Seriously, Emig needs to...

jonjon714
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 11:56am
...take a xanax before entering the broadcast booth. Don't get me wrong, he's a great color guy. But he gets so freaking excited and then the stammering starts. There were a couple of times I thought he was gonna pass out trying to get the words out.

And, oh, does Shaheen's granpappy own Speed? Must...

Hmmm, maybe I was the only one yelling at the TV Sat night...

|
ocscottie
1/5/2009 9:30am
He is not even close to a "great color guy", and having to play off Ralph only makes matters worse.
P
1/5/2009 9:32am
I thought he did a good job. A much better job than the producer.

Hey, let's follow Ivan Tedesco for half the Heat even though the guy that we keep calling the "fastest man on the planet" is out front turning faster laps. Unsure

P
KAWboy14
1/5/2009 9:33am
i like the 2.....they seem to do ok by me!
Racer92
1/5/2009 9:34am
WTF? I think Fro is doing a great job.

The Shop

tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
1/5/2009 9:35am
P wrote:
I thought he did a good job. A much better job than the producer. [i]Hey, let's follow Ivan Tedesco for half the Heat even though the...

Hey, let's follow Ivan Tedesco for half the Heat even though the guy that we keep calling the "fastest man on the planet" is out front turning faster laps. Unsure

P
You better be careful, you are going to make Reed blush!
RACERX69
1/5/2009 9:35am
jonjon714 wrote:
...take a xanax before entering the broadcast booth. Don't get me wrong, he's a great color guy. But he gets so freaking excited and then the...
...take a xanax before entering the broadcast booth. Don't get me wrong, he's a great color guy. But he gets so freaking excited and then the stammering starts. There were a couple of times I thought he was gonna pass out trying to get the words out.

STFU....Emig's doing fine!!!

1/5/2009 9:36am
I like Emig.
if he stutters too much, then he shouldn't be there. Seems to do ok, but when excited he's all over the map. Sorry he's had that problem since a kid, but play by play calling isn't in his future if he can't control it. just sayin...
Slow ~ Pro
1/5/2009 9:37am
I'd like to have them both replaced with Holley, and Wiegant.

Sheheen, spent to much time talking about the fireworks...I guess the shrooms must have been kicking in !
Devil1nNj
1/5/2009 9:38am
I want Weedge and Holly on Tv dammit.
And of course the lovely Erin Bates in the pits, with each weeks outfit voted on by us fans before the event.
Ok I am getting carried away...
P
P wrote:
I thought he did a good job. A much better job than the producer. [i]Hey, let's follow Ivan Tedesco for half the Heat even though the...

P
tcannon521 wrote:
You better be careful, you are going to make Reed blush!
Reed was in Heat 1.

P
Hey, I happy for what we have, but lets face it, they will be no awards being handed out for that commentary.
ocscottie
1/5/2009 9:39am
Racer92 wrote:
Think i could get a copy of the shows you are watching? no way in hell i am watching the same broadcast.
KAWboy14
1/5/2009 9:41am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2009 9:47am
Racer92 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Think i could get a copy of the shows you are watching? no way in hell i am watching the same broadcast.
quit being a hater scottie......he is doing it for free and you get to watch him for free, you should just be happy!
Robmx522
1/5/2009 9:41am
everything about there broadcast is horrible ...esp the editing ...the commentating is a disaster espn was 100x better then speed
jonjon714
1/5/2009 9:41am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2009 9:54am
jonjon714 wrote:
...take a xanax before entering the broadcast booth. Don't get me wrong, he's a great color guy. But he gets so freaking excited and then the...

RACERX69 wrote:

For some reason the picture in your post didn't load. Always glad to help a brother out...

Edit - Please see Noob's post below...
jonjon714
1/5/2009 9:42am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2009 9:42am
Racer92 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
KAWboy14 wrote:
quit being a hater scottie......he is doing it for free and you get to watch him for free, you should just be happy!
Whoa...Emig doesn't get paid?
dirthead1
1/5/2009 9:45am
What I dislike most about the broadcast is all the added drama. "History" and "rivalries". Lame
noob
1/5/2009 9:48am
Did Emig ever figure out who the guy was that "invented gravity?"

I was crossing my fingers that both of their contracts would be up and we could have Weege + (ANY EX-PRO RIDER WHO CAN FORM SENTENCES QUICKLY)!
noob
1/5/2009 9:48am
jonjon714 wrote:

RACERX69 wrote:

jonjon714 wrote:
For some reason the picture in your post didn't load. Always glad to help a brother out...

Edit - Please see Noob's post below...

1/5/2009 9:49am
Ladies, lets not forget, Emig is not a pro and is doing the best he can.

With that said, someone should take Shaheen out back and shoot him, just take him out of he misery.

Bring the Weedge in, that guy could get you excited about watching paint dry!!!
Adam43
1/5/2009 9:49am
Shaheen is abysmal in this role. He is a flat out terrible MX/SX announcer. His lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the sport shines through on every single broadcast.

I have seen him on World Of Outlaws coverage and he is excellent there. Stick with what you know.

Speed must love the guy to keep putting him in this gig. They have much better guys already on their own payroll - the Aussie Leigh Diffey would be first in my books. He has been great filling in for Ralph.
Devil1nNj
1/5/2009 10:13am
Adam43 wrote:
Shaheen is abysmal in this role. He is a flat out terrible MX/SX announcer. His lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the sport shines through...
Shaheen is abysmal in this role. He is a flat out terrible MX/SX announcer. His lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the sport shines through on every single broadcast.

I have seen him on World Of Outlaws coverage and he is excellent there. Stick with what you know.

Speed must love the guy to keep putting him in this gig. They have much better guys already on their own payroll - the Aussie Leigh Diffey would be first in my books. He has been great filling in for Ralph.
yeah Diffey was awesome the few times they used him.
Larry
1/5/2009 10:15am
Emig carried that broadcast. Shaheen keeps getting worse and that Erin woman just wants to start trouble. She would be great on WWF.
BobbyM
1/5/2009 10:26am
jonjon714 wrote:

very true but it was the 1st race and they had butterflies...or emig did anyways
rucka356
1/5/2009 10:28am
Emig talks about the most stupid stuff. He tries to analyze things too much. Needs to just stick to the racing, not worrying about analyzing every little thing.
crowe176
1/5/2009 10:30am
Emig should have been canned when he referred to the single greatest jump of all time as "the parking lot jump".
G Force
1/5/2009 10:35am
P wrote:

P
I am all for equal tv time if there is no "race" going on within the race.

P
1/5/2009 10:36am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:48pm
P wrote:

P
G Force wrote:
I am all for equal tv time if there is no "race" going on within the race.

It was far from equal. You would have thought that Ivan was considered a front runner or was charging from last to first. Either way, when you have the guy that everyone has been waiting to see and that you (the broadcast team) has been billing as one of the front runners and you only show him the last lap of the heat something is wrong.

P
gt80rider
1/5/2009 10:41am
RACERX69 wrote:

never listen to DB, the Canadian guys, or the Australian crew??

Emig "should" have lots of good real world insight..... instead, he keeps talking about what "great racing" and "great battles" are going on, even though it was a wire to wire runaway win.... i don't have a problem with his marble mouth, it's a part of who he is..... but his mouth keeps running, and he's only saying things that even my mother-in-law could point out.... he needs to be talking about things that only Fro knows, what it's really like to run at the front of a 250 main.....

Post a reply to: Seriously, Emig needs to...

The Latest