Shaun Simpson in for Unadilla?

7/15/2015 8:18am
Aryen wrote:
I'd say he should be able to make a top 6 finish.

Crashed hard last weekend btw.
Cashmore wrote:
TOP 6? No. Top ten maybe.... a big maybe but doubtful. I guess RV2 going across the pond having two bad races and waxing the field...
TOP 6? No. Top ten maybe.... a big maybe but doubtful. I guess RV2 going across the pond having two bad races and waxing the field at one really down played our series. He's a great rider though, I'm not bagging on the guy

I'd say top 10 is pretty realistic. He's a lot of top guys out right now, Unadilla fits the euros better than any track on the circuit right now. It all depends on his starts and the weather though.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/15/2015 8:45am
Aryen wrote:

Cashmore wrote:
TOP 6? No. Top ten maybe.... a big maybe but doubtful. I guess RV2 going across the pond having two bad races and waxing the field...
TOP 6? No. Top ten maybe.... a big maybe but doubtful. I guess RV2 going across the pond having two bad races and waxing the field at one really down played our series. He's a great rider though, I'm not bagging on the guy

waxing the field by going 1-3? really?

keep that profile picture, it's fitting
Silliker269
7/15/2015 9:43am
downard254 wrote:
Hell, I just think it's great that some overseas riders want to come here and race. The more the merrier I say.
Yep ! I think you said it best.
Its always interesting to see how they can do .. enough with the pissing contest shit
I could see him hovering after the top 5
Aryen
7/15/2015 12:03pm
Aryen wrote:

RUTCITY wrote:
No. Not at all. Dungey Barcia Pourcel Baggett Peick Wilson ---------- ---------- --------- ---------- Maybe top ten. Still very interested to see how he fares, and...
No. Not at all.
Dungey
Barcia
Pourcel
Baggett
Peick
Wilson
----------
----------
---------
----------
Maybe top ten.

Still very interested to see how he fares, and the more new blood the better.
In my opinion the Nats have 4 outstanding riders:

Dungey
Roczen
Pourcel
Barcia

The rest pretty much races for fifth generally speaking. I think Simpson can get in the mix for 5-8 and will get 6th overall.

The Shop

7/15/2015 4:30pm
mx836 wrote:
We have full 40 rider gates here. He should be fine. WhistlingLaughing
Well, from a logical view point it would be way, way, way easier to qualify for a gate made, and available, for 40 riders but with only "27" attempting at it. Wouldn't you say?

So theoretically it should be harder to qualify for a U.S. National gate then for a MXGP gate. But upon all that comes reality, and when it comes to Shaun Simpon I guess it wouldn't matter anyway, at least when it comes to qualifying for the gate Wink
7/20/2015 11:50am
The sort of rider that will take a while to adapt, I'm not expecting big things, Top 10 realistically
Cashmore
7/20/2015 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 3:49pm
crusty_xx wrote:
waxing the field by going 1-3? really?

keep that profile picture, it's fitting
LOL the profile pic was a joke when that "thief" thread was going around.

Thanks BRO ride much

and maybe waxed was a little over the top. You mad bro?
7/20/2015 2:53pm
I was surprised to see him preparing his bike himself between motos after his crash in Kegums. Can't he afford a mechanic or is it just his routine? He seemed to have a problem with the rear suspension and he was pretty busy.
7/21/2015 3:02am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 3:03am
I was surprised to see him preparing his bike himself between motos after his crash in Kegums. Can't he afford a mechanic or is it just...
I was surprised to see him preparing his bike himself between motos after his crash in Kegums. Can't he afford a mechanic or is it just his routine? He seemed to have a problem with the rear suspension and he was pretty busy.
if you read the interview with him (think it was in moto mag?) he says in that him and his dad (ex gp rider willie simpson) have to do a lot of the work to the bikes inbetween motos and also building and prepping the bikes inbetween gps, travelling together etc. Shaun is basically riding on a privateer team, I would guess not making a massive amount of money out of the sport at the minute and having to put a hell of a lot of work in!

we parked next to him at lommel recently (on a practice day) - was just him and his dad working out of a sprinter van, no mechanic/ suspension tech, no fancy motorhome or race van. Just those 2, putting in motos...

please bear that in mind (American fans) when you see him at Unadilla! I really hope he does well, he deserves a factory ride in gps (or dare I say it, in the ama if he puts himself in the shop window) - he's massively over achieving for the resources he has available at the minute....
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/21/2015 3:33am
I hope he has a great day, goes home safe, tells his friends and more return next year!
x2.
jamma10
7/21/2015 3:53am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 3:57am
I was surprised to see him preparing his bike himself between motos after his crash in Kegums. Can't he afford a mechanic or is it just...
if you read the interview with him (think it was in moto mag?) he says in that him and his dad (ex gp rider willie simpson)...
if you read the interview with him (think it was in moto mag?) he says in that him and his dad (ex gp rider willie simpson) have to do a lot of the work to the bikes inbetween motos and also building and prepping the bikes inbetween gps, travelling together etc. Shaun is basically riding on a privateer team, I would guess not making a massive amount of money out of the sport at the minute and having to put a hell of a lot of work in!

we parked next to him at lommel recently (on a practice day) - was just him and his dad working out of a sprinter van, no mechanic/ suspension tech, no fancy motorhome or race van. Just those 2, putting in motos...

please bear that in mind (American fans) when you see him at Unadilla! I really hope he does well, he deserves a factory ride in gps (or dare I say it, in the ama if he puts himself in the shop window) - he's massively over achieving for the resources he has available at the minute....

SouthwestMfg
7/21/2015 7:25am
So cool that Shaun and Willie are coming over for a US National. Really good people, true privateers this year. The vid's above are real stuff, that how they roll.

Anyone attending do yourselves a favor, stop by and give them a "good luck", you will be happy with there "attitude".

Always liked MX, here / there, it's all good. Like to see the GP guys duck over for one race or a season. Like to see a US rider do a race or a season of GP's. Props to all of them.

My guess, depends on the conditions. If the track develops some technicality, Shaun's got the right stuff !
Spend some timing debating the results . . that's why we have races. Not happy with the results, go to the next race !

(any resemblance to a Team-Green post - or others - is just a coincidence / respect )

Cheers all, enjoy the races.
Starcrossed
7/21/2015 8:04am
The more I read about Shaun, the more I would like to see him do well at Unadilla. I will def stop by his pit to wish him the best and thank him for coming over to do this race. Grip it and rip it Shaun!
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/21/2015 8:07am
Should be a shoe in for a top 10 and with all of the injuries we have currently a possibility for a top 5. I'd like to see it, Tommy gets all the glory and Shaun gets the results.
7/21/2015 9:22am
Park Boys wrote:
Should be a shoe in for a top 10 and with all of the injuries we have currently a possibility for a top 5. I'd like...
Should be a shoe in for a top 10 and with all of the injuries we have currently a possibility for a top 5. I'd like to see it, Tommy gets all the glory and Shaun gets the results.
it would be nice to see shaun get a good reception from the American fans, as previously mentioned he is a privateer that has worked very hard to get to where he has. Perhaps over achieving for the resources he has available. Not getting rides through daddys wallet like a lot of riders out there nowadays

I think 5th-10th is a reasonable expectation, obviously i'd like to see him as close to the front as possible. Bet there will be a few spectators out there having to double check who the number 241 is if he does run up front!!!
Rudicross
7/21/2015 10:55am
Injuries ? It's good to see Short, Grant and Canard back in action.
shuggs
7/21/2015 11:31am
So cool that Shaun and Willie are coming over for a US National. Really good people, true privateers this year. The vid's above are real stuff...
So cool that Shaun and Willie are coming over for a US National. Really good people, true privateers this year. The vid's above are real stuff, that how they roll.

Anyone attending do yourselves a favor, stop by and give them a "good luck", you will be happy with there "attitude".

Always liked MX, here / there, it's all good. Like to see the GP guys duck over for one race or a season. Like to see a US rider do a race or a season of GP's. Props to all of them.

My guess, depends on the conditions. If the track develops some technicality, Shaun's got the right stuff !
Spend some timing debating the results . . that's why we have races. Not happy with the results, go to the next race !

(any resemblance to a Team-Green post - or others - is just a coincidence / respect )

Cheers all, enjoy the races.
And remember he's Scottish 1st then Brittish!!!
Ninurta
7/28/2015 9:27am
Great news!! Guess he'll have a good bike in Unadilla Laughing

MXGP top ten rider Shaun Simpson will race for the Red Bull KTM factory team at the Unadilla round of the AMA Nationals in two weeks time, and will receive factory support in the 2016 MXGP championship. The Scotsman who won a GP at Lierop in the past and is very consistent in the last 10 years of GP racing will enjoy the experience as he returns to the team he rode for at the start of his career.

Comments KTM Sports Director Pit Beirer: “It’s great that he goes there and he is a great rider. We are pleased that we can support him and the aim is to support good material with him next year in the world championship. He’ll get the best engine that we have and what he plays all done from his own structure is very clever. We know from past experience that the transition to a factory team was hard for him. He needed a special atmosphere, to perform at his best, without the pressure of a factory team . However, you need a good engine and mechanic . We will increase the support from the factory next year and that is why we also help him with the race in Unadilla.”
7/28/2015 9:36am
Really happy for him!

And now UK fans can relax and do something else

eheheh
PastranaWho
7/28/2015 10:03am
TheCynic82 wrote:
Really happy for him! And now UK fans can relax and do something else [img]https://i.imgur.com/cK7Jw5E.jpg[/img] eheheh
Really happy for him!

And now UK fans can relax and do something else

eheheh
Looks like a fun party.WoohooSillySilly
Robgvx
7/28/2015 10:32am
Ninurta wrote:
Great news!! Guess he'll have a good bike in Unadilla :laugh: [i]MXGP top ten rider Shaun Simpson will race for the Red Bull KTM factory team...
Great news!! Guess he'll have a good bike in Unadilla Laughing

MXGP top ten rider Shaun Simpson will race for the Red Bull KTM factory team at the Unadilla round of the AMA Nationals in two weeks time, and will receive factory support in the 2016 MXGP championship. The Scotsman who won a GP at Lierop in the past and is very consistent in the last 10 years of GP racing will enjoy the experience as he returns to the team he rode for at the start of his career.

Comments KTM Sports Director Pit Beirer: “It’s great that he goes there and he is a great rider. We are pleased that we can support him and the aim is to support good material with him next year in the world championship. He’ll get the best engine that we have and what he plays all done from his own structure is very clever. We know from past experience that the transition to a factory team was hard for him. He needed a special atmosphere, to perform at his best, without the pressure of a factory team . However, you need a good engine and mechanic . We will increase the support from the factory next year and that is why we also help him with the race in Unadilla.”
Good news for Shaun. Well done KTM.
M-M
7/29/2015 2:56am
Top 5 Cool
Jimfunn
7/29/2015 3:42am
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLA5x5wWgAAMdrP.jpg[/img]
Isn't he riding #241?
7/29/2015 4:16am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 4:16am
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLA5x5wWgAAMdrP.jpg[/img]
Jimfunn wrote:
Isn't he riding #241?
the pic is from his twitter ... so i quess this must be the right one for the USA trip ...in MXGP he has 24
Spydee
7/29/2015 4:17am

British Motocross champion Shaun Simpson will join AMA Supercross champion and likely 2015 AMA motocross champ Ryan Dungey when he takes his awayday to Unadilla. The Scot had originally planned on taking his own suspension over with him to fit to a borrowed bike, but now the Red Bull Factory KTM team have come up with the goods, and Simpson will now take to the line with a factory machine.

In a statement, KTM Sports Director Pit Beirer confirmed the decision to give Simpson full support for the American race, and went on to confirm the factories intention to upgrade their support for the British champion throughout 2016.

“It’s great that he goes there and he is a great rider”, said Beirer. “We are pleased that we can support him and the aim is to support good material with him next year in the world championship. He’ll get the best engine that we have. We know from past experience that the transition to a factory team was hard for him. He needed a special atmosphere to perform at his best, without the pressure of a factory team . However, you need a good engine and mechanic . We will increase the support from the factory next year and that is why we also help him with the race in Unadilla.”

As the MXGP moves into the final stages of the series, the silly season is in full swing, with a raft of unsubstantiated rumours about team signings and moves circulating on social media. The statement from Beirer is fantastic news for MOTO columnist Simpson and seems to indicate that he will stay orange for 2016. Currently running seventh in the world championship on what is effectively a privateer bike, it’s clear that with factory support SS24 could seriously improve that position next year.
51xc
7/29/2015 7:12am
wilson just cracks me up!

that's a lot of orange bikes out there for unadilla. 5 factory /factory backed 450 machines and another 5 or so in the 250 class.

Post a reply to: Shaun Simpson in for Unadilla?

The Latest