SX and MX world series?

ga_pike
2/19/2013 6:21am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2013 6:37am
Could a SX/MX World Series work? Maybe take the top 10 US riders, top 5 from the Canadian series, top 10 from Europe, top 5 from Japan, top 5 from Australia, and 5 locals/sponsor exemptions per event and do a world wide series that encompasses both MX and SX? Run it as an open class with true factory bikes and limited restrictions so we can see real exotic stuff from all over.

Hold events around the globe in the US, Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia, etc. (not leaving anyone out on purpose) and have those events be a mix of SX and MX races? Possibly a 10 event series held over a 3 month period with races at some of the best MX tracks in the world and 3 or 4 stadium SX events mixed in. I understand that it would take some arrangement of the current series schedules, but why not host a real World Series or World Cup to see who the actual best is?
|
nb11
2/19/2013 6:37am
That sounds like it would be a great concept. I would see the GP guys being more on-board with this than the U.S. guys, since they already travel all over for races. However, over here, they have a set schedule and "easier" money. RV can make his millions racing SX and MX without traveling all over, and I doubt there'd be enough money to lure our top guys away like that.

Post a reply to: SX and MX world series?

The Latest