Sequence Pics of Osborne's Pass on Bowers

DanDunes818
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 12:22pm
I'm not sure if this is "the incident" that led to Tyler Bowers payback pass on Zach Osborne Saturday, but it's definitely the pass for the lead FOX Sports missed at A1. I missed it too and I was there. Photos by: Mark Lester

|
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
1/7/2015 7:00pm
hmm...doesn't look like much contact if that is the incident that Bowers was upset about.

Troy
1/7/2015 7:03pm
I watched it live. 16 ran it in on 911 a few times. Didn't notice anything dirty, but it was hard racing for sure. The broadcast didn't catch any of it. Only caught Tyler stuffing it in on Zach
Grizz
1/7/2015 7:03pm
hmm...doesn't look like much contact if that is the incident that Bowers was upset about.

I don't remember Bowers being upset. He simply took the lead away.
wreckitrandy
1/7/2015 7:07pm
Things that go around,,, come around. Pulling for Zack now more than ever.

The Shop

stewie94
1/7/2015 7:17pm
point blank , bowers aint here to fuck around & be buddy buddy , he wants tht championship & wants it bad... do ya thing tyler
PTECH
1/7/2015 8:36pm
From what the pics show that's clean as could be, dungey-esque even. If that was the pass that Bowers wants to use to justify stuffing Osbourne, dang. If that's the case I hope someone returns the favor! Where is Blake Wharton when you need him?
radialone
1/7/2015 8:38pm
Maybe it's already been touched on - I haven't checked the entire forum - but I don't see how Osborne broke his thumb in the Bowers incident. It's his left thumb and I didnt notice it taking much of an impact.

I did however notice that he falls on that hand during his second crash in the heat. The one that almost immediately follows the bowers run in.
ChrisB10
1/7/2015 8:43pm
radialone wrote:
Maybe it's already been touched on - I haven't checked the entire forum - but I don't see how Osborne broke his thumb in the Bowers...
Maybe it's already been touched on - I haven't checked the entire forum - but I don't see how Osborne broke his thumb in the Bowers incident. It's his left thumb and I didnt notice it taking much of an impact.

I did however notice that he falls on that hand during his second crash in the heat. The one that almost immediately follows the bowers run in.
Matthes wrote an article today saying Bowers sent him video his team had which showed Osborne actually broke his thumb on another crash with a different rider.

They were both on pulp Monday night and they didnt exactly squash it when they talked about it. This might get interesting!
radialone
1/7/2015 9:39pm
radialone wrote:
Maybe it's already been touched on - I haven't checked the entire forum - but I don't see how Osborne broke his thumb in the Bowers...

ChrisB10 wrote:
Matthes wrote an article today saying Bowers sent him video his team had which showed Osborne actually broke his thumb on another crash with a different...
Matthes wrote an article today saying Bowers sent him video his team had which showed Osborne actually broke his thumb on another crash with a different rider.

They were both on pulp Monday night and they didnt exactly squash it when they talked about it. This might get interesting!
That's what I was thinking after watching the crash back today. And the plot thickens...
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/7/2015 10:25pm
Doesn't look dirty but neither did the pass Bowers put on him. He didn't take his front wheel out, t-bone him or anything dangerous. There have been a ton of passes made in supercross that have been way worse. I'm a fan of rubbing is racing and the last thing I want in Supercross are steward investigations of aggressive passes with the mindset that plagues F1. Those guys can no longer fart next to one another without getting some sort of penalty and it has really ruined part of the racing.

Here's a link to the bowers pass. It definitely doesn't look like he broke his finger in that little crash since his left hand never even came off the grip.

http://youtu.be/auolzLex-rc
Cashmore
1/7/2015 11:22pm
radialone wrote:

It was his left thumb, and he did fall the second time in a left hand turn. I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not like this was an Alessi on Tickle pass.
Crush
1/7/2015 11:28pm
Bowers was pretty clear he was talking about the bit before the finish.... Is it clear this is that part?
1/8/2015 1:57am
the bowers "take out" wasn't imo, yes it was a hard pass but fair, Zach had the opportunity to back out, didn't, went off track.

I couldn't believe it got so much traction, but I suppose the media need to create storylines wherever possible lol
Spydee
1/8/2015 2:01am
the bowers "take out" wasn't imo, yes it was a hard pass but fair, Zach had the opportunity to back out, didn't, went off track. I...
the bowers "take out" wasn't imo, yes it was a hard pass but fair, Zach had the opportunity to back out, didn't, went off track.

I couldn't believe it got so much traction, but I suppose the media need to create storylines wherever possible lol
Just goes to show you how disappointing the season opening race was when the media are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to ignite a story. Isn't this was racing is all about??
1/8/2015 2:16am
I think so spydee, i've seen dirtier moves in motogp FFS

I think by mid season we will see some moves worthy of a story though Laughing
Glory
1/8/2015 2:18am
stewie94 wrote:
point blank , bowers aint here to fuck around & be buddy buddy , he wants tht championship & wants it bad... do ya thing tyler
I'm not sure riding and passing so aggressive so early on and then do a douchey interview afterwards is the way to go. Payback might be a bitch
jamma10
1/8/2015 2:19am
I dont understand why the Bowers > Osborne pass was so controversial either, and Im a big fan of Zachs.
Jimfunn
1/8/2015 2:21am
the bowers "take out" wasn't imo, yes it was a hard pass but fair, Zach had the opportunity to back out, didn't, went off track. I...

was thinking the same thing. Just a slow day for excitement....it'll heat up!
Glory
1/8/2015 2:22am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2015 2:23am
jamma10 wrote:
I dont understand why the Bowers > Osborne pass was so controversial either, and Im a big fan of Zachs.
Yeah the pass wasn't that bad imo even though it was kind of unnecessary for a heat race. But what i reacted to the most was the interview afterwards. Am I the only one? Made him look like a total prick in my eyes
Olson
1/8/2015 2:43am
Bowers feels super insecure. Why the need to defend the shit out of a simple pass that took someone else out?
jamma10
1/8/2015 2:57am
Olson wrote:
Bowers feels super insecure. Why the need to defend the shit out of a simple pass that took someone else out?
He had the guy confront him after the race so maybe he assumed everyone else had seen it the same way?
Spydee
1/8/2015 3:08am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2015 3:09am
Olson wrote:
I didn't see it like that, I bet Tyler is wondering what all the fuss is about himself but was just answering the questions as he was asked them.. It's not like he wanted to talk about it, seemed more fed up that everyone was concentrating on that moment alone and not his desire to win.
Jroc
Fantasy
2533rd
1/8/2015 4:24am
PTECH wrote:
From what the pics show that's clean as could be, dungey-esque even. If that was the pass that Bowers wants to use to justify stuffing Osbourne...
From what the pics show that's clean as could be, dungey-esque even. If that was the pass that Bowers wants to use to justify stuffing Osbourne, dang. If that's the case I hope someone returns the favor! Where is Blake Wharton when you need him?
Dungey-esque would be in the same rut right behind him.
HenryA
1/8/2015 4:38am
PTECH wrote:
From what the pics show that's clean as could be, dungey-esque even. If that was the pass that Bowers wants to use to justify stuffing Osbourne...
All props to Wharton, but don't forget about this guy:

I would love to see a Stewart Vs Bowers battle!
hellion
1/8/2015 4:56am
I'm not the first to say it, but I'm calling BS on Osbourne breaking his thumb in that incident. His hand never even came off the bars, and there was very little contact.
fidiot
1/8/2015 5:01am
Olson wrote:
Because word is John Gallagher got all up in his face immediatley after the heat race. Apparently he told John Gallagher, "I didn't come here to finish 2nd place".

Zach shooting off the track was his own fault. Bowers didn't even stuff him that hard.

Go Bowers! I'm an even bigger fan now.

fidiot
1/8/2015 5:02am
hellion wrote:
I'm not the first to say it, but I'm calling BS on Osbourne breaking his thumb in that incident. His hand never even came off the...
I'm not the first to say it, but I'm calling BS on Osbourne breaking his thumb in that incident. His hand never even came off the bars, and there was very little contact.
x2!
roost
1/8/2015 5:12am
I think the broadcast guys made a good point... Bowers comes from the Arenacross World were you pass like that if you want to get anywhere... maybe it was just instinct.

He also said how he laid up in the Main due to the heat incident during his podium speech...

Post a reply to: Sequence Pics of Osborne's Pass on Bowers

The Latest