Seriously MX Sports?

inmate5200
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2014 5:02pm
Just want to say you guys do a great job. This is time of year people start crying about ex pros in vet class, people sandbagging in the C class, it's too expensive, why isn't there a special class for their kid etc etc......

I was lucky enough to race Lorettas 3 times and this time of year brings back fantastic memories of qualifiers, regionals, trying to get in shape hoping to qualify and try to finish in top 20.

There are only a handful of racers who move on with much success and thousands like me who enjoy the ride and the memories.

Just want to say thanks to DC and crew
|
hillbilly
4/15/2014 7:26am
Yep,it is a week i always cherished,my 1st time was in 87 the last was 03.

Slept in the bed of my datsun truck in 87 pulling a 3 rail. Got 8th on a husky 430.

Slept in my boxvan in 02 ,lucky it was a cool year.

In the 80s a plow only touched the start,track prep was done at lunch break.

The last times i went they were pulling in turns while on the sight lap.

I like it ruff and beat,that way speeds are down and fitness comes into play.

Oh,and the start used to just dogleg a bit and go left of that tree you now go right of.

It was 4th or 5th pinned ,according to your gearing.

One year in 500a I went under a cartwheeling honda,redflag,bodies laying all over the place.
4/15/2014 7:32am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 7:33am
I remember just walking into that River, in full gear and all, after the devastating heat of the 2:30pm hour moto......oh my god was that moto misery. But that river was heaven after.
inmate5200
4/15/2014 7:35am
hillbilly wrote:
Yep,it is a week i always cherished,my 1st time was in 87 the last was 03. Slept in the bed of my datsun truck in 87...

Slept in the bed of my datsun truck in 87 pulling a 3 rail. Got 8th on a husky 430.

Oh,and the start used to just dogleg a bit and go left of that tree you now go right of.

One year in 500a I went under a cartwheeling honda,redflag,bodies laying all over the place.
We raced against each other in 35+ in 2003. Well sorta you were much faster.....great times and great memories
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/15/2014 9:45am
By your title I thought you were going to complain about something. Nice to see it didn't turn out that way, cheers!

The Shop

35smom
4/15/2014 9:50am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 9:51am
Loretta's are the best racing memories I have. Every year when that race rolls around I always wish we could be there. An experience to last a lifetime. Cheerful
I wish just 1/10th of this board could go just once then maybe even, though you disagree with what DC does, it puts it into perspective.
JOHN CHOATE
4/15/2014 10:30am
35smom wrote:
Loretta's are the best racing memories I have. Every year when that race rolls around I always wish we could be there. An experience to last...
Loretta's are the best racing memories I have. Every year when that race rolls around I always wish we could be there. An experience to last a lifetime. Cheerful
I wish just 1/10th of this board could go just once then maybe even, though you disagree with what DC does, it puts it into perspective.
Well said, 35smom. I'm hoping to make it 6 years in a row now. It's hard to explain the vibe at that event to someone who has never been there. RIDE ON !!!
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
4/15/2014 10:59am
YES - What Mom said.......................

The only thing I would add to that is what DC, Tim Cotter and the entire crew do to make it happen not just DC. Not being critical just felt the need to mention so many others that work so hard in a steam pressure cooker.

Choate - the "vibe" is exactly it. Well said.
DC
4/15/2014 11:06am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 11:06am
Thanks for the kind words, I understand and know the same memories -- sitting in the creek in 1982 after my first moto, with Kevin Foley and Jim Vuegler and my brother Tim and just never having been that hot it my life! Proud Mary's, the Pit Bike Races, the original beer tent, the Fox Radio Show, the game room... too many great memories to list.

And TomZ is right, I get a lot of credit that I don't deserve, and folks like Tim Cotter and everyone else at MX Sports -- and especially my mom and sister and brother, plus AMA folks like Kip Bigelow -- do a great deal to make the whole program happen, but it's mostly behind the scenes. The vibe comes from the even playing field they all work together to create.

See you guys there again this summer.

DC
MX Sports
motomike137
4/15/2014 3:03pm
I totally agree with the OP. The event is like no other! I made it for the first time last year after trying a few times in the past and can't begin to describe what a memory I came home with. I made so many new friends, got to race against/with one of my first moto heroes 4 time champ Gary Jones (who by the way was super cool and put up with me hanging around his box van a few times like we were old pals...lol). The event runs like a well oiled machine and the vibe and feeling of just being there was priceless for an old moto junky like myself. I got the whole treatment from mother nature from heat and humidity to a monsoon one day and luckily I wasn't scheduled to race that day so we took a side trip to Nashville and soaked up the music city atmosphere. One of my favorite moments was standing on the second floor balcony of the Red Bull structure and having this young man who I would guess to be around ten or so look at my pass hanging around my neck and ask me if I was racing (i'm 54) and when I said yup with a proud smile he said cool! We talked moto and benched raced for a good hour. I could go on and on but suffice it to say it is one of the greatest memories of my life!
mx317
4/15/2014 4:35pm

Here is my bib collection from Loretta's.
CnCRacing
4/15/2014 6:30pm
I never raced there but went with the Curfman family in 86 I think it was. Every since I started racing about 10 years ago I have always dreamed of going back. Some day if it's not me it will be one of my boys. One of the best times of my life!
hillbilly
4/15/2014 6:46pm
hillbilly wrote:
Yep,it is a week i always cherished,my 1st time was in 87 the last was 03. Slept in the bed of my datsun truck in 87...

inmate5200 wrote:
We raced against each other in 35+ in 2003. Well sorta you were much faster.....great times and great memories
I was really prepared that year.,,good times for sure.
hillbilly
4/15/2014 6:48pm
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/15/51171/s1200_008.jpg[/img] Here is my bib collection from Loretta's.

Nice,Igot mine hanging on a pipe in the shop,plaques laying on the shelf above my toolbox,where i laid them the day i unloaded.

Its about the memories.
d6mx
4/15/2014 6:53pm
35smom wrote:
Loretta's are the best racing memories I have. Every year when that race rolls around I always wish we could be there. An experience to last...
thinking the same thing every august. best racing memories for sure. '94-'05
35smom
4/15/2014 8:27pm
35smom wrote:
d6mx wrote:
thinking the same thing every august. best racing memories for sure. '94-'05
Oh man....remember the Racer X house up on the hill? You were the hustler!! What a night Cool Good times!
inmate5200
4/16/2014 2:23pm
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/04/15/51171/s1200_008.jpg[/img] Here is my bib collection from Loretta's.

Love all the bibs. Wish I would of kept mine. Going thru old boxes in garage tonight.....
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
4/16/2014 3:50pm
DC wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, I understand and know the same memories -- sitting in the creek in 1982 after my first moto, with Kevin Foley...
Thanks for the kind words, I understand and know the same memories -- sitting in the creek in 1982 after my first moto, with Kevin Foley and Jim Vuegler and my brother Tim and just never having been that hot it my life! Proud Mary's, the Pit Bike Races, the original beer tent, the Fox Radio Show, the game room... too many great memories to list.

And TomZ is right, I get a lot of credit that I don't deserve, and folks like Tim Cotter and everyone else at MX Sports -- and especially my mom and sister and brother, plus AMA folks like Kip Bigelow -- do a great deal to make the whole program happen, but it's mostly behind the scenes. The vibe comes from the even playing field they all work together to create.

See you guys there again this summer.

DC
MX Sports
Wait.....you forgot the golf cart parade !!

Pit bike races.....hah.....there is some funny stories.

Thanks DC for making the memories so fond. I sweat just thinking about LL. Man.....how did I forget to mention Kip .....Thanks for covering that.
48dirtbikekid
4/16/2014 5:02pm
I agree with all the posts, only thing I ever kept from my amature racing is Loretta's bibs plaques and some pics in playground magazine I think it was and some awards ceremony's pics! The girls, tree jump into the river, pit bikes, and great times with great friends to this day the memories from that place make me smileSmile

Post a reply to: Seriously MX Sports?

The Latest