/thread
GuyB wrote:
Wha?

/end posting career?
Didn't get the sarcasm? lol..
Sherwood
11/20/2011 11:53am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 11:58am
Sherwood wrote:
The same people fast and winning on two strokes won and win on the 4 stroke. Odd.
Yep mcgraths return on the 4 stroke proves your point! It's not a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke issue. Look at riding style and track design...
Yep mcgraths return on the 4 stroke proves your point!

It's not a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke issue. Look at riding style and track design the guys that were fast then are gone now except windham, Stewart, and reed.

If MC couldn't run with today's crop Paulmer isn't gonna get it done.
Why would you say the 4 stroke changed the game when it clearly didn't?

Who else was winning besides RC Stewart and Reed when the 2 to 4 switch happened?

MC was done winning before the 2 to 4 stroke ordeal.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/20/2011 11:55am
Hando wrote:
What's up with the Romper Stomper persona? Grinning
That movie was horrid. lol

The Shop

11/20/2011 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 12:11pm
Sherwood wrote:
Why would you say the 4 stroke changed the game when it clearly didn't? Who else was winning besides RC Stewart and Reed when the 2...

Who else was winning besides RC Stewart and Reed when the 2 to 4 switch happened?

Go race a 2-stroke on a modern supercross track and get back with me. At MEC I was talking to MC, Tony Alessi, and some others. I asked what they thought of the pace and commented how every single guy does every jump on the track. When back in the day there was usually a jump or two on every track that only a handful could do. McGrath's comment was that it's a whole new world out there. He went on to say 4 strokes have made everyone fast. Everyone around agreed. Brown dog Wilson was there if you need a witness to the conversation at the Rockwell Rig. But hey those guys probably don't know as much as you.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
11/20/2011 12:06pm
Shaun is a good guy. I have raced with him on both snow and moto. The man has a serious skillset. His fame isnt any fluke, it's earned. Race him on a tricycle and he will win. I have huge respect for Shaun. He's a worthy competitor and if you line up with him, you won't be disappointed. He will make you work for it.

If only more people were like that.
Hando
11/20/2011 12:32pm
Hando wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
Spot on movie in my book!!

I'm just a Big Russel Crow fan
Sherwood
11/20/2011 1:18pm
Sherwood wrote:
Why would you say the 4 stroke changed the game when it clearly didn't? Who else was winning besides RC Stewart and Reed when the 2...

Go race a 2-stroke on a modern supercross track and get back with me. At MEC I was talking to MC, Tony Alessi, and some others...
Go race a 2-stroke on a modern supercross track and get back with me. At MEC I was talking to MC, Tony Alessi, and some others. I asked what they thought of the pace and commented how every single guy does every jump on the track. When back in the day there was usually a jump or two on every track that only a handful could do. McGrath's comment was that it's a whole new world out there. He went on to say 4 strokes have made everyone fast. Everyone around agreed. Brown dog Wilson was there if you need a witness to the conversation at the Rockwell Rig. But hey those guys probably don't know as much as you.
Yet Reed, Stewart and RC where winning before 4 strokes and after. Odd.
bearded clam
11/20/2011 1:47pm
Hando wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
Hando wrote:
Spot on movie in my book!!

I'm just a Big Russel Crow fan
Are you a chick? if your not do you have a man crush on Russel Crow?
11/20/2011 1:47pm
Sherwood wrote:
Yet Reed, Stewart and RC where winning before 4 strokes and after. Odd.
Like I said they don't know as much as you.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
11/20/2011 2:59pm
Hando wrote:
Sarcasm always works in forums.

See?
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/20/2011 3:27pm
Palmer is a bad dude.. No doubt about it.
twizzler
11/20/2011 6:37pm
The Palm is a bad ass and a good guy also. When I was racing mtn bikes he was doing his DH racing. He kicked everyone's ass on the mtn and again in the bar some nights. Good times! He could still line up at boardercross or skiercross and potentially win Gold at WinterX this year if he wanted to. He was hanging with Mitch and the Pro Circuit crew at Pala this year. Full beard and longer hair. Don't think many people even recognized him. The best extreme sports/X Games athlete and personality of the last 20 years IMO.

Post a reply to: Shaun Palmer - 2008(?)

The Latest