Schiffer out for MXDN

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 1:46pm
Marcus Schiffer is out for the MX des Nations in Kegums, Latvia. The member of Team Germany has injured himself at the final round of the ADAC MX Masters Series in Teutschenthal. Sebastien Pourcel crashed right after a jump. Schiffer wasn't able to avoid his bike and crashed heavily.
|
HenryA
9/22/2014 2:06am
Well that sucks. And it's definitely not looking good for germany this year, any words on his injuries?

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/22/2014 2:21am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 2:21am
That was a gnarly crash, I have seen it live at the track.
Pourcel crashed on the downside of a jump and a lot of the following riders couldn't avoid the bike in the landing. It was carnage with a lot riders crashing at that scene.

Official word is he broke his neck, vertebra C3, C4, C5, and had surgery already. He also has a damaged hernia and a metacarpal fracture.

In this case our MXoN Team Germany effort really isn't priority level one, I just hope he will recover fully!!

I guess Henry Jacobi will replace him as our MX2 rider.
PressPassP
9/22/2014 2:46am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 2:47am
mxmasta wrote:
That was a gnarly crash, I have seen it live at the track. Pourcel crashed on the downside of a jump and a lot of the...
Pourcel crashed on the downside of a jump and a lot of the following riders couldn't avoid the bike in the landing. It was carnage with a lot riders crashing at that scene.

Official word is he broke his neck, vertebra C3, C4, C5, and had surgery already. He also has a damaged hernia and a metacarpal fracture.

In this case our MXoN Team Germany effort really isn't priority level one, I just hope he will recover fully!!

Why not Brian Hsu??

World junior Champion by quite a stretch,the boy is fast! I know he's only 16 but I wonder if he Will be considered?

The Shop

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/22/2014 3:04am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 3:05am
mxmasta wrote:
That was a gnarly crash, I have seen it live at the track. Pourcel crashed on the downside of a jump and a lot of the...

PressPassP wrote:
Why not Brian Hsu?? World junior Champion by quite a stretch,the boy is fast! I know he's only 16 but I wonder if he Will be...
Why not Brian Hsu??

World junior Champion by quite a stretch,the boy is fast! I know he's only 16 but I wonder if he Will be considered?
Brian Hsu raced yesterday the same class as Henry Jacobi:

Race 1:
Pos. 2 Henry Jacobi - Best Lap: 1:40.887
Pos.11 Brian Hsu - Best Lap: 1:42.911

Race 2 (mud race):
Pos.4 Henry Jacobi - Best Lap: 1:56.291 (after a mid pack start)
Brian Hsu didn't finish the race. Best Lap: 1:55.194

Saturday Qualifying times:
Henry Jacobi 1:38.516
Brian Hsu 1:41.258

I guess Brian Hsu has the talent, but just isn't up there speedwise already.
There is no official word who will replace Schiffer, but I guess (hope) they will pick Jacobi. He is even in the same raceteam as Ullrich, so this would probably fit pretty well.
jamma10
9/22/2014 3:10am
Pourcels bike after the crash;

9/22/2014 3:17am
Oh man that looks pretty horrendous! A truly scary list of injuries too. All the best to Marcus right now.
Olson
9/22/2014 4:18am
Reports also states that Nikolaj Larsen, Filip Thuresson and Mike Stender got injured at another crash in the same heat. Gregory Aranda got injured in the same crash as Pourcel and Schiffer was involved in. I have not read any reports on Nikolaj Larsens injuries, he was supposed to ride MX1 for Denmark in Mxdn this weekend. Filip Thuresson is not riding for Sweden this year, he's in the hospital with a bruised liver and gall bladder. Hoping for a full and fast recovery for everyone involved.
9/22/2014 4:20am
bad news for all riders Sad

screw the mxdn, I just hope they all recover.
Crush
9/22/2014 4:54am
jamma10 wrote:
Pourcels bike after the crash; [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/22/65775/s1200_Screen_Shot_2014_09_22_at_10.36.32.jpg[/img]
Pourcels bike after the crash;

Holy shit! I've never seen such a twised back end!
Lucifa.
9/22/2014 5:09am
Bummer for Scotland. Is he as good as RV2? Never heard of the guy.
9/22/2014 5:51am
He WON the Motocross of Nations last year... Thanks for listening ;-)
9/22/2014 6:02am
mxmasta wrote:

PressPassP wrote:
Why not Brian Hsu?? World junior Champion by quite a stretch,the boy is fast! I know he's only 16 but I wonder if he Will be...
Why not Brian Hsu??

mxmasta wrote:
Brian Hsu raced yesterday the same class as Henry Jacobi: Race 1: Pos. 2 Henry Jacobi - Best Lap: 1:40.887 Pos.11 Brian Hsu - Best Lap...

Race 1:

Race 2 (mud race):

There is no official word who will replace Schiffer, but I guess (hope) they will pick Jacobi. He is even in the same raceteam as Ullrich, so this would probably fit pretty well.
that surprises me- i thought brian hsu and davey pootjes would be the next herlings/ roczen level riders coming though. Both have shown big potential- maybe a bit too early for brian then? certainly would be a formiddable team in the future if he does live up to his potential - hsu, roczen and nagl!

sounds really serious about schiffer- hope its not as bad as it sounds and he makes a full recovery. Real shame for him and for the german fans
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/22/2014 6:08am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 6:21am
It's official, Jacobi replaces Schiffer. Although he has an eye injury from the second moto yesterday, the doctors cleared him for the upcoming weekend.

As for Hsu, IMO he is going to be good someday, but it would surprise me if he will be in the Roczen or Herlings department of speed.
Rooster
9/22/2014 8:07am
Damn, best wishes to Schiffer. That's a gnarly list of injuries. I hope he's going to be OK.
9/22/2014 8:31am
mxmasta wrote:

Best wishes to him and his recovery, never like hearing anything like that.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/22/2014 8:37am
Wow that sucks after watching his Comeback Video and especially if it wasnt even his fault...
They should make the mxon before the season so everyone shows up lol
mccread
9/22/2014 10:43am
Get well soon to Schiffer and everyone else that got injured. Horrible so close to the Nations.

I hope Hsu will ride, be very good experience for him in the future. Roczen, Nagl Hsu could be a winning team for Germany again in a couple of years.
Sparkey
9/22/2014 12:25pm
I read that more as he see's the riders health and recovery more important as the single rider not being able to ride the MXdN. Not a F'off MXdN as it might have been perceived.
PressPassP
9/22/2014 12:31pm
mxmasta wrote:

PressPassP wrote:
Why not Brian Hsu??

mxmasta wrote:
Brian Hsu raced yesterday the same class as Henry Jacobi: Race 1: Pos. 2 Henry Jacobi - Best Lap: 1:40.887 Pos.11 Brian Hsu - Best Lap...

Race 1:

Race 2 (mud race):

He might need to race at top level to bring the best out of him,those times are still pretty good though,I dunno,next in line maybe,the experience would do him good

Best withes to Schiffer,those are some awful injuries,and good luck to Jacobi

Cheers for putting those stats upWink
9/22/2014 1:46pm
Sparkey wrote:
I read that more as he see's the riders health and recovery more important as the single rider not being able to ride the MXdN. Not...
I read that more as he see's the riders health and recovery more important as the single rider not being able to ride the MXdN. Not a F'off MXdN as it might have been perceived.
Yup, thanks.

That's exactly what I meant, mainly because the thread and especially the title is focused in the lack of attendance at the race and not the poor guy that may actually struggle with life down the line.

Maybe I should have articulated a little more but that's all that went through my head when I read up on the accident.

Post a reply to: Schiffer out for MXDN

The Latest