 12:39pm
Just keep in mind, the tires are not recommended to be run at such low pressures. The only advantage you gain from going tubeless is the rotational mass. It's more of an optical illusion if anything, any pressure under 12 psi and you're pushing your luck for a flat spot in your rim..
moto0852
6/4/2015 1:07pm
Just keep in mind, the tires are not recommended to be run at such low pressures. The only advantage you gain from going tubeless is the...
Just keep in mind, the tires are not recommended to be run at such low pressures. The only advantage you gain from going tubeless is the rotational mass. It's more of an optical illusion if anything, any pressure under 12 psi and you're pushing your luck for a flat spot in your rim..
Some of the top riders in Erzburg and other hard enduro races ( The ISDE 100 miler last weekend in Idaho) over some of the toughest terrain and rock gardens in the world use them at 8 p.s.i. and have for years and years.

....no body is "pushing there luck"
Gringoe
6/4/2015 1:33pm
Just keep in mind, the tires are not recommended to be run at such low pressures. The only advantage you gain from going tubeless is the...
moto0852 wrote:
Some of the top riders in Erzburg and other hard enduro races ( The ISDE 100 miler last weekend in Idaho) over some of the toughest...
Some of the top riders in Erzburg and other hard enduro races ( The ISDE 100 miler last weekend in Idaho) over some of the toughest terrain and rock gardens in the world use them at 8 p.s.i. and have for years and years.

Im sorry stupid question, but can you name some of the "top riders" in erzbErg that use them?

8 psi on a moto track IS pushing your luck for a flat spot (assuming you actually get off the ground...)
vetmxr
6/4/2015 1:36pm
use good tires and lots of tire lube everywhere and they work awesome, the lube I have found keeps them at a consistent pressure without loss. I love em...so far
6/4/2015 2:45pm
moto0852 wrote:
Some of the top riders in Erzburg and other hard enduro races ( The ISDE 100 miler last weekend in Idaho) over some of the toughest...

Gringoe wrote:
Im sorry stupid question, but can you name some of the "top riders" in erzbErg that use them? 8 psi on a moto track IS pushing...
Im sorry stupid question, but can you name some of the "top riders" in erzbErg that use them?

8 psi on a moto track IS pushing your luck for a flat spot (assuming you actually get off the ground...)
I usually run 8.5 and have never had any issues, since the air distributes through the entire tire you can drop the psi a lot lower then a conventional tube and not worry as much about bottoming it out. I have
accidentally ran 0psi a few times with it and did not experience any flat spots. And yes I definitely get off of the Ground
moto0852
6/4/2015 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2015 2:47pm
moto0852 wrote:

Gringoe wrote:
Im sorry stupid question, but can you name some of the "top riders" in erzbErg that use them? 8 psi on a moto track IS pushing...

Manuel Kössner ,Rudi Unterkalmsteine,Alberto Herholdt are three that come to mind. Last weekend at the ISDE qualifier in Idaho I counted over 15 bikes with them..

Sorry stupid question but have you rode a moto track with them at 8 psi? Cause the tests I saw where jumping triples I'd never do in my sleep and no flat spots.

Some of you neigh sayers might want to at least get some first hand knowledge before you bash. Or at least check out the youtube clips of them racing on ZERO psi for a 70 mile race with no problems.

MXA actually did a test racing a tubliss setup with ZERO psi and a desert tire. Said it was the best of both worlds. Great wear and durability with the traction of a trials tire.

But...don't let the truth interrupt your dogma.
Gringoe
6/4/2015 3:08pm
moto0852 wrote:

Gringoe wrote:

moto0852 wrote:
Manuel Kössner ,Rudi Unterkalmsteine,Alberto Herholdt are three that come to mind. Last weekend at the ISDE qualifier in Idaho I counted over 15 bikes with them...
Manuel Kössner ,Rudi Unterkalmsteine,Alberto Herholdt are three that come to mind. Last weekend at the ISDE qualifier in Idaho I counted over 15 bikes with them..

Sorry stupid question but have you rode a moto track with them at 8 psi? Cause the tests I saw where jumping triples I'd never do in my sleep and no flat spots.

Some of you neigh sayers might want to at least get some first hand knowledge before you bash. Or at least check out the youtube clips of them racing on ZERO psi for a 70 mile race with no problems.

MXA actually did a test racing a tubliss setup with ZERO psi and a desert tire. Said it was the best of both worlds. Great wear and durability with the traction of a trials tire.

But...don't let the truth interrupt your dogma.
Never heard of any of them. What was there "top" finishes in erzberg on this tubliss setup?

I apologize on the psi comment. Was thinking of how tubes work...
rohleder644
6/4/2015 3:39pm
Holy dick measuring contest Batman.....I think the point is, there are dudes traversing erzberg terrain using them. Unless they all dnf'd with flats and dented rims, I'd say it's a pretty good testament to them.
And, you're crazy if you're telling me you can't tell a difference between 14 and 8 psi
I don't personally use them. I've ripped holes in more than one tire. For me, there's no topping Tire Balls

Post a reply to: Shout Out to Nuetech!!

The Latest