Should the Mod's

Overdrive
7/16/2012 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2012 4:34pm
be more proactive in keeping threads on topic? I am not faulting the mods on vital, I just wanted to know what others thoughts are. Most of the other forums I frequent (non mx) the mods try to keep people from high jacking threads or arguing off topic non-sense to a minimum.

Again I am not bashing the mods just an honest question. It would probably be a full time job for multiple people around here.
|
SlowMoFo
7/16/2012 1:54pm
Overdrive wrote:
be more proactive in keeping threads on topic? I am not faulting the mods on vital, I just wanted to know what others thoughts are. Most...
be more proactive in keeping threads on topic? I am not faulting the mods on vital, I just wanted to know what others thoughts are. Most of the other forums I frequent (non mx) the mods try to keep people from high jacking threads or arguing off topic non-sense to a minimum.

Again I am not bashing the mods just an honest question. It would probably be a full time job for multiple people around here.
It will definitely make vital a lot easier to read but think about how much fun wi\e will miss!
Ing
7/16/2012 2:26pm
X 2 This^
motogrady
7/16/2012 2:50pm
I don't go to sites like that.
Motorcyclist.com, I think that's what it's called, covers all bikes, and I like that.
But they've got this set of mods that watch over everything like a hawk.
So I don't go there.
I mean, I'm gonna listen to some chick half my age tell me what I can say or not?
Yeah.

Best thing imo is just delete the stuff.
They keep it up, just time out for a bit, let them figure it out.
GuyB does pretty good, don't know why he let the yank and the brits go at it for so long.
IWreckALot
7/16/2012 3:26pm
They can only monitor so much. More monitoring means more $$$. Some of the threads do go by the wayside more than others though. You can usaully see that in the thread title though.

As some feedback for the mods, I generally try to stay away from threads more than 2 pages long because there is rarely any useful information found in later pages. If longer threads were given more of a priority to keep out bickering and only keep new, untyped information, I would likely keep clicking to read. I don't care to read 5 pages of people clarifying and repeating different variations of theirs and others posts earlier in the thread. Just my $.02 and that is literally all it is worth.

The Shop

sam111
7/16/2012 3:32pm
I think they should delete a lot more posts than they do. Especially those from guys who just go against the grain to piss people off and start arguments. I do realise it would be a lot of work for them though, and I am guilty of taking a few threads of track myself.
Overdrive
7/16/2012 3:36pm
I think I got my answer from the mod's seeing as half of this thread just disappeared! Thats some funny crap. Smile

So what your your saying is that we only see about half the crap people start. I never thought of it that way so thanks for the illustration.

I do agree with some wreckalot's points.
BR_HERO
7/16/2012 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2012 4:37pm
Good idea, but one of the "cons" to that could be lack of entertainment and overall conversation. I frequent and post on a "board" with around 550 members and it can be a freaking ghost town sometimes in the comment sections, though it could have something to do with the comments being voted upon which make people scared of sharing their opinion, i don't know, just a thought.

Post a reply to: Should the Mod's

The Latest