Scared to lose.

When i was little i rode all the time. I had my own backyard track and i went to state races all around U.S and never lost. We ran into money problems i had to stop racing for probably 9 years. I raced last years state race on 125cv and got annialated(bad spelling). Im 17 years old now and ive rode about 7 times this year and there is a state race at kahoka MX which is where i ride now and im afraid to race now. Not for any normal reason im not scared of other riders. I dont think about crashing ever, im not scared to crash. Im scared to lose. When i lose it is just breaking i got so usto winning that when i lose its very bad and im going to race C class if i do race and i know i can stay infront of an A rider i just domt aant to race because i dont want to lose. ( i ride 250f now)
|
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
9/10/2016 7:24am
So you can beat the A riders but you are going to race the C class ? Ya it probably best you don't race anymore .
tobz
9/10/2016 7:26am
Think of it as a life lesson that doesn't get taught in school as much as it should these days. Smile
bvm111
9/10/2016 7:35am
So you had to start two threads about it?

The Shop

hillbilly
9/10/2016 7:37am
If behind toss it down the track in a total yardsale, you'll look like a hero then.
9/10/2016 7:45am
If I did the math right, you were 7 years old when you quit racing and that was after you won everything and you are still so used to that winning thing? Thats impressive Cool
vetmxr
9/10/2016 7:45am
hillbilly wrote:
If behind toss it down the track in a total yardsale, you'll look like a hero then.
Smile
St Ann More
9/10/2016 8:08am
Just posted trying to get advice :/. No need to be rude.
Drink a few mugs of concrete and toughen up, if you lose, you lose - use it as motivation to be better and win next time!
mikec265
9/10/2016 8:16am
Did the old tylers account get deleted and reincarnated?
I never won a race but that didn't stop me.
Just learn and do better each time.
Don't be afraid of mental stuff. Just go for it and learn from the mistakes. And ask that chick with big boobs out on a date!
HenryA
9/10/2016 8:16am
It's a local MX race for fun. Relax....
cali11
9/10/2016 8:27am
Listen to Rocky Music! Eye of the Tiger!
JWACK
9/10/2016 8:32am
If you can beat A riders but race C class something doesn't add up. Your not learning what you need to learn.. I remember in 2000 I was racing 250 C class for my first year really racing an entire season.. I finished the season in 2nd so the AMA moved me up to sportsman. Kinda like B class. Well that whole year I got my butt kicked and got on the podium one time I think . I was kinda like you. I didn't want to lose.. But you know what? I learned a whole lot about race craft and lines and riding a wide bike when those guys pushed me. Flash forward one more year and moved up to A class. With all the experience of losing and learning I had become a decent A rider and won the AMA championship in my area for a few years... My lesson is that I wouldn't have gotten better if I let my fear of getting beat stop me from getting behind the gate even when I knew I was going to lose.
wwoberg
If your 17, maybe you should focus on reading and writing skills to be successful. Reading that post makes my head hurt.
moco
You have a massively over inflated ego. A large ego is indeed necessary for confidence in dealing with challenges. An over inflated ego detaches you from reality and is a sign of larger underlying psychological issues that will effect you negatively in many areas of your life.
The limited insight you have provided about your attitude sounds more consistent with a 5 year old not 17. You might want to start watching Dr Phil instead of SpongeBob SquarePants.
TDeath21
9/10/2016 9:47am
Dude if you're racing C class and you really can stay with A riders, just don't even race. At least race B. There's a bigger drop from B to C than there is from A to B.
RandyS
9/10/2016 10:00am
I think when you used to win, and people expect you to win, you should ride practice. Then a lap or two of the first moto and pull off with a (place excuse here) injury. Do that a few times during the season then talk about how you're getting ready for next year.
9/10/2016 10:05am
RandyS wrote:
I think when you used to win, and people expect you to win, you should ride practice. Then a lap or two of the first moto...
I think when you used to win, and people expect you to win, you should ride practice. Then a lap or two of the first moto and pull off with a (place excuse here) injury. Do that a few times during the season then talk about how you're getting ready for next year.
I see what you did there Randy Grinning
Fourth_Floor
9/10/2016 10:07am
I thought this thread was something pertaining to the Glen Helen GP. I want those 3 minutes of my life back.
nc97
9/10/2016 10:16am
Dude if you racing C class you already lost
RandyS
9/10/2016 10:55am
RandyS wrote:
I think when you used to win, and people expect you to win, you should ride practice. Then a lap or two of the first moto...
I see what you did there Randy Grinning
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Sidecar
9/10/2016 11:15am
Dude.... Really is this for real???? Can't you just gain pleasure from having the opportunity to ride/race a dirt bike????
Jeff alessi
9/10/2016 11:24am
If you can stay in front of A riders for even a quarter of a lap you shouldn't even think of racing C class! I don't see any c rider going within 10 seconds a lap of any decent a rider consistently track to track. maybe you should take the dive into the faster classes and work on starts, get yourself up front and focus ahead of you. I would assume your letting emotions pop your cork, stop being so mental don't let things ruin your race and focus on the 4 seconds ahead of you at all times. there's nothing behind you that's gonna make you go forward. Take a breath on the gate and remember what's going on and what you want to do and do your best to follow that plan. At all times it's about what's ahead.
9/10/2016 11:29am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2016 11:32am
What's the old saying, "Show me someone that is scared to lose, and I'll show you someone who can be beat every time".

Sorry bud, always going to be someone faster out there, looking to cut ya down.

Concentrate on racing the track, not so much the other riders. When you have the track wired, other riders are merely obstacles in your path.
9/10/2016 11:35am
moco wrote:
You have a massively over inflated ego. A large ego is indeed necessary for confidence in dealing with challenges. An over inflated ego detaches you from...
You have a massively over inflated ego. A large ego is indeed necessary for confidence in dealing with challenges. An over inflated ego detaches you from reality and is a sign of larger underlying psychological issues that will effect you negatively in many areas of your life.
The limited insight you have provided about your attitude sounds more consistent with a 5 year old not 17. You might want to start watching Dr Phil instead of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Well said, good advice. There is an underlying psychological issue that needs to be addressed, as with all of us. You must not base your self-worth on a motorcycle race, your life is so much more greater than that. You are already a winner, know your identity. Motocross is a great way to exercise, physically express yourself, and above all is a luxurious blessing.
Kawi4life
9/10/2016 2:02pm
I honestly had my best races (1rst places) when I expected myself to lose.... I was able to ride much more relaxed and calm when I didn't set any expectations for myself and didn't care too much about the outcome (I just wanted to take home a trophy, lol.)

Post a reply to: Scared to lose.

The Latest